Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:03 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 11/16/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-16-2011, 05:49 AM   #2  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Good Morning To All:

WI 5 yesterday down 4llbs with new total of 27lbs Told coach I know food will not be problem with family for Thanksgiving but I have to have a glass or two of Cristal. She warned that it will that three days to get back on track but after reading all the comments about slipping honestly I know it is a bad decision but family get togethers are such a happy time I think I deserve it too.. Really torn on my decision...

Hope all have good OP day....
Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Day Two

Good Morning Everyone!! Well I made it thru day one. No problems so far, except for my stomach growling. But I just grabbed the water bottle and drank it. I was so proud of myself yesterday, my boss brought back cheese biscuits from Rod Losbster yesterday afternoon, and when offered to me I turned them down with no problem at all. Hoepfully today will be just a easy as yesterday.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #4  
Started IP 10/13/11

S/C/G: 280/170/210

Height: 5' 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning Everyone!! Well I made it thru day one. No problems so far, except for my stomach growling. But I just grabbed the water bottle and drank it. I was so proud of myself yesterday, my boss brought back cheese biscuits from Rod Losbster yesterday afternoon, and when offered to me I turned them down with no problem at all. Hoepfully today will be just a easy as yesterday.
Those biscuits are to die for.. You really did good. This program is really working for me ( down 27lbs in five weeks) and I am sure it will be for you. I know day three and four were hard for me (had terrible heachaches) but after that it has been smooth sailing....
Old 11-16-2011, 07:11 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
Those biscuits are to die for.. You really did good. This program is really working for me ( down 27lbs in five weeks) and I am sure it will be for you. I know day three and four were hard for me (had terrible heachaches) but after that it has been smooth sailing....
Thank you. I thought it would be harder to say no, but it was no problem at all. I have a slight headahce now, but I don't know if it is due to this or the weather. I just took some Tylenol to try and stop it in its tracks. I'm just a little worried about Thanksgiving next week. Will I beable to turn down mom's green beans, rolls, cranberrysalad, etc.... I have been waiting so long for this and then out of the blue I decided to start this diet a week before.

I think I'm going to need a bunch of
Old 11-16-2011, 07:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 143/126.2/120

Height: 5'4"

Default Nervous

Morning everyone...... Well it looks like winter has arrivved here. It's freezing out. Looking forward to my weigh in this am. Also a little nervous though too. I have been 100% OP and expecting a good loss but I have felt the same way for the last 2 weigh ins and came away with just a 1 lb loss each week. Don't know what I am going to do if that is the case today. I really don't want to lose these last lbs one at time. Expensive! I did change things up a bit too. Cut back on my restricted once a day to every other day and doing more low carb shakes. Drinking more than 3 liters of water a day. I really FEEL like these changes helped so we'll see.... Just want to say again how much I love this forum! The amount of info is just amazing!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Dieter View Post
Good Morning To All:

WI 5 yesterday down 4llbs with new total of 27lbs Told coach I know food will not be problem with family for Thanksgiving but I have to have a glass or two of Cristal. She warned that it will that three days to get back on track but after reading all the comments about slipping honestly I know it is a bad decision but family get togethers are such a happy time I think I deserve it too.. Really torn on my decision...

Hope all have good OP day....
Really think about this hard...did you read my article about why we can't have alcohol on the program, if not I will post it again. I am going to quote you here "family get togethers are such a happy time" this should be enough to keep you from drinking. Enjoying your family does NOT mean you have to drink, it just a habit that has been formed for years. You would just not drink this year, next year you could. If they know you are dieting then they would understand that a few glasses would set you back for days. This is just my opinion, I am from the South Louisiana where we have so much food and drinks that if I said I deserve to have a few drinks I would not have been as successful in the 29 weeks as I have to have loss 101lbs....IF you don't set yourself back you will be that much closer to your goal. This is a NO cheat diet. There are reason for that!

Quote:
Thank you. I thought it would be harder to say no, but it was no problem at all. I have a slight headahce now, but I don't know if it is due to this or the weather. I just took some Tylenol to try and stop it in its tracks. I'm just a little worried about Thanksgiving next week. Will I beable to turn down mom's green beans, rolls, cranberrysalad, etc.... I have been waiting so long for this and then out of the blue I decided to start this diet a week before.

I think I'm going to need a bunch of
Have you tried the 1/2 tsp of sea salt and licked it off of the palm of your hand then drank some water? try that, its your body detoxing and your electrolites are low. Should be gone in about 15 mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliegirl View Post
Morning everyone...... Well it looks like winter has arrivved here. It's freezing out. Looking forward to my weigh in this am. Also a little nervous though too. I have been 100% OP and expecting a good loss but I have felt the same way for the last 2 weigh ins and came away with just a 1 lb loss each week. Don't know what I am going to do if that is the case today. I really don't want to lose these last lbs one at time. Expensive! I did change things up a bit too. Cut back on my restricted once a day to every other day and doing more low carb shakes. Drinking more than 3 liters of water a day. I really FEEL like these changes helped so we'll see.... Just want to say again how much I love this forum! The amount of info is just amazing!
You are very close to your goal, so I would not expect a big loss. The last 10lbs are the hardest to lose. We have had several poster that have loss less than a pound toward reaching goal....good luck....don't get discouraged it will come off.

Good morning all,
I have to WI this morning at 9, its cloudy here this morning, looking like rain. Hope everyone has a great day
Old 11-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning. Had a NSV this morning. Pulled out a button down dress shirt from the closet and I'm rockin' it at work today! I haven't fit into this shirt in 4 - 5 years I bet. My fiance' has never seen me at this low of a weight and it's been fun seeing his reaction to different outfits. WI#7 tomorrow. Scale really hasn't moved too much this week. The stress with the holidays, work and wedding is starting to build and I know that is going to hurt me some. Just keep plugging along! Have a great OP day!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post
Good morning. Had a NSV this morning. Pulled out a button down dress shirt from the closet and I'm rockin' it at work today! I haven't fit into this shirt in 4 - 5 years I bet. My fiance' has never seen me at this low of a weight and it's been fun seeing his reaction to different outfits. WI#7 tomorrow. Scale really hasn't moved too much this week. The stress with the holidays, work and wedding is starting to build and I know that is going to hurt me some. Just keep plugging along! Have a great OP day!
Congrats MissWinter....I had the same NSV last night. Pulled out a top I hadn't worn in years, tried it on and it is almost too big! My husband said I better where it now or it will be too big next week! So, I am wearing it today.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:59 AM   #10  
twotots

S/C/G: 221/197/147

Height: 5ft 4in.

Well done Rissimo. Take it one day at a time for now and before you know it you will be a couple of weeks into it. I have my wk 3 weigh in this evening, heres hoping it's a good one.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswinter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Congrats MissWinter....I had the same NSV last night. Pulled out a top I hadn't worn in years, tried it on and it is almost too big! My husband said I better where it now or it will be too big next week! So, I am wearing it today.

Congratulations....I cleaned out my closet last night and left some shirts that I would really like to wear, some I bought then gained and never got to wear them. Looking forward to being able to say this!!!!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMolly View Post
Whoo hoo! Love that feeling. Most of the clothes left in my closet are 16's which is what I'm getting into right now. After those get big, not sure what I'll do! Lots of safety pins and belts I guess! ha ha

Quote:
Congratulations....I cleaned out my closet last night and left some shirts that I would really like to wear, some I bought then gained and never got to wear them. Looking forward to being able to say this!!!!
You will get there! Your first week weight loss will be amazing - keep up the good work and stay OP!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #13  

I just bumped a clothing exchange thread. A lot of us are going through our clothes really quick so we started a clothing exchange. People have listed sizes and what they have so if you are interested in something someone has posted just send them a message and exchange addresses. DO NOT put your addresses on the thread...Lisa
Old 11-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning,

Feeling blah today...for the past week or so i've been having dull stomach pain and feel really bloated (and scale even went up a little), TOM isn't due for almost another 2 weeks so not sure what's going on but i hope it passes soon. I'm already drinking 5l a day so i can't drink more to try and get rid of this bloating.

Wayward - congratulations!

Jelly - I think you had a fantastic WI, i think you're the one that has been losing weight the fastest on this board.

Saw the clothing exchange and i have some but with living in Québec, i think shipping fees would be too much to make it worthwhile.

Have a great IP day everyone!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/161/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning all!!! Woke up with a sick child, tornado warnings, and pounding rain all at 1am. So needless to say its been a rough night - good news is I have my weigh in today and either this week or next I should make it to my first set goal which is entering the 100's again Not gonna get my hopes up today because it will probably be next week but a girl can hope.

congrats to everyone on the weight loss yesterday and good luck to those going today !!!!!!!

Hope everyone enjoys there day its gonna be another hot day here in the south.....
Closed Thread