Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 11/11/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-11-2011, 01:47 AM   #2  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Wuv, I just read about your shopping experience. Amazing!!! Going down in sizes is so exciting and for the price you're getting your clothes for wow. When I was in 1x I couldn't get anything for less than 30-40$. Have fun shopping this weekend.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:01 AM   #3  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone... I just wanted to see how many of you have been told you will do phase 2 at 20 pounds to go?

I keep seeing a lot of people are going to phase 2 with 20-30 pounds to go.
My coaches stay in phase 1 until 95% of your goal, I actually plan on staying on phase 1 until 205.
I do figure I will end up dropping below 200 while phasing off, but it was my decision to stop at 205. I think they were just caught off guard and didn't really think I would drop 92 pounds, all I know is I have 20 to go and no one has mentioned phase 2 to me at all.

And Linden, not sure what you consider old but i am no spring chicken, I know my pictures have me with my 8 month old, but I do have an 18 year old too
I will actually be 39 next month, so while I am younger than some but not that young.

I do have to say I know I am not going to make my goal by Dec. 5th which was my original date, and I changed it to Christmas, I think I will just shoot for my birthday which is the 21st.
I should be able to make it by then.

Everyone stay positive, and stay OP.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:29 AM   #4  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Hey wayward. According to my coach's sheet I have 16 lbs to go and she wanted to put me on phase 2 next week. I would have had no problem with that except I'm traveling again soon and won't have access to the outside world (in boardroom all day m-f) during that week as we're going to be planning for 2012.

Good luck by the way, I see we have about the same amount to go. I'd compete with you but you're a man and you guys lose faster than us woman lol.
Old 11-11-2011, 06:39 AM   #5  

Default Thoughts about being an IP coach!

Hey Wuv,
I was talking to my coach about you last night. She is actually a very close friend of mine. I'm in the Tampa Bay Area so there are tons of IP places, I'm sure. My coach used to be a full time massage therapist and she gradually got really busy with her IP business and now only does massages 1 day per week. I would be happy to ask her any questions for you about getting started to do this. I think you would just be an incredible coach for IP. Sounds like there would be a tremendous opportunity in your area. Have you ever thought about partnering with a Chiropractor in your area? That seems to be where a lot of people start. I know my friend would be happy to talk with you about the costs etc to get started. She has been doing this for many years and is a very encouraging person just like you!
All the best!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Wayward, you are doing great! I continued to lose in ph2, but I was never a "big" loser, other than week 1 and 1 other week.

Official WI today and am down 1 lb in phase III! I can't believe anyone could gain in Phase 3 as I figured out the calories and it is still a deficit. Anyhoo, I am a happy girl. Going shopping today (Holiday with girlfriends in Rochester. Need to buy some smaller clothes, not too many though. lol
Old 11-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

I HIT ONDERLAND THIS MORNING!!!! Not to be to vulgar, but i hadnt gone to the bathroom in 2 days, and that finally got "fixed" last night. So when i stepped on the scale this morning, i was 199.8. Not much of a difference weight wise from yesterday, but i will take it!! I teared up this morning, as i havent been below 200 in 15 years at least. Thanks so much to all my IP buddies for your support over the last few weeks as i have been so impatient in wanting to hit onderland. I am so incredibly happy and so proud of myself.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:28 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Kelly,

That is just Wonderful, Congrats!

I just noticed I hit 35 lbs lost, after I changed my WI today This is just awesome!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

WI#6 last night and down 4.4!!!! I WI in the evenings at my clinic but at home, I'm well into the 2'teens and I'm loving it! I started out wearing size 20 and as I mentioned yesterday, don't really have many 18's for some reason. This morning I tried on my 16 work pants and they fit perfect!!!! Not tight, snug, just perfect! I almost teared up! I'm so excited and so happy with the progress. I know my body will hold onto the weight during TOM but then it keeps coming right off after that. My coach said I'm a total rock star! This program was the perfect fit for me and I'm so glad I found this support board. You all are great!

Wayward - At my clinic, they move you into phase 2 once you've lost 90% of the weight you wanted to lose. Then you typically stay in phase 2 until 95%, phase 3 until 100% and then phase 4. It's so weird to me that each place does things so differently!

kelly1962 - Congratulations! What a feeling. I can't wait to join you there! I will be bawling my eyes out for sure when I hit that milestone.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

TGIF everyone, looking forward to the week-end!

Made myself some cabbage rolls yesterday so i made 6, each with 4oz beef so that will give me 3 meals

wayward, you're really doing amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post
I HIT ONDERLAND THIS MORNING!!!! Not to be to vulgar, but i hadnt gone to the bathroom in 2 days, and that finally got "fixed" last night. So when i stepped on the scale this morning, i was 199.8. Not much of a difference weight wise from yesterday, but i will take it!! I teared up this morning, as i havent been below 200 in 15 years at least. Thanks so much to all my IP buddies for your support over the last few weeks as i have been so impatient in wanting to hit onderland. I am so incredibly happy and so proud of myself.
Congratulations!!! I long for the day that i will be in onederland!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I just noticed I hit 35 lbs lost, after I changed my WI today This is just awesome!
Congrats Bella, you're doing excellent
Old 11-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #11  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning everyone! Congrats to everyone on their losses this week. I'm not having an official WI this week because one of my coaches is having some pregnancy issues so I was rescheduled for Monday. I think I am finally over strep throat. It's been a really tough week for me. I've had trouble, not getting all of my food and water in. I'm not sure how that will translate to the scale, maybe not well, but I'm back in the swing of things today, now that I can actually swallow again. Looking forward to getting back into my groove! I guess I will enter a zero in the spreadsheet for this week since I'm not doing a WI. I still refuse to get the scale out of my shed, so that will just have to do, lol! Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:08 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward View Post
Good morning everyone... I just wanted to see how many of you have been told you will do phase 2 at 20 pounds to go?

I keep seeing a lot of people are going to phase 2 with 20-30 pounds to go.
My coaches stay in phase 1 until 95% of your goal, I actually plan on staying on phase 1 until 205.
I do figure I will end up dropping below 200 while phasing off, but it was my decision to stop at 205. I think they were just caught off guard and didn't really think I would drop 92 pounds, all I know is I have 20 to go and no one has mentioned phase 2 to me at all.

And Linden, not sure what you consider old but i am no spring chicken, I know my pictures have me with my 8 month old, but I do have an 18 year old too
I will actually be 39 next month, so while I am younger than some but not that young.

I do have to say I know I am not going to make my goal by Dec. 5th which was my original date, and I changed it to Christmas, I think I will just shoot for my birthday which is the 21st.
I should be able to make it by then.

Everyone stay positive, and stay OP.
I was told you start phase 2 when you are at 90% of your weightloss. I actually think I am starting phase 2 today. I'm a little nervous about it because I am just so comfortable being on phase 1 and I so don't want to gain any weight back. I have been losing weight for about 2 1/2 years and have been on 3 different diets. By far this is the best one. All in all I have lost 131 pounds but I lost the quickest on this one. I think (actually I pretty much know) I will never go back to the way I was before -- I am loving the new me.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:18 AM   #13  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Happy 11-11-11
I would like to become a coach as well. I see my coach on Tuesday. I wieghed 161 lbs first thing this morning, Sheesh I have not seen that for 15 years
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleChantFan View Post
Hey Wuv,
I was talking to my coach about you last night. She is actually a very close friend of mine. I'm in the Tampa Bay Area so there are tons of IP places, I'm sure. My coach used to be a full time massage therapist and she gradually got really busy with her IP business and now only does massages 1 day per week. I would be happy to ask her any questions for you about getting started to do this. I think you would just be an incredible coach for IP. Sounds like there would be a tremendous opportunity in your area. Have you ever thought about partnering with a Chiropractor in your area? That seems to be where a lot of people start. I know my friend would be happy to talk with you about the costs etc to get started. She has been doing this for many years and is a very encouraging person just like you!
All the best!
I am in Tampa too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1962 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkthin135 View Post
I was told you start phase 2 when you are at 90% of your weightloss. I actually think I am starting phase 2 today. I'm a little nervous about it because I am just so comfortable being on phase 1 and I so don't want to gain any weight back. I have been losing weight for about 2 1/2 years and have been on 3 different diets. By far this is the best one. All in all I have lost 131 pounds but I lost the quickest on this one. I think (actually I pretty much know) I will never go back to the way I was before -- I am loving the new me.
Don't be nervous, enjoy it. the only thing that changes is a chicken breast at lunch instead of a chocolate pudding
Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning and Happy Weekend to my fellow IPers. Congrats to everone on their losses and fitting into those smaller sizes. As always, thanks to everyone for your ongoing support and advice. I really miss the site on the weekends because I don't have internet at home right now. Have a great OP weekend!
Closed Thread