Old 11-01-2011, 09:47 AM   #1  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Cool Trying to resist shouting out my weight loss

Ok, maybe I'm a crazy person, who knows? But after losing A LOT of weight and finally being able to stick to a "plan" (er... whatever I'm doing that seems to be working) i.e. for almost a year and half now, I really am, well, happy.

I'm not at my goal weight yet, I know there's more I need/want to lose but shoot. Today I'm even having a "fat day" (TOM is around so I'm weighing in 2lbs more than normal and I'm somewhat bloated) but, wow, having a fat day at 172lbs where those extra 2lbs STILL have me under my lowest previous adult weight is so different than when I was well over 200lbs...

I guess I'm just in a really good mood today and I know I can't go around bugging my friends and family about it non-stop because then I'll be annoying so here I am at 3FC bragging about my weight loss. It just doesn't seem real after years of yo-yo dieting. Plus I haven't been at my current weight in over 8 years. Nothing really triggered my mood today but I just finally feel so much happier about the person looking back at me in the mirror.

Anybody else in the same boat as me? Feel free to share here.

BTW, can I bottle this day and store it away to remind myself when I'm having a bad day? Wouldn't that be nice...

Last edited by runningfromfat; 11-01-2011 at 10:18 AM.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations on a great achievement !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #3  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Running: What I remember from when I lost my babyweight (before this recent round of weight gain) was how good I felt. It's one of the things that keeps me going now actually... because this time I have a wardrobe that hangs there, beckoning to be worn! So you will bottle today, and all the days coming like it. You've done so incredibly well and I'm so glad you're feeling so awesome!

I just can't wait to be there again! So thanks for the motivation, again and again.

Do something fun to celebrate today!
fyreflie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

HUGE CONGRATS...This is so wonderful. You have a right to scream, yell and shout it from the roof top. I'm working hard to get to this goal and it's so encouraging to see someone actually be able to do it. CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS...and thanks for the encouragement for the rest of us.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

First off, congrats on all of your achievements!

I know how you feel! I want to talk about my weight loss all of the time (especially since the last time I weighed this much, I was probably in elementary school! ) but I know I would just annoy everyone. Luckily I have a very good friend who lost a lot of weight and we can both brag to each other/complain about being cold.

That's why I love it here on 3FC. I can talk about my weight loss here all I want!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #6  
Dukanista

S/C/G: high263/current257/ticker/198

Height: 5'7"

congrats on your losses and on having a great day!!

and too funny because I am EXACTLY in the same place today. I hit Onederland this morning. It was totally not expected because I was 202.6 on Sunday and I was just checking this morning for a first of the month weight for a challenge. I was hoping I'd see a little progress from Sunday but never ever expected to see a whoosh of 3.2 lbs taking to 199.4!!

But while I have told people in real life approx. how much I have lost, I haven't shared my starting weight so I'm not really prepared to share the fact that I am in Onederland with them. But I WANT to! lol! So I'll just have to post incessantly on 3fc all day today instead.
April Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #7  

Running, I just found this from another person who also likes who is looking back at her in the mirror:

I look at myself in the mirror and I see someone I THINK I know... but I'm not sure. When I go out, people smile at me, men hold doors open for me, women smile back when I smile first, kids are nicer to me. And I'm not sure why.

I look at myself in the mirror and I see someone who generates life. I see someone who enjoys getting up in the morning and getting dressed up for work. I see someone who is excited to begin a new day, and PARTICIPATE in life instead of just watch others. And I'm not sure why.

Finally, I stood in front of my mirror and I asked this woman - who the he** ARE you? She smiled. I would move my arm, she'd move HER arm, too. I'd move my head, she'd move HER head, too. I'm not sure why.

I look at myself in the mirror and I see someone who smiles for no particular reason at all. She puts on old jeans and a tee-shirt, but does her hair, anyway. She goes to get groceries at Wal-Mart, but puts on a little makeup, anyway. I walk by a window, and she's there, with that little "bounce" in her stride. I walk by a door, and she's there - looking tall and confident.

I think I know this woman, and the crazy thing is, I'm starting to love her. I'm starting to love expecting to see her in the mirror, in the windows, in the doors. I'm loving her looking back at me, smiling that goofy smile for no reason at all. And I don't know why.

~ Kem Sweaton 07/27/03 ~
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/215.5/150

Running - and thanks for the motivation to keep going.

Jolina - love your post, that's what I want to feel someday, thanks
desertmouse2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:29 PM   #9  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's really humbling to hear that my weight loss can help to be an inspiration to others. I truly hope you all reach your goals soon, whatever they may be.

JOLINA- wow, thanks for sharing that! That really hit home right now. After disliking what I was seeing in the mirror for so long it really is like falling in love with yourself all over again.

sontaikle & April Snow- seriously! I'm so thankful for 3FC because I think I would be the most annoying friend otherwise!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 300+/Ticker!/140 lbs

Height: 5'8" Age: 27

I'm so thankful for 3FC! It keeps me and my friends/family sane! If I didn't have an awesome place like this to vent, share ideas, and hear about others' stories then I'd be talking to loved ones about weight loss 24/7. This community is so wonderful and supportive to have!
Riesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:40 PM   #11  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riesz View Post
I'm so thankful for 3FC! It keeps me and my friends/family sane! If I didn't have an awesome place like this to vent, share ideas, and hear about others' stories then I'd be talking to loved ones about weight loss 24/7. This community is so wonderful and supportive to have!

Absolutely. If I hadn't had 3FC during the process and to check in even now after more than a year, I'm not sure I'd have had any friends left! Such an amazing process but pretty hard for people to hear about it all the time (particularly if they're wanting to lose themselves but haven't been).
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Hey, Running! Great attitude. I've said it many times that the weight loss game is 90% mental. That goes in many directions. We have to be in the right "place" to start. We have to be motivated to stay on plan. We have to just tough it out some days. Then, after we succeed, we have to be mentally prepared to maintain! You're doing such a great job. The last leg of your weight loss journey is going to be easy because of your attitude.

I think we are all inspirations to each other. You're so correct in saying we'd annoy our friends with the details, but we all want to do it! That's what 3fc friends are for. We understand. We've been there. We really do wish we could bottle the feeling weget when something clicks.

Jolina - love the copied post. It's exactly how I feel most days. I laughed all afternoon a few days ago when I realized a nice looking older man was flirting with me in the produce section at the grocery store! I woud have never made eye contact in the past, and I consider myself to be outgoing!

Great day, everyone!

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 11-01-2011 at 04:02 PM.
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:15 AM   #13  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Swim in your glory girl! And to feel the way you are when TOM is just around the corner is amazing!

Remembering how I felt at 240 (let alone 265) to how I feel now, I believe that's key motivation for me too, it's SO MUCH better. Even getting sick it's easier to handle for some reason. It can only get better right? You are doing so amazing living this lifestlye for over a year, you're going to have no problem maintaining, the old you is gone, the awesome you is here to stay
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #14  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOLINA View Post
Running, I just found this from another person who also likes who is looking back at her in the mirror:

men hold doors open for me,
~ Kem Sweaton 07/27/03 ~
HAHA I've recently noticed this too! I'm like, wow, that hasn't happened in years! LOL
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:05 PM   #15  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideMe View Post
HAHA I've recently noticed this too! I'm like, wow, that hasn't happened in years! LOL
I cannot wait until stuff like this starts happening to me!
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote