Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 01:14 AM   #1  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Default For those on IP

Often I read a reply to a message and think the person replying doesn't know the first thing about being on the IP diet, then I realize they probably don't have a clue what forum they are posting on and they are not IPers.

So I thought it would be helpful for all the IPers if we would either add the "Started IP on..." in our Custom User Title or in a signature. I felt this would help other, newer IP members to know the advice they are getting is from another IPer and not someone following another diet that might conflict with the IP protocols.

Just a thought, might have been discussed before too.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Great idea, I put "IP Maintaining" and the date I hit that stage - I find it useful to know what phase people are in (if not phase 1)
Old 11-03-2011, 02:31 PM   #3  
Started IP Oct 11, 2011

S/C/G: 338/289/225

Height: 6'3"

Good idea. Updating my profile now.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #4  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I have always had mine say that... only because I thought the junior or senior member was kinda cheesy! :0)
Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #5  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Great idea ! I always wonder when did any member start being on IP while I look at their progress.

I just added mine, I hope it will show. (if not I will try again)
Old 11-03-2011, 02:56 PM   #6  
Restart March 2013

S/C/G: 209.7/205.4/150

Height: 5'9"

I think that's a great idea...
Old 11-03-2011, 03:07 PM   #7  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

I agree Y Guy and Wuv, I think this will be very helpful for everyone. I had my start date on mine when I started so I could remember the date for myself. I just tried adding "using IP products only" to the line to show it was only IP products I was using, but it wouldn't post it.I thought this might be helpful too.

Last edited by grannyto2bear; 11-03-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: didn't edit hit wrong button
Old 11-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #8  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Another Suggestion......I think those using Alternatives should put started A or ALT then the date because honestly they are NOT doing IP even though they are following the protocol
Thanks Wuv, great idea. That is what I was trying to do by adding the "using IP only" to show the difference between the ones using only IP products and the ALT users but I couldn't get it to add that to the profile.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:53 PM   #9  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011

Good idea. I just updated mine too.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Default test

This is a test to see if it shows up in my signature
Old 11-03-2011, 04:09 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
I agree Y Guy and Wuv, I think this will be very helpful for everyone. I had my start date on mine when I started so I could remember the date for myself. I just tried adding "using IP products only" to the line to show it was only IP products I was using, but it wouldn't post it.I thought this might be helpful too.
For those of us that have been here (and posted enough) for signatures, it allows more space if you post it in your signature section
Old 11-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #12  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

I'm a little disturbed by the tenor of some of the posts here. Case in point: I used IP packets exclusively AND the IP supplements (which are FAR superior to any substitute) for 6 months, including an almost 3 month stall. This was the old program. No restricted, 5 oz meat, etc.

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to buy IP products on two trips back to the states. Once the IP people didn't answer my e-mails, e-mails plural. Once they sent me 2 names of coaches who were within 200 miles of where I would be. Neither was willing to sell me the product, one didn't answer the other would only accept me as a "new client" and weekly-participating client -- even though I was willing to spend about $1,000 dollars to get enough product to take back to Germany to try again. And that's just my personal experience. Others have had far worse from some of their IP coaches. Nonetheless, I truly believe in the program. And I have seen over and over again that the science works IF one follows the program.

Now, my real concern. This forum has always been welcoming and supportive; has been inclusive rather than segregating. While I have over and over again told people to use the IP products because I'm convinced that they are superior to anything else unless it is identical, superior in taste and, particularly, amino acids, I would be extremely uncomfortable excluding (or labelling) someone who doesn't use them. And, I might add, it dissolves better than other products; much better. (I wish to heaven I could get them. I wrote Steven's people in Finland to see if they would ship but they're still in trial mode.)

Regardless of my appreciation of the IP products , though, I am not prepared to make others, or myself, second class citizens if they, or I, follow the plan faithfully but use alternatives.

I sincerely hope some of you will re-think your, perhaps hasty, opinion.

I think Y Guy's initial suggestion was helpful and I dutifully added the relevant information without making a big deal of it. I will not, however, go back and revise it to say I am using alternatives because that, in no way, reflects my experience with the program or knowledge of it.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:16 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
I'm a little disturbed by the tenor of some of the posts here. Case in point: I used IP packets exclusively AND the IP supplements (which are FAR superior to any substitute) for 6 months, including an almost 3 month stall. This was the old program. No restricted, 5 oz meat, etc.

I have tried, unsuccessfully, to buy IP products on two trips back to the states. Once the IP people didn't answer my e-mails, e-mails plural. Once they sent me 2 names of coaches who were within 200 miles of where I would be. Neither was willing to sell me the product, one didn't answer the other would only accept me as a "new client" and weekly-participating client -- even though I was willing to spend about $1,000 dollars to get enough product to take back to Germany to try again. And that's just my personal experience. Others have had far worse from some of their IP coaches. Nonetheless, I truly believe in the program. And I have seen over and over again that the science works IF one follows the program.

Now, my real concern. This forum has always been welcoming and supportive; has been inclusive rather than segregating. While I have over and over again told people to use the IP products because I'm convinced that they are superior to anything else unless it is identical, superior in taste and, particularly, amino acids, I would be extremely uncomfortable excluding (or labelling) someone who doesn't use them. And, I might add, it dissolves better than other products; much better. (I wish to heaven I could get them. I wrote Steven's people in Finland to see if they would ship but they're still in trial mode.)

Regardless of my appreciation of the IP products , though, I am not prepared to make others, or myself, second class citizens if they, or I, follow the plan faithfully but use alternatives.

I think Y Guy's initial suggestion was helpful and I dutifully added the relevant information without making a big deal of it. I will not, however, go back and revise it to say I am using alternatives because that, in no way, reflects my experience with the program or knowledge of it.
I agree with this Linden the bigger question in terms of answering others' questions is whether people are following the plan or modifying it during the weight loss stages.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #14  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Glad others agreed, tough on a forum like this where there are so many others doing different methods and all are great.

I like the alt idea too, but those doing IP for a while know what is off and on plan, that is my biggest concern so our newer members don't get misinformation on accident and eat something that isn't on plan.

Last edited by Y Guy; 11-03-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #15  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post

Ditto! I was thinking it, I'm glad someone else said it. I only used IP products for three weeks. They made me physically ill. I moved to alternate products at the suggestion of my coach. I still have experience with the program and following proper protocol. Labeling myself as an ALT user and not a purist IP'er just hurts.
Closed Thread