View Poll Results: What is the best way you measure your weight loss success?
How the clothes I own fit/in the store fit (new sizes!) 9 64.29%
I take measurements on a regular basis 0 0%
One word: Compliments! 0 0%
My energy level - I can run up a flight of stairs without passing out!! 0 0%
The truth is in the scale..... 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2003, 10:24 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Thursday Thread

Startin' today's thread...
Old 02-13-2003, 10:33 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls!

I limited the choices on the poll today because I am asking the BEST way. Not a combination of ways. I think for me the best way is clothes. How they fit, new and old, is the best indicator for me.

I went shopping to cheer myself up and bought size 16 pants and a size 14 top (always top smaller than bottom). The pants are plain black with a thick waistband (you know the type) and the shirt is a peasant shirt, brown and blue, flowery, with thin leather ties on the neckline and sleeves. Its cute! I am weraing today with navy skirt that is too big but still wearable. SKirts are easier to pull off - as long as they stay on your waist!!

Plans for V-day...not too much. B/f and I are going to make salmon and broccoli (one of my fave meals) and stay home. I hate the crowds on v-day! I bought him Roch Voisine tickets (any Canadians shoudl know him) and a chocolate heart from Purdy's. He really likes Roch cuz he's from New Brunswick, his home-province. I got him 3rd row seats!

Well, off to work - much to do and not much time as usual. BOOH...

BBL!!
Old 02-13-2003, 12:25 PM   #3  
Proud Canadian

Well, I had a roller-coaster day yesterday, my sister gave me a ticket to the hockey game tonight (canucks vs colarado) and I cancelled my other plans with all my friends who hate me cause I have tickets and they don't, then her father in law took a turn for the worse (recently diagnosed with cancer) so she gave me the second ticket to share with one of the friends I had cancelled on. It was good for him, cause he gets to go to the game but in a sad way. I also put on a pair of my old fat pants and they're not as big on me as they used to be. I stayed on plan yesterday and today I have every intention of doing the same thing. I won't take any money with me to the game so I won't be tempted to buy junk food and beer when I'm there. I can get back into my small clothes!! I can do it.
Belle - I haven't heard of Roch doing a concert for a while, maybe he just doesn't come out past the rockies.
I'll be back.
KT
Old 02-13-2003, 02:23 PM   #4  
Running Babe

I find the good ole pants o meter is the best way.. For example I have been thinner at this weight... so I am getting back into training. I did some heavy weiughts yesterday on my back and boiceps and some cardio.

Belle: Ah yes, Roch Voisine, I remember his stuff from when I was a lass. Everyone loved the song Helene way back when. I also am much smaller on top... I still have hips and stuff despite barely being an a-cup... The descrepany isn't so bad now.... My shoulders are fairly broad. My hips don't look too wide, but my rear sticks out a bit (not that there's anything wrong with that).

KT: I just went back tomeetings for now... I hadn't been in AGES!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 02-13-2003, 02:44 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

Ali - I have Helene running through my mind right now. I had forgotten about that one.
KT
Old 02-13-2003, 04:01 PM   #6  
Canadian Chick

Alright-who kidnapped all the Americans?? What's up with only us Canuck chicks around today? Weird. I definitely think the best way is how my clothes are fitting. Today they feel a little snug. I am eating like crap & being super lazy. What's wrong with me? We had DQ for lunch & I supersized everything plus got cheese & bacon on my fries! Yeah great for the old heart! Argh! I doubt the weekend will be much better. My Mom is coming & we are a terrible pair together when it comes to food. We both encourage each other in our indulgences. Bad bad bad. Oh well. Still no definite v-day plans. We might catch a matinee & then go mini-golfing or something. DH has a busy day of classes & then he always goes to bed early on Fridays b/c he has to work at 6am Sat. I'm all psyched for Survivor tonight. Girls against guys should be very interesting! Anyway I should go do some house work or something. Talk to you gals later!
Old 02-13-2003, 04:29 PM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default Canadian Day?

I read on the CBC that many Americans are out buying duct tape and plastic sheets at the suggestion of the gov't - maybe that is where they are now!

Kidding....really, is it a US holiday of some sort today??

KT - you go girl. you can fit into your small clothes!! Maybe we need a new challenge of some sort to re-motivate us?!

Ali - yeah, I guess your weight (ie: the #) is not necessarily indicative of gain or loss in terms of size. I hear measurements are the best way to monitor, but I just use clothes as my benchmark. Its easier... My hip waist ratio is so out of whack that I get back pain from the dip when I lie on my side....every heard that "I like big butts" song?? That is so me. Little in the middle but I got much back.

Rina - my mom and I do that too - living with her was really hard b/c she'd bring home my favorite treats (ie: Easter Creme Eggs) and say "oh, its just one little egg" true, but a few a week add up. Mind you, I'd do that to her sometimes. Or I wouldn't stop her from buying herself burnt almond chocolate bars, her big indulgence.

I am sending you vibes to get you out of your rut!! >>>>)*****(<<<<< Strength vibes!!

Anyway, don't beat yourself up (bad Dobby!)

I did go to the gym today and I am so excited b/c I ran for 15 min straight without a walk interval!! Then I ran some more so I actually ran 18 out of the 25 minutes, which is really good for me!!

Well, back to work - only 2 hours to go, then hometime. B/f comes back from Edmonton (field trip) tonight! But he won't give me my v-day gift til tomorrow after work.

Ali - did you invite the guy to see Blue Rodeo?? Have fun at the concert tomorrow....oh and I hope your roomate is still doing well!

BBL!
Old 02-13-2003, 05:53 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Belle - Way to run! I laughed out loud when I read bad dobby - very funny.
Rina - I forgot to set survivor to tape!!!! I am a bad reality show watcher - I suck! Maybe I can stop by my house before I go get my tickets.
KT
Old 02-14-2003, 12:09 AM   #9  

I am not a regular to this thread, but had to pop in and say Hi! I am also 20-something Canadian girl! (Do any of you consider yourselves women yet? ) I was surprised to hear that Roch is still performing, I haven't heard anything new from him in forever!
Ali- your point about being thinner at a certain weight really struck a chord with me. I saw a pic of myself today, from exactly one year ago, when I was the same weight. I look so much thinner! I don't know if it is because my DD changed my body a ton, or if I just have horrible self-image!
Rina- Hi to a fellow Saskatchewan resident! Don't see many of us around here!
I can also identify about Moms and junk food- mine brought me my yearly V-Day box of Ferrero Rocher today, even though she knows I am doing WW. Why couldn't she have brought me a cute outfit like the one she got my DD instead? Not that I would be quite as cute in a sheer fuschia belly shirt and flare pants!
Good luck to everyone on Valentine's Day! Try not to let one day ruin your whole week, pts-wise!
Closed Thread