Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 01:07 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Talking IP Daily Chat Friday 11/18/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-18-2011, 01:14 AM   #2  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Technically it's Friday where I am. I just finished making my meals so that I'm prepared for the weekend. Just need to focus on warming things up and enjoying them, yum yum. Have a great OP weekend everyone!!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:18 AM   #3  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Technically it's Friday where I am. I just finished making my meals so that I'm prepared for the weekend. Just need to focus on warming things up and enjoying them, yum yum. Have a great OP weekend everyone!!
Hey Congrats on the last WI, forgot to ask you today...Happy Scrapbooking!!
Old 11-18-2011, 01:33 AM   #4  
3 lbs at a time!

Quote:
Wednesday's WI? I called you right after, remember I almost hit a deer as it ran out in front of me on the highway.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:36 AM   #5  
3 lbs at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique06 View Post
Hey Congrats on the last WI, forgot to ask you today...Happy Scrapbooking!!
Oops meant to quote you ange, not myself. Lol. My answer is below this thread. That's what happens when I go on here on my iPhone.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7'

Happy Friday everyone! Today is my last day of work for a week! I love Thanksgiving week - my favorite time of year.

I already did all my food shopping for Thanksgiving. We are having all the traditional foods plus a few OP foods.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/140/142

Height: 5'7"

GOOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!
I reached my goal this week, surpassed it by two pounds actually. My numerical weight goal wasn't all that important to me though - the big things I wanted to do were: fit into my pre-baby skinny jeans and not groan when I see pictures of myself. And I have succeeded. So that makes 22 lbs since 9/21. I'm on phase 4 now and I've been feeling good. And my husband gets home from Afghanistan at some point this weekend, we haven't seen each other since July...I think he'll be pleasantly surprised.
Hope everyone has a great Friday!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Height: 5'2"

good morning all!!! Its a cold 35 degrees out but no need to worry its Louisiana so by monday we are in the 80's again... We have lots planned for the kiddos this weekend so it will be a busy one. I hope everyone has a great OP weekend and good luck to all the weigh ins coming up!!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:13 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmandAliMommy View Post
GOOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!
I reached my goal this week, surpassed it by two pounds actually. My numerical weight goal wasn't all that important to me though - the big things I wanted to do were: fit into my pre-baby skinny jeans and not groan when I see pictures of myself. And I have succeeded. So that makes 22 lbs since 9/21. I'm on phase 4 now and I've been feeling good. And my husband gets home from Afghanistan at some point this weekend, we haven't seen each other since July...I think he'll be pleasantly surprised.

congrats to you and how exciting that your husband is coming home - enjoy every moment !!!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default OH NO, I hope I didn't mess this up

Good Morning Everyone,
I made it thru day 3 at work. Didn't touch anything that was not OP. I haven't told hubby that I started this plan, I just wanted to surprise him with the weight loss. The reason for not tellin him is because I have been on so many diets and then failed. Well last night when I got home I started supperd. Cooked hamburgers and was wrapping min in lettuce when he got home and said Surprise, Happy Birthday.....he had gone to the Chinese restaurant and gotten me my favorite, Sesame Chicken and Vegtable Lo Mein. I stalled for about 20 minutes, cried a little cause I did not want to tell him that I could not have this for dinner and explain why. So finally I sat down at the table and I ate the steamed broccoli and then had about 6 little pieces of the chicken, I wrapped them in Romaine lettuce leaves and ate then that way. And then I was full. I did not touch the rice or the vegtable lo mein. I put the lo mein in the frig and gave the rest if the chicken and rice to my daughter for dinner. Then I went into the bedroom and cried for a bit because I felt so bad for eating that. I have never felt so guilty for eating something that I know I can't have. Please tell me that I have not really ruined all that I have done for the past couple of days.

On a good note, I have a NSV...I know that I have only been on this plan for 3 days, and this really surprised me. I have had to go by extenders for my bra's because they have gotten too tight. This morning I forgot to put the extender on it and it doesn't hurt.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:20 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Congratulaions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations, great job!!!!!! I cannot wait unitl I can say this.
Old 11-18-2011, 08:10 AM   #12  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Happy Friday. Looking foward to the weekend. Maybe play dress up @ home and take some pictures to share. Play outside in the snow with my chocolate labby, makes trails for her in the snow Have a great OP
weekend everyone
Old 11-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

Quote:
Have a great weekend scrapping, can't wait to see pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Happy Friday everyone! Today is my last day of work for a week! I love Thanksgiving week - my favorite time of year.

I already did all my food shopping for Thanksgiving. We are having all the traditional foods plus a few OP foods.

Have a great day everyone!
Enjoy your week off, awesome!

Quote:
GOOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!
Congratulations on hitting goal and your husband coming home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning Everyone,
I made it thru day 3 at work. Didn't touch anything that was not OP. I haven't told hubby that I started this plan, I just wanted to surprise him with the weight loss. The reason for not tellin him is because I have been on so many diets and then failed. Well last night when I got home I started supperd. Cooked hamburgers and was wrapping min in lettuce when he got home and said Surprise, Happy Birthday.....he had gone to the Chinese restaurant and gotten me my favorite, Sesame Chicken and Vegtable Lo Mein. I stalled for about 20 minutes, cried a little cause I did not want to tell him that I could not have this for dinner and explain why. So finally I sat down at the table and I ate the steamed broccoli and then had about 6 little pieces of the chicken, I wrapped them in Romaine lettuce leaves and ate then that way. And then I was full. I did not touch the rice or the vegtable lo mein. I put the lo mein in the frig and gave the rest if the chicken and rice to my daughter for dinner. Then I went into the bedroom and cried for a bit because I felt so bad for eating that. I have never felt so guilty for eating something that I know I can't have. Please tell me that I have not really ruined all that I have done for the past couple of days.

On a good note, I have a NSV...I know that I have only been on this plan for 3 days, and this really surprised me. I have had to go by extenders for my bra's because they have gotten too tight. This morning I forgot to put the extender on it and it doesn't hurt.
Brush off your guilt, grab a glass of water, and flush the lingering guilt away. Today is a new day, eat on plan, you know what to do. Congratulations on the NSV
Old 11-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Quote:
GOOOOOAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your goal, that is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludolphin View Post

Brush off your guilt, grab a glass of water, and flush the lingering guilt away. Today is a new day, eat on plan, you know what to do. Congratulations on the NSV
Great advice Blu. And congrats risi on the NSV!
Old 11-18-2011, 08:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 326.8/see sig/190

lost 3.8 pounds, last time I was around this weight was 2004
Closed Thread