Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 12/9/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-09-2011, 08:27 AM   #2  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

I am thinking~when I get into phase 3 or 4, then maintanence~of going Vegan/vegetarian. Just wondered if anyone has done the same? Happy Friday everyone
Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Wuv - read about your dinner date on yesterday's chat...

You Go Girl!

All I kept thinking was I bet Wuv couldn't stop smiling....on...a...DATE!!!! Next time you will have go dancing too!
Old 12-09-2011, 09:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 134/130/118

Height: 5'3"

Hi ladies and gents,

Good Morning from Canada! Thought I would pop on and say hi and see how everyone is doing.
Ive been on IP for just 9 days now happy to say that at my first WI this week I was already down 2 pounds, its not a huge number but its a loss anyhow.

I have my first challenging day coming up tomorrow, christmas get together with my boyfriends family. Really hoping I can resist the temptations that will be all around and stick with the plan. Wish me luck lol.

Well I hope everyone is having a fantastic day, better get back to work

Make it a great day!
Jennifer
Old 12-09-2011, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

I'm on day 3 of IP and feel pretty good. I notice I'm quite hungry first thing in the morning and between lunch and dinner. My coach has me taking 4 IP packets the first week only (the extra packet between breakfast and lunch -which I need). It's actually real hunger though, not just eating because it's time, which is nice.

Today I'm holiday shopping with my 18 yr old son so I'll pack my lunch and bring water. So far so good!

PS To Wuv.....I liked that post about your date. Congrats! You seem like such a caring person, (and you look amazing) I'm sure more dates are in your future!

xx Pam
Old 12-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Good morning, everyone!! Had my WI yesterday and I'm down another pound and about 2 inches. I was hoping for more, but I've been having trouble with the big C recently. My coach said that I need to start taking a stool softener in the mornings, that all the protein is causing it. She suggested Senekot...any thoughts?

Busy weekend ahead with a Christmas party and Mardi Gras ball pictures. My two sons are junior dukes in a ball for the Krewe that my parents belong to. That ought to be funny!

Hope you all have a great OP weekend!!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

TGIF everyone!

Feeling much better but tired was at work at 7:30 yesterday and today and i'm working tomorrow and sunday we have a work kids christmas party so no time to rest for me!

Changed the battery of my scale yesterday and i'm not liking the new numbers its giving me, liked it better when it was almost dead, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtemplet View Post
Good morning, everyone!! Had my WI yesterday and I'm down another pound and about 2 inches. I was hoping for more, but I've been having trouble with the big C recently. My coach said that I need to start taking a stool softener in the mornings, that all the protein is causing it. She suggested Senekot...any thoughts?
Senekot worked for me for about 2 days... i've been battling this since i started IP and have tried a whole variety of things. I take 2-4 floralax a day and 4 probiotics (floralax does nothing without the probiotics). TMI, i go almost every morning but not that much.

Have a great OP day!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

rbtemplet,

I deal with this problem occasionally (before IP) and my coach gave me an IP supplement called Novalax (I'm not home so I can't see the bottle at the moment). He said to take 1 in evening starting the 3rd day.

I have used Senekot in the past. Gentle, just to "get things going". Sometimes it takes a few doses. Drink with lots of water. I usually take in evening though.

Good luck and congrats on your losses!
Old 12-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #9  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

rbtemplet,
My coach recommended Miralax. She said that you can have it every day to keep things going. It's a powder that mixes in to liquid. My husband's elderly aunt used to use it, but I've switched her to the Senokot because it's a bit more effective. She's 90 and is basically bed-bound.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
This is a constant battle for me I'm either one way or the other (TMI I'm sure! lol). Senekot didn't work for me while on this diet, it worked before when I needed it though. Like Busymom I have probiotics (2 twice a day) and one or two floralax twice a day. It's the diet, I've accepted it won't be what I want it to be until I'm done lol.

Good Luck finding the combination that works for you!

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-09-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Thanks, everyone! I have never had this problem before, except after my 2nd child was born and that was only a one-time thing. I will try the probiotics I think while on this plan.

Thanks again!!
Old 12-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone, I'm just starting my fifth week, and my period is just around the corner...I can't stop thinking of food. I'm counting down until my next meal... Does anyone else get "hungrier" during their period time??? (I'm not going to cheat but seriously, I can't wait for dinner!!!) And I usually don't think about food at all...

Last edited by New Englander; 12-09-2011 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Didn't make sense...
Old 12-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #13  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Height: 5'5"

Good Friday Everyone, I weighed in at home this morning as my coach as the flu and it showed -6.2 I am too scared to "take" that number, as I have never compared my scale with my coaches'. Must have been all that Christmas shopping I have done in the last week, walking the miles LOL.
By the way, saw my SIS (Yvetteski) and she looks AMAZING!! This weekend is jam-packed again and I have sure missed reading the site.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
I am thinking~when I get into phase 3 or 4, then maintanence~of going Vegan/vegetarian. Just wondered if anyone has done the same? Happy Friday everyone
I use to be a vegetarian...but would eat fish. Since going on this I started eating red meat again...than I got sick of it really quick and now stick with fish and eggs...I'm going to teach myself how to saute tofu. My sister eats it all the time and loves it. So, you can shift to no red meat diet, if you don't already. personally, I really only like chicken if it's chicken fingers!!! LOL (which of course isn't allowed on this). I hope a true vegetarian replies to you...but I heard this diet is really difficult for vegetarians, as most of the IP foods have protein from animals or animal by products...
Old 12-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #15  

Quote:

Busy weekend ahead with a Christmas party and Mardi Gras ball pictures. My two sons are junior dukes in a ball for the Krewe that my parents belong to. That ought to be funny!

Hope you all have a great OP weekend!!
The big C is a huge problem for me too...A coach recommended a magnesium citrate from CVS. It comes in what looks like a soda bottle and it worked for the time being but didn't "solve" my problem. I saw another coach who recommended Novi-Lax, which is a IP item. It was about $20 for a bottle and you take 1-2 pills / day. Today is my second day and it hasn't done much...but I've heard other's praise it. She also said I'm not producing that much waste...I eat a lot of eggs and fish and she said my body is absorbing a lot of it...After you've finished your 4th week you'll also have the chance to go on a cleansing system..it takes about 43 days and cost about $60...it will flush your colon, liver and ??? (one other major organ)... pancreas maybe. Well, if the Novi-Lax doesn't work I'll give that a try...
Closed Thread