Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 06:39 AM   #1  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday

Good morning buddies, I have a big prayer request to ask this morning.

As you know, I have arthritis. I had been taking methotrexate and arava. These two drugs are lethal to a fetus. If you do a search on the two of them with the word pregnancy, you will understand how bad they are.

I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant. I took a home pregnancy test and the two lines appeared within 3 minutes.

Dh and I tried to concieve for almost 2 years after my youngest daughter was born. Month after month was filled with disappointment as TOM always arrived without fail.

When I went on the medications, I got on the bcp and continued with the bcp for about 6 months. The only problem was I never wanted to be intimate with my dh, so we decided for the good of our marriage to go off the pill.

4 week later, 2 lines later....I am pregnant.

I am freaking out because I am so scared that something is going to happen to the baby either thru miscarriage or birth deformalities. I have been spotting red and pink since Sunday and I have a bad feeling about it.

BUT

I know God can do miracles, and I am asking you to pray for this baby...that none of the medications I had been taking will effect the baby. I have given it to God, and asked him to do His will. I am trying to totally trust in Him. In my heart I hope he answers my prayer the way I want him to...which of course is a healthy baby in 9 months.

Thank you.

Angie

P.S Have a great OP day all.
Old 02-12-2003, 07:20 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Angie - our thoughts and prayers are with you and the baby. Just think of it this way, at least you found out sooner rather than later and can now take healthy steps in the baby's development.

Jess - I have been a gaming fan since I was a little kid. Grew up with 2 brothers, always played Nintendo, Sega, etc. And yes, I have been known to play Playstation from 5pm to 2am without stopping. Jay used to get upset because I wouldn't let him have a turn

Well, yesterday started OFF good, but turned out not-so-good. I didn't make any good choices after breakfast *sigh* But today is a new day and I'm trying to put yesterday behind me and not let it effect how today will be.
Old 02-12-2003, 10:05 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default Long time no post

Hi girls,
sorry to be away so long. i've been too busy at work and also trying to avoid using the internet too much. but i can't stay away and i miss you guys.
so, fill me in - what's been going on?
angie - i'm thinking of you. have you spoken to your doc about your concerns?
lori - i noticed you made lifetime - well done! funny how it's harder to maintain than lose... or at least, that's what i reckon.
big hello to everyone else, so many names to mention i don't know where to start. i hope you're all doing well.
as for me, i'm still plodding along a few pounds below goal (but not as many as i'd like!). i've really been looking at which foods i eat (not just the points) and hopefully choosing healthier ones will have a result (ie more fish and fruit/veg). i've got a friend's wedding in april that i want to look amazing for! not to mention the thought of summer!! BF and i are thinking of going to Australia and New Zealand. no idea when (i quite like the idea of going over xmas and new year) but i'm very excited at the thought of it.
that's all my news for now.
Princess Puddin n Pie
(that's my ya-ya name! quite apt i fear!)
Old 02-12-2003, 10:27 AM   #4  

Angie ~ My thoughts are with you. Make an appt as soon as possible to meet with your doctor. I think once you know the facts and things are checked out it will put your mind at ease. Congrats! How old are your two?

Lori ~ I am with you. My day started OP, but by suppertime, I overate again, and over points by 7. I am starting again today. I have had a bagel with FF cream cheese and coffee. I plan on having a banana for lunch and something sensible for dinner. I have got to start losing this weight!!!

Kirsty ~ Glad to have you back. I wasn't worried that you deserted us, I knew you were probably busy. I miss you posting first thing in the morning!

Not much new with me. Trying to rope in my eating. Summer is coming way too fast! My DH is leaving for a hunting trip tonight. He will be gone til late Sunday night. For Valentines day I bought a big basket and packed all sorts of munchies, bottles of rootbeer and a new hunting hat and hand warmers, I am going to put it in the truck tonight after he goes to bed. He is leaving at 4 a.m. so I won't see him leave. I am sure he and the guys that are going with him will appreciate the munchies.

The kids and I are going to go to the movies this weekend, and do some housework. Nothing major. I have some crafts that I want to complete this weekend and get them hung up on the wall.

Well, I better get some work done before class. I have another test on Friday and another one next Wed., so I will also be studying over the weekend.

BBIAB......
Old 02-12-2003, 10:54 AM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Hey Gals,

Well I did the same thing yesterday-started off good but was over by the end of the day! Argh. I'm stuck in this cycle right now. Part of my doens't care & part of me is frustrated. I think those two parts are doing battle all day long & by the end the not caring wins. Argh!

Angie, You are definately in my prayers. The Lord will do what's best. Tell us what the doctor say when you see one.

Kirsty, glad you dropped in. How long would you go down under? I would love to spend a long time there. I haven't been but lots of my friends have & they say its so wonderful.

Tonya, you v-day basket is sweet! As of yet we still can't decide what we're doing. Hopefully today will be the day to eat under our points the whole day!

Lori, how is your day going so far? I can totally relate. That's how I've been eating all week! ARGH! Time to take control.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:14 PM   #6  

Hi all-I am here lurking! Can i just say to Jess, I think the buffalo thing was gross...but your post about it made me smile because living in Massachusetts, we don't often have problems like that one!

Angie-Good luck...the good news is, you found out early, before the placenta was developed-so hopefully none of those meds made it to the baby...

Hi everyone else!!
Old 02-12-2003, 01:03 PM   #7  
Cockeyed Optimist

Angie - my thoughts are with you and your family during this time. Be sure to let us know what your Dr. says.

Hi Kirsty & Lori! Good to "see" you both.

I will join those of you who start the day well. I've been having a bagel with LF cream cheese and tomato's which is totally within my points. Unfortunately, I seem to be making poor choices the rest of the day. I'm not sure I'd know a fruit or a vegetable if it bit me. Yesterday CB told me that he's gained 10lbs since we started seeing each other and that he doesn't like the way his clothes fit. I was perversely happy about this because I've gained 12lbs and am unhappy about it. I'm hoping that this weekend I can talk to him about it and maybe get him to follow points with me until we both have lost this weight.

O.K. so what is everyone doing for Vday? Sounds like Tonya has plans for her DH. CB and I are going to the movies and agreed to exchange small gifts. I'm excited because I've always been single or dating a jerk who wouldn't celebrate Vday so at the ripe age of 29 I've never "done" Vday. I'm really looking forward to Friday!

Laura
Old 02-12-2003, 01:32 PM   #8  
Proud Canadian

Default Morning!

Hi everyone!
Girls night out last night, we saw How to Lose A Guy in 10 days. It was a great movie, very funny. We laughed a lot. So here I go today back on program (like everyday) cereal for breakfast, planned frozen lunch and sandwich for dinner cause I have to work tonight. I'm hopeful that I can stick to my planned snacks (1-pt bran muffins and apples) and then to start all over again tomorrow. That's how I have to do it, one day at a time. No V-Day plans for me, perhaps anti-V-Day plans to watch horror movies but I might just stay at home and study, that's important too.
Angie - I'm going to send you a PM
Lori - one day at a time and we'll all get it there eventually.
Kirsty - hello! I work with a new zealand native who says late January/early February is the best weather down under. Also a nice time for a holiday.
Tonya - you're so sweet to your DH. I hope he does something special for you.
Rina - New clique, slow and steady wins the race. We need more late in the day willpower.
Dr. Lori - How's everything coming along with you?
Laura - it's nice that you two have agreed beforehand how to celebrate V-day - now you can look forward to a nice night. What movie?

Alright, now back to work. I actually have something to do this morning. Have a great day all, I'll be back.
KT
Old 02-12-2003, 04:02 PM   #9  
Semi-Newbie Member

No time to really post...lots going on here at work. Just wanted to pop in and say HELLO to everyone.

Have done GREAT OP the past 2 weeks, and today is no different. Although, I woke up with a headache, then a fight with my boyfriend and tears following didn't help that. BUT -- I did NOT eat out of depression, like I have many times before. So that's GREAT! Headache went away for a few hours, and has just returned..blah!

No real plans for V-day...I think I'll make something really special for Timmy for dinner, rent a couple of movies and just love on each other? A friend of mine is getting married on that day and I REFUSE to go to the wedding. I think V-day is for every lover...and I honestly don't want to take the time away from my love for Timmy to go see them confess their love to each other or whatever. Now, don't get me wrong, I think that people getting married on V-day is beautiful and very special, but don't be asking everyone to come to the wedding. Make it a romantic wedding with just the two of you and some loved ones. I dunno...maybe I'm just being silly. Although, I must admit, that I got married on the 4th of July -- BUT that's not a lovers day... Oh well. We'll just sit at home and relax. No answering any phones or any knocks!

Angie -- you will definitely be uplifted in my prayers hon. Please keep us up-to-date. Definitely give a call to your Doc immediately.

Every one else, sorry I can't post individually, but work is calling!
Old 02-12-2003, 04:33 PM   #10  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

First of all I want to thank you all so much for your prayers for this baby. I blood test did come back positive....but the hcg level is only 17. I know that is extremely low so I am going back tomorrow and then monday to check to see if it doubles. IF I did indeed ovulate on the Friday and the test was taken yesterday I would have been 11dpo. 17 is too low right?
I do have some good news. They said that I have been off methotrexate just long enough that it would be out of my system and the Arava...we called mother risk together. Motherrisk said that Arava (the company) says 2 years because they are covering there behinds. They said that since I have been off of it since Christmas based on there studies they feel that my chances are not nearly as high to have a deformed child or miscarraige as if I was actually taking it. They said there is still a risk of course, but not a hugely high one. And they said they didn't think the elimination process was neccessary.

They spent over an hour talking with me and they were totally awesome! They made me feel so much better about the situation....except the low hcg levels.

Wow, could it be? Could we really be getting our miracle baby? Oh, I hope so!!

They want me to do all the follow up blood work and I have an appointment on Tuesday of next week and they want me to have an ultrasound in another 3 weeks. They also want me to have a scan to check for major deformations at 16 weeks, and then have testing done to check for tubal something??

I have not had ANY spotting since the middle of the night...when I wiped a very very slight light pink. Since then nothing...

BUT

I have an hcg of only 17. Does anyone know if there is an hcg chart that shows averages for dpo?

She also told me that my due date (if I don't miscarry) is October 25.

You are all such true friends, and I feel so blessed to have you in my life. I do ask that you continue to pray because even though mother risk told us they felt it was ok...I still can't help but worry after all that I have read online. I just ask that you keep baby and I in your prayers. Oh, and can I have some doubling vibes?

EDD#3 October 25 (God willing)
Old 02-12-2003, 04:47 PM   #11  
Semi-Newbie Member

Real quick Angie...found these websites concerning hcg levels. http://www.onna.org/information/hcg-levels.html
http://www.geocities.com/Wellesley/1483/hcg.html

Hope they help some!

Keeping my fingers crossed and keeping you and bambino in my prayers.... ((((huggs)))))

Last edited by Mandie; 02-12-2003 at 04:52 PM.
Old 02-12-2003, 05:03 PM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Angie, I don't know what the HCG number should be, but I think everyone varies. I have heard of people that don't test positive for 2 months because of low levels. I know you don't want to hear this and it is silly to think you will listen, but don't worry!! I am so close to having this baby and spent so much time worrying about everything. Now I am sick with the flu/horrid hacking cough and I am worrying. Tho last night when hubby said to see a doctor (which I didn't)... I did feel constant kicking from the little. Like he/she was telling me it is ok.

Definately see your doctor, get the tests, and put your mind at ease. And remember, things happen for a reason. If for some reason you lose this baby, don't automatically blame the drugs, maybe God just didn't think it was the right time!
Closed Thread