General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Donating Bras?

Hi all, I have been MIA for a little bit, hope everyone is doing well.

I am wondering if anyone has a women's orginization that will take donated bras. I have some barley worn that need a good home since they no longer fit and I hate to throw them out (big girl support bras are expencive)

Does anyone know where I can send them?

thanks for the help!
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #2  

Maybe the local women's shelter? Or missions that help the homeless. Salvation Army?
Rainbowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

You can call thrift stores and ask. Some do accept lingerie, and some don't. Some only accept certain kinds of lingerie.

I sell my used bras (if they're in super good shape) in a local consigment shop. This store in particular will only accept swimsuits, panties and panty hose/stockings if they've never been worn and are still tagged with the original price tag (or in the case of pantyhose, still in the original package).

They will accept slips and bras in gently used condition.

Local charity thrift stores are a little pickier, but most do accept bras in good condition (this can vary region to region, so you may want to call first).
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:51 AM   #4  

Sell them on Ebay. People fluctuate so much in weight and, as you say, big girl support bras are expensive. I have bought them from Ebay with no reluctance at all.

If you feel uncomfortable about selling second hand wear, no matter how little worn, then donate the proceeds to a charity of your choice and state this in the item description so people know. It helps them, and the charity to know that something good is happening.
Sinoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #5  

I think donating them is a good idea. They are expensive to buy and if it helps someone feel good to get a nice bra, then go for it. It is one of those things that people don't think about as a necessarity.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote