Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-01-2011, 05:01 PM   #1  

Default Anyone have "I can't believe that's me" moments?

I have reached my goal weight (actually below it), and it seemed so fast and effortless compared to my initial expectations that sometimes I cannot believe that I'm actually wearing a size 6/8. I went to Macy's today for jeans and automatically picked up a bigger size, only to have to put it back & get a smaller size. I even examined myself closely in the three-way mirror and could not believe it was me staring back (for years, I avoided looking at any angle but basic front view). Even though, paradoxically, I've always seen myself as smaller than I actually was (and would get discouraged when I would go shopping and have to buy bigger sizes), now it seems as if I just cannot fathom how small I've gotten. Don't get me wrong: This is definitely not a confidence issue. I am thrilled to pieces at my new size, but it's registering slowly. Anyone have this experience?
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I lost my weight fairly quickly too and it's taking quite a bit of time to register that I'm the size I am.

I've had instances where I didn't recognize myself in the mirror! I've also had times where I didn't recognize myself in photos!

I can wear a size 4 most times and I still have trouble believing it. I hold up my pants and sort of boggle at them in disbelief...even the ones I already own. Recently I tried on some 6s and the salesgirl in the fitting room told me to get the 4s and I had trouble believing her!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #3  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I catch a glimpse of myself in the glass door out to my deck sometimes, and am surprised at how thin I've gotten. I have lost fairly quickly, too - I started in mid-April. I can't imagine what it will be like when I get to goal!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:29 AM   #4  

It's definitely better to have that "who is that?" moment after losing weight than after gaining it (which I've also had), right Ladies!!
Old 12-02-2011, 07:03 AM   #5  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Definitely, I have the same issue with clothes too in that sometimes I look at my clothes and really wonder how in the world they fit me!

I certainly haven't had quick weight loss but I've been overweight for awhile now so it's been difficult to change my own image of myself. I try to take lots of pictures, measurements and look at myself in the mirror to get a better idea.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I can't say that I lost it particularly fast but I sometimes wonder who that woman is whose reflexion I see....it's me !!!!!
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #7  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I am in the same boat. I am amazed how quick the year went and how much fun I actually had.
I also still grab way too big sizes in stores! Retail staff is looking at me like I am nuts when I pick up XL T-Shirts etc. or try on pants and then ask for two sizes down.
Last week I actually scared myself walking by a mirror. I thought I am bumping into another person. I didn't recognize myself in the mirror!
But it is not just me. I met an ex-colleague last week and he walked straight past me without recognizing me. I literally had to tell him who I am!
It is really odd though when people you know well don't even recognize you. I am still the same! Just smaller. I don't feel that different I guess.

I am going back home over Christmas and nobody (not family, not friends) even know about it! I am starting to get nervous. I don't want my parents to have a heart attack! I hope people don't freak out!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #8  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

I did the other day at work. I had to go into the office for a video conference so while it was being set up I looked up to the tv and had to take a 2nd look cause I didn't look really really FAT!!!! I was like, wow, I look so different, I can see my shape???Who is that? It was crazy. When the girl left after she set me up I did some posing before the video conference started HAHA
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #9  
Happy Member

Yes, whenever I look in a mirror I am surprised to see that smaller woman. I've been heavy most of my adult life, and now it is difficult to realize that I actually am a normal weight.

But I am enjoying the newness of me.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I remember back when I was in college and lost a lot of weight through running/lifting, I got toned! I've always been chunky, even as a kid, so it was amazing.

I tried on a bikini and stood on the little bench in the dressing room for 45 minutes posing in the mirror.

I was SHOCKED that I could look that good...I miss it, lol.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175+/113/120

Height: 5'6"

This is me without a doubt. I have been under120 pounds for probably 16 - 18 months and under 112 for about a year. I still can't believe this is my size or weight. I also am delighted but at the same time it is strange to look so different. I can move easier and feel so much more dainty. When I was bigger, I felt like an elephant in a china cabinet. You are not alone in feeling amazed....I still am after after all these months. Congratulations on your loss and continued success in the maintenance world
sisypheanme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by josey View Post
. . . But it is not just me. I met an ex-colleague last week and he walked straight past me without recognizing me. I literally had to tell him who I am!
It is really odd though when people you know well don't even recognize you. I am still the same! Just smaller. I don't feel that different I guess.
The same thing happened to me! I am a teacher at a college, and one of my former students whom I know very well (have run into her outside of class, attended one of her art shows, etc.) was at the same gym as I the other day. I walked up to her to say hello, and she looked at me blankly. She didn't even pretend to recognize me. It was really funny---she said, "Who? Who?" I finally had to tell her who I was. Wow---even I don't think I look that different.

Last edited by lin43; 12-02-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I have a hard time believing that my thin clothes from my first weight loss are too big even though I weigh more than I did before.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by liliesinmycereal View Post
I have a hard time believing that my thin clothes from my first weight loss are too big even though I weigh more than I did before.
You must have really toned up!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I think so. Last weight loss I ended at a size 12 for 145 pounds. This time I'm a size 8-10 at 150 pounds.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote