Old 11-15-2011, 02:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 152/148.5/125

Height: 5"2'

Default Thinking of lowering my target daily points from 29 to 25

So, I've been on PP (online only) since mid September, and to date, I've only lost 8lbs. Yes, I know that is a pound a week, and that is healthy, but honestly, I've lost most of those pounds on weeks that I've been pretty under target with much less significant weight loss (if any!) during weeks that I eat all of my daily points and some weekly or activity.

A little background- I eat healthy. I always have. Nutrition was one of my minors in college, and I know a lot about it. I've never been a dessert eater, I love cooking, and always cook healthy- lots of veg, never processed foods, etc. What makes me gain weight is portions- so even though I'm eating a diverse, fresh diet, I know that I often eat too much. Which is why WWPP is really helping me. For example- being PP, I would eat .5 lbs of salmon for dinner. Now I know that 6 oz (or .38 lbs) is 9 PP, and I'll never eat a .5lb portion again.

Here's the problem though- I still eat a lot of veggies as snacks, and because they're 0, I end up with a lot of extra poins at night after dinner. What do I use those points for? Something I've never really done. Dessert. I'll have a WW ice cream or something like that to use up my extra points.

So, I'm thinking that if I just don't do that- sure, I may leave 4/5 points uneated a day, but I think the weight loss will speed up.

Sorry for the stream of conciousness here. Thoughts please?!?!?!
mcorbesato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:50 PM   #2  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

I had to lower my points some to in order to lose. I, like you eat healthy for the most part, I cook almost everything from scratch and avoid processed foods. I even exercise 6-7 days a week and was not losing. My issue has been medication and menopause LOL.

I am only down 12 from sept but it has helped when I lowered my points
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 189/136/healthy&happy

Height: 5'8"

I lowered my points too because I was eating so many vegetables and lean proteins. Like you, on the weeks when I ate my whole daily target and dipped into weeklies/activities, I had very little weight loss. My meeting leader said that as long as we're meeting our good health guidelines and not feeling hungry then it wasn't a big deal if our daily points don't always add up to 29.
Hikermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #4  

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #5  
Less of a Better Me

I talked to my leader about this issue a couple of weeks ago. She said that apparently they can now tell people who bring up the subject that they are allowed to lower their daily points but if you are at 29 points you can't lower below 26 points. If you attend meetings, talk to your leader about it. She said that I shouldn't go below 26 points because they don't people to get too hungry.

I have a feeling this is something that will probably become official when program tweaks come out in a few weeks, but don't know for sure.

Anyway, I would suggest lowering points to 26 and see what happens.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #6  

Thanks Koshka- i don't attend meetings so your advice is super helpful.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #7  
Dancing Maddie

S/C/G: 175/155/120

Height: 5'4''

I lowered my points to 26 as well and it has not been successful for me. I would say try it anyways because everyone is different! I dont feel like I am forcing myself to get my 29 points in- but def dont go below 26!

Last edited by Mabenda0; 11-18-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Mabenda0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #8  

If you are eating so many veggies and 0 point food that you can't eat your points, you are not doing the plan properly.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #9  
LOSING THE BABY WEIGHT!!

S/C/G: 276.2/273/160

Height: 5'8"

im having the same problem.... so this week instead of "free fruit" ive actually counted my fruit in part of my daily tracker....ie..if i eat a banana, i weight it, then use my calculator to determine the points.... so most days i eat a 4 oz banana which is 3 points.... i have to use 43 pp a day, and i find i can't eat that without aimlessly snacking just to get points in at night.... which is a bad habbit!! So i go to weight watchers tomorrow morning for my weigh in, so im curious to see if this has helped!
josiesmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 132/132/125

Height: 5'5"

So glad you brought this subject up....I haven't lost weight on the pp plan - couldn't adjust to the 29 points...Will adjust to 26 and see if this makes a difference...of course - I have to try over the Thanksgiving Holiday but maybe that will give me additional incentive to stay on plan ....Here's to a successful week for all!!!
Iluvfudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:40 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 220/204/125

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
If you are eating so many veggies and 0 point food that you can't eat your points, you are not doing the plan properly.
Can you explain this? I've kind of heard it mentioned but never saw the "why". I eat vegetarian days at a time and that makes getting in points hard. I also heard that if you eat more than one serving of fruits or veggies it doesn't count as 0 points? thanks
luvinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Try tracking your calories on something like Sparkpeople or DailyPlate to see what you are taking in in calories. 26 might be too low, or it might be just right.

You could add a spoonful of almond butter at the end of the day instead of nutritionally void ice cream. You could raise the fat % of your dairy products. Easy ways to get a few extra points a day.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote