Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 10:01 AM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Chatters

Greetings one and all
Okay, I'm in a very good mood today. I have renewed zeal to get rid of this flab.
Hope everyone has the same mind-set.

It's going to be beautiful weather here today. We're actually having a few days without rain.
I'm going out and pick up small branches and twigs and then vacuum up leaves in my front yard. The people on either side of us have a yard service. Their yards are spotless. Guess it's time to have ours spotless for a day or so. (They don't have trees like we do.)

Suggestions for evening snacks---- I like fruit. You can jazz it up with a little fat free Cool Whip. Like I've mentioned, hot air popcorn or microwave popcorn is very filling and fun wihen watching TV. Or, get some SnackWell cookies that are only 1 pt. each. A couple of those with hot tea is filling to me. Hope this helps some.

Tina
Old 02-12-2003, 05:46 PM   #2  
Susan

Hi All,

Well, I've had a day were I just want to crawl under a rock and not come out!!! I want a new job!!!!! I am so sick of people at central office!!!! I am a good teacher if they would just let me teach! So, I am meeting with a principal at one of the elementary schools to talk to him about teaching kinder. I would love to stay at my school with my principal but I'm ready to get out of special ed for a while. I tell you it was a HORRIBLE DAY!

My weight loss is none for the week. I want to see a major drop!!! Don't we all?

I promise I'll start posting more often! I know I've been bad at doing it lately.

Hope everyone is doing good. I think I should go out and sit in my swing and relax and pray my mood gets better.

Susan
Old 02-12-2003, 11:27 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

To Susan---

Hope all this helps. We all have bad days and need to talk about them. Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

Tina
Old 02-13-2003, 05:44 PM   #4  
Susan

Thanks Tina,
I do feel a little better today. I am serious about wanting to teach kindergarten next year. I collapased on the couch last night and fell asleep at 9:00. I was mentally and physically exhausted!!!! I think a change will be good.

Tomorrow should be interesting. There will be lots of goodies in the lounge. I plan to stay away from them.

Tina, I bet those arms are beautiful and firm.
Old 02-13-2003, 09:27 PM   #5  
Thursday Lady

I'm sorry and disgusted to say that my arms aren't firm like I wanted them. They do look a little better but not what I wanted. I'm going to wear my new gown anyway.
He won't even see my arms. he..he..he

Tina
Old 02-13-2003, 09:46 PM   #6  
Susan

Tina,
You'll look beautiful in your new gown. What color is it?
Old 02-13-2003, 09:50 PM   #7  
Thursday Lady

Susan, my gown is a sleeveless, long white cotton one. On the top, it has embroideried red roses. They are little tiny. I guess they are roses---or some kind of flowers. It's a pretty gown.
I hope the weather stays warm like tonight.

Tina
Old 02-14-2003, 03:55 PM   #8  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Just wanted to stop and say I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentines Day. .....Sis
Old 02-14-2003, 06:09 PM   #9  
Susan

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Ok, I must confess..... I ate everything that didn't eat me today.... from candy to french fries.

Hope you had a great day!!!
Old 02-14-2003, 06:33 PM   #10  
Thursday Lady

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!

I didn't eat a hamburger but I ate candy, like Susan.
My son brought me a 1 lb. box of Whitman's. That was my lunch----not the whole box.
We are having take-out pizza for supper. I hope I have room for pizza with all the candy I've been eating.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Tina
Old 02-14-2003, 07:09 PM   #11  

Tina, your gown sounds pretty. I'm sure your arms look better than you think!!

Suan, believe me. I can relate to how you feel about your job. Our HS principal (who is good) is going to be our new superintendent next year. Just found out the MS principal (who is a jerk with no discipline) will be the new HS guidance counselor. Now we can only hope that the elem. principal decides to go somewhere else. That would make my day. With the new supt., I think we will see some changes, hopefully positive ones.

I love teaching. I wouldn't have stayed in it this long if I didn't. BUT there are so many frustrations with all of the paperwork, administration, etc.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 02-15-2003, 12:15 AM   #12  
Thursday Team

I can relate to what Susan and Tina are saying... I did the V-Day chocolate eating thing today as well. And I sooooo wanted to eat a hamburger and fries this evening, but didnt have any cash on me So I ate chicken strips from the grocery store (wrote a check for groceries!)... LOL.

What a lovely sounding gown you have Tina. I'm sure you dazzled your hubby while wearing it!

Well it's nearly midnight, and my guy friend hasnt even mentioned valentines day to me.... hmmmm that should tell me something... good thing my daughter gave me valentine cards

Im not gonna weigh tomorrow as Im sure today didnt do me any favors...so its back to journalling big time for next week!!

Have a good weekend all..Dee
Old 02-16-2003, 10:43 AM   #13  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Hubby and I got to go out for the evening and spend the evening alone for a change. It was very nice. Doesn't happen too often so we appreciate it when it does. Good luck next weeks WI everyone. After last night I don't know if I will do so well next week but we'll see. Hve a GREAT day all....Sis
Old 02-16-2003, 11:10 AM   #14  
Susan

Morning,
We have snow on the ground. And of course, they didn't predict it. It's just a dusting but it sure is pretty. We were on our way home at 3:30 am and Pat pointed out it was snowing. I went to hear the band play for the first time since I had my knee replacement. I had a great time!

Tina, I'm sure you were stunning in your dress!!

Dee, Shall we have a chat with that fella? We can set him straight

Sis, Glad you and hubby got to spend some time together.

Tammy, I went into teaching thinking there wasn't politics, but boy is there!!! I love teaching too, that's why I want to get back to doing more of it. Instead of spending all of my time preparing and running ARD (or IEP) meetings.

Ok, You know I said I blew on Valentines Day. Yesterday, I did real good until we got to the club. I had diet coke but broke down and had stuff olives. They were wonderful!! Stuffed with cheese & salsa then fried. YUM!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 02-16-2003, 03:24 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,

Dee, we should all have a talk with your male friend!

Sis, it sounds like you had a great time. We all need a little time alone with our significant other.

Tammy, be careful in that snow.

Susan, you lucky duck---snow! Wow.

Everyone have a great day.
Tina
Closed Thread