Old 11-24-2011, 09:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Default Going for my consultation on Saturday

Hi Everyone

I came upon this site while researching IP. My boyfriend's sister has had great success on this plan and another girl I know has lost 30 lbs on it as well. I only have about 25 lbs to lose, lost a bit on Weight Watchers but haven't been able to reach goal on their program. They allow too many carbs I think.

anyhow I saw what 's allowed on Phase I of the program and wanted to know if I could divide my protein between lunch and dinner? So say 3-4 ounches of chicken for lunch and 4 ounces of fish for dinner?

I'm anxious to find out more about the program, I know my coach will answer them for me but was hoping to go in with as much info as possible.

Also on average how much will it cost me to join plus food for the first week? do I HAVE to eat IP soups/foods (can I make my own veggie soup with the allowable vegetables instead for example?)

Also are you allowed eggs on phase I and if so can you have it for breakfast instead of the protein packets?

Thank you in advance.

Trinique

Last edited by Trinique125; 11-24-2011 at 09:21 PM.
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

The plan is VERY specific and VERY restrictive...which is what I LOVE about it! I have been on IP for 13 weeks and lost 34 pounds! I feel great and am so thankful that I hopped on the IP wagon!!!

So, there are many people on here who use alternatives as opposed to the actual IP foods, but they still follow the plan. The plan for Phase 1 is a packet for breakfast, a packet for lunch with 2 C veggies, 8 oz lean protein for dinner with 2 C veggies, and a last packet as a snack. I do switch my dinner meal to lunch quite often, so I am sure you could switch it for breakfast too. Eggs are allowed as part of your protein with your 1 "real" meal per day. My worry would be if you eat your "real" meal for breakfast, you will be craving something to CHEW by dinner time as many of the non-restricted IP foods are puddings, shakes, jello, and soups. I guess you may be able to eat a restricted food for dinner, but in my mind that is more carbs than you would want in the evening/night.

It is a WONDERFUL plan and I am absolutely loving it!!! I am 11 pounds from my goal and feel better than I have in a long time!!!

Good luck to you and keep bringing questions to this forum! There are so many people with so much experience that are always willing to hold your hand! We truly are doing this part of our life together...which is awesome on so many levels!!!

brandi
scpnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:14 PM   #3  

Oh...as far as the cost...I can't remember my initial fee...I think it was around $200 which included 7 days worth of packets, vitamins, a shaker bottle, and sea salt as well as the initial sign up fee and a pseudo doctors visit (he listened to my heart, took blood pressure, and talked about medical history).

The food on a weekly basis is between $81-$110 depending on if I buy 3 boxes of food or 4. It is pricey but I am saving a ton at the grocery store since I am only buying meat and veggies...
Old 11-24-2011, 10:25 PM   #4  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Good luck on Saturday. I'm in Alberta too. I love Ideal Protein and the benefits from the program. I have done the 3oz @ lunch and 4 oz @ supper. But I usually have the meat @ supper. I have lost close to 60 lbs on this program in 14 weeks. I have a good coach, but I found this site way more informative and helpful The cost for me is $27 per box and I get 4 boxes per week. And the start up fee was $250.
Junetwin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:03 PM   #5  

thanks so much for replying, I'm really looking forward to trying something new. I want so desperately to lose this weight.

congrats on your weight loss Brandi!! if I were to have eggs for breakfast does that mean I can't have meat/protein for supper? do you feel really hungry at times just having the protein packets? what are your favourite flavours?

Hi June, sounds like you're doing a great job. I am hoping my coach is good too. I live in ED and read some reviews about a girl close to Kingsway Mall. If you don't mind me asking, did you lose consistently having half your protein for lunch and dinner? I'm afraid the packets won't sustain me and I would be famished by dinner time if I don't have meat/fish for lunch with my veggies.
Old 11-25-2011, 12:09 AM   #6  

Trinique,

First off, thank you for the compliment! It has been an awesome journey! I am finally in the "healthy" range with my BMI and am wearing sizes that I haven't been able to wear in 4 years!!!

The one issue that I have NEVER had on this diet is feeling hungry. I am full all the time. There are times where I have little cravings for this or that, but it isn't a matter of being hungry...it is just my mind wanting what it can't have!!!

I was especially full in the beginning...to the point that it was sometimes tough to finish my dinner or the after dinner snack. My body has adjusted though and I am normally able to finish everything!

You are correct...if you have eggs for breakfast then you will do packets the rest of the day. Two eggs count as your protein meal for the day.

As for my favorite flavors...

Chocolate Shake - love love love this! I warm it and drink as hot chocolate. I have recently started putting a little coffee into it which makes it a healthy latte!!!

Crispy Cereal - I use this both as cereal as well as making it into pancakes

Dark Chocolate pudding - IF I add mint extract and warm it...it is like an Andes Mint hot chocolate

Those are really the only non-restricted foods I like. I used to like the cappuccino but as of late I cannot stand it!

Because of the cost, and I am a single mommy, I don't try a lot of new things as I have done that a couple of times and gotten stuck with nearly full boxes of food that I won't eat. :-(

As for the restricted (my coach didn't allow these until week 3):

Soy Puffs - all flavors but especially Peanut Butter and chocolate. I have these nearly every morning for breakfast.

Salt & Vinegar Ridges

All the bars are good but I rarely have them as they are higher in carbs

My typical day looks like this:

Breakfast: Soy Puffs (you get more peanut butter ones but the chocolate ones are bigger...think malted milk balls texture)

Hot tea

Lunch: Chocolate Shake and veggies - usually cucumbers as I am in a hurry

Maybe hot tea

Dinner: usually fish with veggies

Snack: Either cereal with cinnamon added (as cereal not the way I love it as pancakes - I only do that in the morning)...or Blueberry Cran Granata drink.

I know it doesn't sound exciting but I have learned a lot on here as to how to make things with little twists so we don't get bored!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
thanks so much for replying, I'm really looking forward to trying something new. I want so desperately to lose this weight.

congrats on your weight loss Brandi!! if I were to have eggs for breakfast does that mean I can't have meat/protein for supper? do you feel really hungry at times just having the protein packets? what are your favourite flavours?

Hi June, sounds like you're doing a great job. I am hoping my coach is good too. I live in ED and read some reviews about a girl close to Kingsway Mall. If you don't mind me asking, did you lose consistently having half your protein for lunch and dinner? I'm afraid the packets won't sustain me and I would be famished by dinner time if I don't have meat/fish for lunch with my veggies.
The thing is with this diet you are in ketosis so after the first few days you really won't be hungry anymore. Sometimes I have to force myself to eat because you do need to get in your 3 IP packets and your one meal on your own in each day. I can't remember ever a time in my life before IP when I had no desire to eat. This program is great, but you really do need to follow it 100 percent if you want it to be successful for you. Good luck!
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:41 AM   #8  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

After the first few days, the packets sustained me. Eating every 3-4 hrs works for me. I love this program and follow it 100%. My fav flavor is Vanilla. You'll see the foods they have there. The fine herb and cheese omlettes are good.
Great advice from scpnme
Junetwin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinique125 View Post
Hi Everyone

I came upon this site while researching IP. My boyfriend's sister has had great success on this plan and another girl I know has lost 30 lbs on it as well. I only have about 25 lbs to lose, lost a bit on Weight Watchers but haven't been able to reach goal on their program. They allow too many carbs I think.

anyhow I saw what 's allowed on Phase I of the program and wanted to know if I could divide my protein between lunch and dinner? So say 3-4 ounches of chicken for lunch and 4 ounces of fish for dinner?

I'm anxious to find out more about the program, I know my coach will answer them for me but was hoping to go in with as much info as possible.

Also on average how much will it cost me to join plus food for the first week? do I HAVE to eat IP soups/foods (can I make my own veggie soup with the allowable vegetables instead for example?)

Also are you allowed eggs on phase I and if so can you have it for breakfast instead of the protein packets?

Thank you in advance.

Trinique
Trinique - The first 3 to 4 days are the roughest as your body is going through a bit of a withdrawal from lack of carbs. Once you get past the first 3 to 4 days, it does get easier for the majority of people. It is a costly diet as i too am single and the price is about 90 - 100 dollars per week for the food. Initial start up includes vitamins, and supplements. I have been on this diet since the middle of June and have lost 55 lbs in 5 months. It does work and it is quite restrictive, so you have to make a mental committment to stay on plan. Good luck and this board is an invaluable tool for motivation and help in everything.
kelly1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:25 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 173/143/130

Height: 5'7'

Smile Thinking about IP.

Hello there!!
I have been a member of this site for awhile and not sure if I have ever posted anything. Im not even sure if I am doing this right. Anyway I have always just came to this site to read the fourms to get inpiration, tips, ideas etc. I decided it was time to write something. I have been thinking about IP and Ive been reading alot of reviews on different sites. I have tried LA weight loss in college and it worked good but I didnt have the schedule I have now. I work 7 days on 7 days off, I am only home every second week. So I am wondering how IP would fit. I stay in a camp in northerern Alberta. I have my own fridge and microwave and have access to all sorts of food. But the thing is alot of the food that is healthy is cooked in an unhealthy manner ex. steamed veggies usually have butter on them. But I do have access to raw veggies, hard boiled eggs, and proteins like fish chicken and beef (although I do not eat beef). I was planning on booking a consultation but I would like to hear what some of you think. Would this plan work with the schedule I have? Do the IP foods need to be cooked on a stove or is a microwave sufficient?

Thank you
dfend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfend View Post
Hello there!!
I have been a member of this site for awhile and not sure if I have ever posted anything. Im not even sure if I am doing this right. Anyway I have always just came to this site to read the fourms to get inpiration, tips, ideas etc. I decided it was time to write something. I have been thinking about IP and Ive been reading alot of reviews on different sites. I have tried LA weight loss in college and it worked good but I didnt have the schedule I have now. I work 7 days on 7 days off, I am only home every second week. So I am wondering how IP would fit. I stay in a camp in northerern Alberta. I have my own fridge and microwave and have access to all sorts of food. But the thing is alot of the food that is healthy is cooked in an unhealthy manner ex. steamed veggies usually have butter on them. But I do have access to raw veggies, hard boiled eggs, and proteins like fish chicken and beef (although I do not eat beef). I was planning on booking a consultation but I would like to hear what some of you think. Would this plan work with the schedule I have? Do the IP foods need to be cooked on a stove or is a microwave sufficient?

Thank you
I think it would work great in your situation. For the IP foods you don't really need a stove. They can be made in a microwave or a shaker (or blender). They are easily transportable. You can use frozen veggies if fresh aren't available.
As you are home every second week you will pick up two weeks of food at your clinic visits.
It's probably easier for you than eating regular food in your situation.
Good luck.
Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #12  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Hello there!!

Thank you
All of the IP foods is fixed with COLD water or ice water. Nothing is really "cooked" unless you get the soups, omletes or crepes/pancakes. You could do it on that schedule. There is someone else here who works in a remote area in Alaska maybe, I might be wrong. Maybe they will chime in and let you know how they do it
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 173/143/130

Height: 5'7'

Thanks for replying to my post ladies. I have made up my mind and I am going to go for a consultation. I am also from Edmonton! I was just wondering how much this program costs. I am not too too worried about the cost. But I would rather have an idea than be surprised when I get to the consultation.
Thank you!!
dfend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 12:21 AM   #14  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Thanks for replying to my post ladies. I have made up my mind and I am going to go for a consultation. I am also from Edmonton! I was just wondering how much this program costs. I am not too too worried about the cost. But I would rather have an idea than be surprised when I get to the consultation.
Thank you!!
From what others have posted lately it ranges from $250-$300 for the first visit then $90-$100 a week. Your first visit usually gives you 9 days worth of a variety of food, a shaker, salt and all of your vitiamns
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:45 AM   #15  

hi dfend, I am also from Edmonton and went for my consultation yesterday. I paid 243 (one week of food plus vitamins) I thought that was a reasonable price, the price was actually 228 but I bought an extra packet of food to try plus GST it came to 243. The clinic I went to sells the packets individually which is great, you can buy the ones you like, after my first week I will know which ones I hate and which ones I can tolerate.

Good luck. I hope it works for both of us