General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-24-2011, 02:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Any other TOPS members working toward their Triple Crown Incentive

TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly, a non-profit weight loss organization) is running what they're calling the Triple Crown Incentive

http://www.topspride.org/Wisconsin/T...nIncentive.pdf

To earn their triple crown pin, members must have a loss at each post-holiday weigh-in (for our chapter, the Tuesday after) Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.

I'm really excited about the incentive, and I think I can make it (unless TOM screws me up - because I can gain up to 8 lbs of water weight, even if I "do everything right," with my food plan).

I don't think next Tuesday's weigh-in will be a problem, because our only Thanksgiving plans are to have brunch with relatives at Denny's. It's not my favorite restaurant (which is a good thing) and I already scoped out the menu online. The only off-plan foods tempting me at all, are foods I NEVER order for breakfast (super sweet foods like the red velvet pancake puppies with cream cheese frosting for dipping).

Since I was a small kid, I never ate sweets for breakfast, because the wheat/sugar combination on an empty stomach has always made me very ill (I haven't had pancakes, french toast, donuts or even muffins for breakfast more than a handful of times in more than 35 years, and regretted it every single time). Now that I realize wheat aggravates some of my health issues, the choice is even easier.

The hard part is givng up on the stuffing. For the past several years, I've just eaten a serving or two of the stuffing at the Thanksgiving meal, and lived with the consequences (usually a red, dry, flaky, itchy rash on my face, hands, and sometimes feet for a couple days).

My plan is to either order a low-carb breakfast, or the turkey dinner with low-carb sides.

Christmas is going to be harder than Thanksgiving or New Years, because it's the bigger food holiday in hubby's family (and we won't be seeing my family for Christmas until mid-January).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote