General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:48 PM   #1  
Back On Track

S/C/G: 143/138/130

Height: 5'5"

Default Slimming down for my wedding!

I'm only 22, but I have a bit of a history with dieting. When I was 16, 5'4" and 165lbs, I went on Atkins. In four months, I lost about 35lbs. The bad part was that I stayed on Induction (20 net grams of carbs) the entire time because, whenever I went up like I was supposed to, I'd gain weight. After the four months was up and I hit my original goal, I switched to a low calorie diet and added exercise 5 days per week and dropped down to my lowest weight, 125lbs at 5'5".

I met my current fiance at that weight. We've been together for 4 1/2 years, and I learned the hard way what happiness does to a woman's body. In these years, I've been as high as 145lbs and as low as 130lbs. I yo-yo a lot and I'm constantly trying to lose weight and keep it off. I've tried my own low calorie plans, and more recently I lost about 15lbs on Weight Watchers, but my 3 months ran up and I can't afford it anymore.

I'm currently 138lbs and I'd love to get back down to 130 and stay there. It's only 8lbs, but these are the hardest ones to keep off for me. I'm also having a big problem sticking to any plan. I'll get up and work out on Monday and then slack off the entire rest of the week. I really need to get into gear before my wedding.

My problem areas are my arms (big one, especially for the wedding -- and my strapless wedding dress I bought yesterday) and my midsection (the dreaded muffin top -- well, almost).

I'm going to really really try to eat healthier, but working full time and being a college student makes it hard sometimes, so working out is going to be the main part. Here's the workout plan (keep in mind that I'm only looking to tone down a bit, not lose 60lbs or bulk up):

-8-minute workouts 5 days per week [I'll be doing 8 minute abs and 8 minute arms each day...and I may work in a legs or buns one if I'm feeling motivated)
-Cardio 3 days per week [Power walking AT LEAST one mile with 2.5lb ankle weights and 3lb dumbbells]

My wedding is 5 months away, so there's plenty of time, but how fast should I see results if I stick to this? Will the 8 minute workouts suffice? I can't afford a gym membership and I have no other equipment at home.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. I just want to feel and look great on my wedding day and stay at that condition for the long haul.
lbwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I think you will be at goal by that time, probably before that tme. I do recommend a diet plan to go along with your exercise. Since you don't want to do a plan and being so busy try eating healthier, no junk food, no deserts, stay away from fried foods and sugar. Eat more vegies and fresh fruits. Good luck !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on your wedding!

What exactly are you doing for your arms and abs? I lift 12lb dumbells and they have made my arms look wonderful (in addition to heavy lifting)

You also might want to increase the intensity of your workouts as you build strength. Trust me, you won't bulk up It's very difficult for women to bulk up unless they specifically set out to do so.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote