Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 07:39 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Monday, Monday (back to the grind)

Hey girls! So I know I haven't posting lately. I really think that it was because I knew I wasn't staying OP and I didn't want to subject myself to reading how other people were finding success because I knew that I wouldn't. Well, WI came Thursday night. I had .8 to lose and make it to lifetime. I gained 2.8 pounds. BUT, it made me see the light, so to speak, and I have been OP ever since. I feel so much better about myself.

Laura - I also work 2 jobs and have accepted the fact that I don't have time to exercise. It just makes me watch my point even more.

I'll check in again later....have a great day!
Old 02-10-2003, 08:10 AM   #2  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning Lori!

You know sometimes I think it takes a bit of a reality check (ie. seeing the numbers go up) to whip us back into shape. I am REALLY proud of you for not letting it get totally out of control and gaining back a LOT more. You recognized the problem, caught it early, and hoped right back on the wagon. You go girl!!!

This weekend was VERY slow. I had to work on Saturday and the day just dragged on and on. Finally when I got off, I came home and just watched a movie with dh which was a nice relaxing night. Sunday we went to church, came home and did some scrapbooking in the afternoon. Another relaxing day. Today I have the day off but I plan to hit the laundry piles and tidy up around the house a bit.

Hi to everyone who is lurking....come out and post!

I'll check back every now and then through out the day. Have a great OP day.

Angie

P.S I now officially weigh LESS then dh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 08:28 AM   #3  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Oh Angie...we did 8 loads of laundry yesterday! Had to wash all the bedding on top of the 4 loads of laundry we normally do...its all because I have to wear LAYERS now becuase its so cold!

We got 10" of snow Friday and another 3-6" is forecasted for today.

I want summer.
Old 02-10-2003, 09:23 AM   #4  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Well, I've got my first load on and in a few minutes I am going to go thru my dd's toy box and try to reorganize a bit.

I SO hear you on the wanting the summer thing. I HATE winter and am SO excited for it to be summer. We are getting AC this year too which will be awesome! It gets so hot and humid here in the summer. Geez, I'm never happy....too hot, too cold...etc.

Anyway, off to organize...

Where is everyone?! Come out, come out wherever you are
Old 02-10-2003, 12:01 PM   #5  
Proud Canadian

wow, it's so slow this morning. I had a busy weekend. I worked at the Toby Keith concert on Friday night and didn't get one call so I just watched the entire concert. Then I got called into work a junior league hockey game on saturday night (two band-aids and a really drunk 17 year old) and spent yesterday trying to finish chapter 18 (its a really long chapter) So on to today. My boss is back so I'll have some work to do and my wrist is feeling somewhat better so I'll be able to type up the minutes from last week.
Lori - you'll make that lifetime in no time. I wonder how many calories we could all burn if we did our laundry by hand?
Angie - sounds like you had a nice weekend. It's always good to have a chance to relax.

OK - off to do some typing. I'll check back.
KT
Old 02-10-2003, 02:18 PM   #6  
Running Babe

I visited my roomate this weekend, he's doing loads better so I am happy to see that. He's getting the staples out of his head today (he says he's going to Home Depot to get that done).

I am busy wracking my brain over something that happened yesterday. I'm just not sure what to say or what to do.

Anyhoo, hey everyone, I hope everyone is doing well!

Take Care!

Ali
Old 02-10-2003, 03:46 PM   #7  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Chicas.

Ali, is everything ok? Let us know when you figure out how to say it ...hope it's all right.

KT, you sure had a busy weekend. I'm glad you got to see the whole concernt. Was the 17 year old entertainingly drunk, or sloppy enough to be a pain to deal with?

Angie and Lori, I want summer too! Minne"snow"da hasn't really lived up to its nickname this year, but it's -17 degrees today, and I had to take a baby out in it!!! I warmed up the van for half an hour this morning and when we came home this afternoon before I felt right putting little Aaron in it.

This weekend was interesting. Went to a stamping workshon on Saturday. 3 hours and 11 projects -- it was like heroin!!!! Not that I know what heroin is like... Sat night was Hubby's annual Christmas party (always in February so the holiday rush is over). That was interesting, to say the least. Lots of drunk people dancing in skirts that were too tight, and all the men were auctioning off their ties. Hmmm.... Tomorrow I start a week off of work for our winter break, so Aaron and I are heading to see the new house my parents moved into. It's in Whitewater, WI, for those who live in the holy land ` . I'm sure looking forward to having some time off. Drew is in California this week for work, so it's nice that I am not alone with Aaron 24/7.

I'll check in if I can during the week, but my parents have no internet access yet,a nd not sure when they are getting it. SO most likely I'll get back to y'all next week. Have a good one!!!
Old 02-10-2003, 03:58 PM   #8  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hidey Ho!

Is that how you spell it? Is it Hidey ho? Or should it be hide-eeee hoe? I don't know...

Anyway, it's been quiet around here. Now that I'm posting, there probably won't be another one--it seems like that's been the trend lately. Is it just me?

Well, I had a nice weekend. Friday, Aaron and I had Calico Chicken Chowder (from the recipe thread). It was wonderful. If you've never made it before, I highly suggest it, it's fabulous. We rented three movies and watched them all. Saturday morning, I had to work at my second job, then Aaron and I re-watched our videos while I stamped. Saturday night, we went to a bar in Omaha to see an Irish band that I really like. Yesterday I had a demo, which didn't go very well. I just couldn't get it together. But, I'm still new and still learning. Hopefully things will go better in the future.

I kind of ate more than I wanted to this weekend, and thought that I totally blew it, but I just entered everything I ate on WW eTools and am only over by 1 point for this week. I sure hope I'm down tomorrow at WI.

I had physical therapy today and my therapist told me that she doesn't feel that I'm making as much progress as I should be and that she's going to talk with my doctor and maybe discuss breast reduction surgery. I watched that show on MTV about that girl and they showed the surgery which totally grossed me out, but even the icky surgery would beat the heck out of the back pain all the time.

Lori--I totally hear you about the two jobs. I work a full time job, a part time job, volunteer on Thursday nights, and do my business. I never have time for anything, I just have to do the best I can as far as planning and exercise... That's about all you can do. And if you want summer, you can send all that snow here (just don't tell anyone here that I asked for it).

Angie--I am so jealous of your long weekend. My weekends never go slow, no matter how I wish they would. A short weekend just makes it that much harder to come back to work.

KT--Hello!!

Ali--Yikes, I must have missed the post about what happened to your roommate, but I'm glad to hear that he's doing so much better. Can we offer any input about yesterday's event that's leaving you so stumped? Just let me know, I'll probably check back before I leave.

I better get a little more work done. I'll talk to you ladies soon!!
Old 02-10-2003, 04:36 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Back from lunch. I think it's going to be a long afternoon and I'm already tired. At least I don't have a meeting to put me to sleep.
Jayne - She was throwing up on a couple of patrons and felt better once she got outside. She was mostly just embarassed.
Jess - one point over is not bad at all, I must take a look at that recipie.
KT
Old 02-10-2003, 04:49 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Girls Strange things are afoot lately both very good and very bad
the Very good was we did dinner with bfs family and sunday he mentioned something that could occur after we were married!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was rendered speechless in the bbq place
Also On the Good side Over the last 3 weeks I've been reconsidering the whole WLS thing and i decided I would make one final Good Strong effort to lose with changing my eating habits and exercising
Well Its a good thing i decided that b/c I just talked to my mom and she's lost her job soo going to the land of no insurance again but as always we'll survive.
I can't really talk right nwo just a tad upset but I'm not turning to food
and as the evil martha would say Thats a good thing
Old 02-10-2003, 05:37 PM   #11  
Running Babe

Jess/Jayne: Check your PMs.

Jess: My roomate got hit by a car a week or so back while walking home. He had a blood clot on his brain, but had that removed and is doing much better!

Take care!

Ali
Closed Thread