Old 11-20-2011, 08:32 PM   #1  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

Default Is anyone else in the same boat as me?? Failed&failed over & over again???

Here we are 1 week (not even) before Thanksgiving and I am still extremely overweight. I promised myse3lf that 2011 was going to be my year to lose all my weight and that clearly didn't happen. I remember last Thanksgiving I didnt even go to my boyfriends moms house bc I wanted to "avoid temptation" & promised myself that THAT would be the last Thanksgiving I am big. & Here I am a year later & damm there the same weight I was last year.

I went through alot of personal issues this year that made it difficult to be successful but I kept trying over & over & never gave up. My problem would be I would start a diet(healthy lifestyle) do good for a week then mess up & the cycle went on & on all year.

I am so fed up with my weight controlling my life and I need to lose my weight before I go insane. I don't even want to go out anywhere bc I am so insecure with the way I look and feel that its turned me into a person that just stays home all the time and its starting to drive me nuts!!
I went food shopping yesterday, stocked up on all healthy foods and cleaned out my cabinets and fridge of junkfood and getting back in the gym tomorrow. I really feel like I will be successful this time but then I get scared bc of all the failures I've done and I don't want to fail again.

Im not worried about the holidays bc its just me & my bf who live together and I dont live by my family and were going to his moms for Thanksgiving and Christmas and I dont eat infront of people (bc I feel like they're just looking at me thinking that I am too fat to eat, yea its that bad)& my boyfriend already said hes not bringing any food into our house so Im not worried about the holidays.

The only thing I'm worried about is sticking to my plan and being successful once and for all. Im so terrified that I wil be overweight an unhealthy for the rest of my life and Im only in my 20's!

Has anyone else ever felt this way? Can anyone relate? Has something similar ever happen to you?

Thanks so much for reading and sorry if it seems like a rant and all over the place, i was typing so fast and typing everything that was coming to my mind.

thanks for reading
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:50 PM   #2  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

You're not the only one. I've lost and gained and failed for years but I won't give up. Just take baby steps. Dust yourself off and get back and keep going.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/237/170

Height: 5'9''

Been there, am there really. Losing weight is definitely a test of wills, I think constantly being fed up is part of the journey to making permanent changes. If you keep trying and pushing yourself, eventually it will stick!
RockemSockem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #4  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

It's only failure if you stop trying for good
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #5  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

DON'T PANIC

From your stats and your post, it looks like you've lost about 60 lbs. and kept it off for at least a year. That's not failure. That's quite an achievement, actually. Especially since you had to deal with a bunch of personal stuff. So go you!

I've been unsuccessful in keeping the weight off long-term all the previous times I've tried to lose. I don't always eat as well as I should or move as much as I should now, and it shows up on the scale and in how I feel. I tend to have long plateaus. A lot of people would probably consider those times failures. Sometimes I consider them failures, but I usually just think about them as being part of my weight loss journey that may not have moved me forward, but that I can usually learn from (mostly patience or what not to do). Most people probably go off-track or give up at one time or another - so you're not alone. I think that the key to getting past that is to keep on trying - which is what you've been doing. Have you been able to figure out why it's so hard for you to stay on-plan (emotional or food triggers, boredom, etc.)? Have you tried different strategies to help you out? If you've been actively seeking solutions (easier said than done, I know) and are patient, then you'll probably eventually hit on something that works for you. If you haven't, well - if you can, it might help get things moving again.

It sounds like your weight isn't controlling your life so much as your insecurity is controlling your life. Those are two separate issues. Insecurity isn't a weight issue. There are A LOT of "naturally" thin and "formerly fat" thin people who are insecure, and there are a number of fat people (including very fat people) who seem to feel very comfortable and confident in themselves. And, from what I've read on here and seen in real life, losing weight doesn't magically make feelings of insecurity or unworthiness go away. If you're tired of feeling insecure and self-conscious, then learning how to deal with those feelings might be a good thing to work on.

Last edited by theox; 11-20-2011 at 11:17 PM.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:29 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

Yeeeeeeep. Been there. That was me for the last 4 years until this past July. I had literally gained and lost the same 10lbs for 4 years. I always ALWAYS on a friggen diet but not getting anywhere.
Finally, "something" clicked and now that I've lost 30lbs I feel I've come way too far to let anything screw it up now!
You can do it!!
Take it one day at a time.. if you screw up one day.. just get right back on track tomorrow and blow it off. Baby steps!!
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:20 AM   #7  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

Thanks so much everyone! I have my plan laid out and I am ready to do it!
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote