Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-06-2011, 03:11 AM   #1  
MariaGrazia

S/C/G: 163/149/125

Height: 5.4

Default too coward to weigh

Today is the end of my third binge-free week. Yes, i've been dieting and excercising and havent binged for three weeks. i'd thought to weigh and see how i am doing but.... I've just found out I can't! my fear is that if i get disappointed i end up binging... and if i am satisfed i would binge as a sort of reward. I feel really weak today: it's raining cats and dogs outside so i dont feel like going for a walk, and being alone in the house does not help;its going to be a long boring day, and i feel dangerously at risk.
I let my cowardice have its way with me. i wont weigh.

BTW, it's 9 am here, so good morning everyone!
magraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/163/?

Height: 5' 10"

Stay strong...
Read some inspirational stories on this site. Do some floor exercises or stretching. Look up some low cal recipes and try one. Try on clothes that you want to fit into.

Just remember you've come this far, stuck to it and you'll get where you want to be.
You can do it...
tlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238.5/?/no more scale 4 me!

Height: 5ft 4 (on a good day!)

this is why i avoid the scale...no matter what it says i always wind up disappointed. i'd not weigh and just keep building on ur progress. congrats on ur 3 weeks...keep going!!!
bellastarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #4  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

First of all, congratulations on staying on plan and not binging for 3 weeks. That is a great accompishment.

There are no rules saying you have to weigh yourself while eating better and exercising. Some people weigh daily, some weekly, some monthly and some not at all.

The quesion is, how do you feel? Are your clothes looser? Is it easier to get out of bed or a chair? Do you have a little more energy?

As for exercise, you can always workout at home. If you like to walk outside, you might enjoy Leslie Sansone's walking dvds. I started working out with those and they're great.

It is raining here, too, in sunny California. I love it! ♥ Everyone is sleeping here and the house is so quiet. Perfect ME time. ツ

Please don't feel you have to weigh yourself, especially if you feel it could lead to a binge. Don't let that darn scale dictate your life. You are worth more than that.

Ciao bella!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #5  
MariaGrazia

S/C/G: 163/149/125

Height: 5.4

tlash, bellastar, sandcar... GRAZIE ! thank you for you support.
i spent my day listening to music and reading, getting a bit of work ready for tomorrow and ironing. and i cooked myself a pumpkin soup which came out delicious. and i read the forum.

and to sand i say.... honestly I don't know.
I've been wearing clothes with elastic waist for so many months now; and yes, i have a lot of energy, but in that sense i feel much better now that i am overweight than 9 months ago (i weighed 33lbs less but was a heavy smoker).

so, as i mentioned the things i have done... i also share the things i haven't done.
I haven't weighed - I haven't binged.
so far at least, but i feel emotionally stronger than this morning so i assume the worst has gone.

thanks again to everybody. ciao belle !
magraba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #6  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Well, that is a terrific step in the right direction! Keep it up, magraba.

I've been on plan for almost 3 1/2 months and there have been plenty of difficult days for me during that time (lots of tears shed), but I usually find that within a day or so my days get better. I think this is true for most everyone.

Like the saying goes...just take it one day at a time. That's all we can really do. But those days add up quickly. A few months or even a year from now you are going to look back on your journey and say, "Wow, that didn't take as long as I thought it would!"

Last edited by sandcar150; 11-06-2011 at 01:04 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote