South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 02:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default South Beach Diet Daily Chat - 1 November

Good morning, ladies. Just winding down my night at work and thought I'd pop in to say hello. I never made it back yesterday to respond to posts, so I'll do it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Natasha, great job getting back to P1. I sensed it would be much harder for me on a second go around, although I did do a solid week several months ago. It taught me not to stray as far in the future.
Amen to that, Lexxiss!!! Phase I is definitely harder the 2nd time around. Especially when it's that time of year that Pumpkin Spice Frappucinos are all around. But I was eating way too many off-plan foods way too often and I knew it had to be done. Down 3.5 pounds so far (I had gained back 13), so I'm pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
Natasha, Georgia Won!
Yes we did!!! We just about threw it away, though. I've actually got the game taped and still need to go back and watch it...I had to leave for my 5K in the middle of the 2nd quarter. My mom kept updating me during the walk, though, and it was kinda cool b/c as soon as I crossed the finish line I got the text from her that the game was over and we had won.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Is the whole shift dressing up?
Yep, the whole shift (there's 9 of us). I don't know what you call what I'm doing but I'm wearing 80's rocker chick type clothes and spraying my hair green. Oh, and I'm wearing hot pink fishnet gloves, LOL I actually had to go to staff meeting w/ green hair, LOL

Anyway, it's Tuesday...just one more day until it's half way over, woot woot!!! What's on your to-do list for today???

Last edited by Natasha1534; 11-01-2011 at 02:26 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:04 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Natasha. It's nice to see you back and starting the Daily again. Woot! Woot! (I love that expression but does anyone actually say it in real life?)

The dogs and I had lots of visitors last night - 42 is lots for a dark street without much light. I had just enough goody bags made which was a relief. There was some leftover unbagged candy but it is in the trash can outside right now. Remind me not to buy darned candy until 3:45 on the Day next year.

I seemed to fritter away the time yesterday without doing much except Halloween-up so need to get it in gear today. I did finally get on the treadmill for a short session. I am sooo out of shape after goofing off most of the summer! I'll do another stint this morning - feeling out of breath after ten minutes is not a good thing!

Today's agenda? Aside from the usual daily tidying and dog loving, I am going to supervise the hanging of the new stage curtains in the Old Town Hall - formerly the Mill museum. We got proper stage curtains and the hardware from a small theatre near Toronto - a good buy at $300! The children who will be doing the real Christmas pageant there are all excited!

That'll take up most of the morning - I have pulled pork, rolls and cole slaw to feed the volunteers. Then, this afternoon, Disney and I will do pet therapy at the nursing home. (The national chair has resigned her position and I am NOT even considering it! All the meetings are in Hawkesbury or Toronto, not two of my favourite places!)

Some leaf raking just might happen today - or some pant shortening - or some re-potting of African violets - or fill the blank.. There's always lots to do.

For now though ... coffee and dog petting while I wait for the lazy sun to get up. She'll be up an hour earlier at this time next week.

Happy Twos-day. Come and chat!
Old 11-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am ignoring the cats because they get fed at 6:30. If they start acting like crazed lunatics at 5:15 just to get my attention I am not feeding them early. Yes, my day begins with a battle of wills with cats. This might be a bad sign

Natasha - I'm with Ruth , I love seeing your name at the start of the Daily. So are there pictures? That sounds too good not to share Hope it was a fun and quiet evening.

Ruth - I love reading about your days. It may be routine for you but it always sounds like lots of interesting and fun things going on. Stay strong and resist taking on another obligation.

We have no trick or treaters here, so a quiet night. Between living out in the country and on a dead-end, dirt road no one comes out here. I don't mind because years ago we lived in a suburban development where kids from the city would get dropped off by the car load. It made for a very busy and stressful night because some of those kids were older and out to cause trouble. I do like seeing all the facebook pics of other people's kids and grandkids though

Yesterday's meeting went really well but I'm reminded of how happy I am not to do that every week. Today it's back to routine - work, cleaning, errands. We have an appt. with the surgeon this morning so that will take most of the early part of the day.

For now another cup of coffee and maybe, just maybe I'll feed those bratty cats

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-01-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:26 AM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

Morning Ruth and Natasha,
Ruth, you'd be perfect for Regional Director! :-) what do you say they'll definitely try to recruit you. Are you just a bit tempted? I've only been to Toronto twice, but actually really liked it. Being from NYC I tend to like cities that are a bit smaller and feel more manageable. I also found Toronto to be very clean.

Trick or treating yesterday got a bit harrying. Thank goodness my son did a bunch of it with his after school program because my patience was TRIED as the streets were so crowded and people here in Brooklyn seem to delight in having strollers the size of Hummers and not caring that they are blocking everything. When my son was in a stroller we had a small MacLaren and it was perfect and I don't know why you'd need something bigger. This is my constant complaint with 'parents today.'

Anyway: today is my husband's birthday! We're hoping he can get off work early so that we may be able to go out and have a snack and a drink. I always have a sitter on Tuesdays from 6:30-8:30 as I attend a centering prayer workshop at my church, but I already told the leader I might not be coming today.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 90.6/70.6/55

Height: 165

Admire your determination Natasha in doing Phase 1 again =)

Ruth, you sound really engaged in your community

I'm glad that I happened upon this thread early, usually I come onto it too late and feel so overwhelmed by needing to respond to everyone, that I end up not posting. I do always read it all though

Well I haven't had the best "on plan" day. I had two sugary muesli bars for a snack at 3pm, followed by a dinner of purchased minestrone which was filled with potato and carrots chased with a side of cheese toast. Joe got multigrain bread which I used to make the cheese toast, but I don't think the bakers actually used whole wheat on closer inspection. So...at least 4 servings of carbs when I was trying to limit it to one. Not disastrous but more than I wanted or intended to eat. Joe is going to take the muesli bars and keep them at work for snacks so at least I won't be faced with that hurdle anymore. Ah well. Nothing to do but go back on plan tomorrow.

My employment package finally arrived (or at least the slip from the post office advising me they have a package) so I can go in and pick it up tomorrow. I'll also head to the farmer's market to pick up some veggies for us over the week.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Messycrayola, (love the name!) .. please don't feel you have to respond to every post! See the Sticky http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...ly-thread.html.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:56 AM   #7  

Good Morning Everyone.

as the streets were so crowded and people here in Brooklyn seem to delight in having strollers the size of Hummers and not caring that they are blocking everything This was just to funny, thank you for the early morning laugh. I have a picture of this in my head. LOL

Ruth, your day with your dogs sounds like me, with me being home this week, they are following me everywhere, and our little one is so tired by night (no napping when I am home).

Natasha - sounds like dressing up for work was fun. We use to be able to do that at work, now you don't dare do it, the owners won't stand for it.

Well, today I have to take our 12 yr lab to the vet, she has another lump on her hind leg, it is on the surface, not under her skin. She is such a good dog, I just hate seeing her get old. Then I have to go to the doctor, I have an extra bone growing in the joint of my thumb that is really affecting my thumbs movement now, don't know what they will do. And I need a new hair cut.

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Chickadeee
Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

We didn't get as many trick-or-treaters as we usually do last night. I think the freezing weather had a lot to do with it. In past years, Jake and I would sit outside with our neighbors and drink hot apple cider while passing out the treats, but this year I was huddled on the couch under a warm quilt! We got maybe 50 or so kids, and Jake and I really get a kick out of seeing them in their costumes.

Natasha, you must have looked grand, attending your staff meeting like that!

Ruth, I do hope you remember how to say NO! this afternoon.

Cyndi, so who won the battle of the wills? My bet is on the kitties.

Matilda, wish your DH a Happy Birthday from me! Have a nice evening spent celebrating!

Messy, please don't feel obligated to respond to all the posts. I know it can get overwhelming. We're just happy to have you stop in and tell us how you're doing.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I still cannot believe it is November. Crazy! Auston did not go trick-or-treating last night. He had a weekend full of festivities and has a huge bag of candy. Good enough!

Had a strange thing happen last night. Auston was outside playing. He came tearing in the house crying and panicking. "There is someone on the hill!!!" We live in the middle of no-where, and rarely get visitors we know! Jeff went outside. It was a mom from Auston's school, who neither of us know well. She was crying and upset and said she needed gas money to go to the hospital. I gave her some money. She was thankful and said she would pay us back. I told her that it wasn't necessary.

It made me so sad. I believe that if I were ever in a tough situation with no family available, I have close friends who would help me. She came to a stranger for help.

As far as Auston panicking -- I told him it was good he came inside when a stranger showed up, but there was no reason to panic. He said, "It was a black truck, and bad guys always drive black trucks."

I'm running late this morning, so no time for personals. Happy Tuesday, Chickies!
Old 11-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Aw, Chelby, you are a kind and compassionate person. I am sure you will be paid back, if not in money, in other ways and maybe from other people. Auston is right - except around here the bad guys are always in a white van. You've got a smart kid there!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks everyone, for always being here! messycrayola, I see Ruth has already mentioned that the most important thing is posting-not responding. On that note, I don't have time for many personals today. I have to leave for work in 1/2 hour.

chickadeee, so sorry about your old pup. My last big dog left this world mid-summer. They are just so wonderful and it's great that your pup has such a great family

Chelby, very touching...I hope the universe gets better for that mom you helped and it's sure a gratitude lesson for the rest of us.

My morning is slipping away but I wanted to check in. Yesterday was an OP day. I weighed, didn't take a single bite at work, resisted any candy (especially at the bank), had a sane dinner at Whole Foods (despite some family discomfort between DH and Mom). We left our car in mom's driveway since it got paintballed the previous eve and I purposely left the groceries which included 1/2 loaf of a sourdough baguette which I had the sense to realize might get consumed (by moi) if it came home.

Ok, smoothie downed and time to get dressed.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #12  
sophie

good morning,

My weekend is still on my mind. It was very emotional to meet so many people that were a part of my life in Montreal and many I haven't seen for 40 years or so. Had a wonderful time catching up with my friend whom I have known since grade one. Anyways, I did go off track but as my DH put it, it was fine dining and not eating out. Will be back after I come down from my high.
take care
Sophie
Old 11-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Debbie -- Victory over baguettes!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! It's nice to finally get here while it's still "am" and not "pm".

Last night was a bit of a bust as far as trick-or-treaters. We had a grand total off....TWO! Yep, two kiddos came and they came together. We had a lot of activities going on in town over the weekend, so I assume nobody wanted to re-dress-up their kiddos for a second time. Even though we didn't buy much we have a ton of candy left. Fortunately none of it is chocolate, so I'm not too tempted by it.

I'm still loosing weight by BFing DD, but it is definitely slowing down. DH has packed on a few extra pounds also, so it's time for us to get on track. He told me last night he needs a new pair of khaki cargo pants because the ones he has had for 4+ years shrunk in the dryer. Yeah right, mister! He started working out yesterday and I will do the same tomorrow. I'm going to try to at least walk 3x a week, at least for now, and we are making a concerted effort to only eat home-cooked meals for the month.

Natasha: Sounds like a lot of fun!! Have a great Tuesday!

Ruth: I'm sure you'll be on the top of the list for the national chair, but I certainly understand you not wanting that much more to do, including the travel.

Cyndi: Hope DW's appt. goes well. Thanks for keeping us updated. I need to get back on a routine as well. I don't remember the last time I did some of the chores around the house, so I need to get to it!

Messycrayola: Have a great day! We all stumble sometimes, but it's great that you bounced right back on track!

Chickadee: We have a 10-year old lab-mix that we've had since he was a puppy. We love him so much and I don't know what we're going to do when his age starts showing. Good luck at the vet!

Cottage: I love seeing the kiddos in their get-ups as well, but I don't know if we could have handled 50 little visitors last night! We turned the porch light off pretty early, though, because DD fell asleep and DH didn't want the constant knocking and screaming to wake her. I don't think he had anything to worry about.

Chelby: Auston is a smart kid and his comment about bad guys and black trucks is funny. I can think of several movies where that is the theme! I know the woman you helped will forever be grateful for your kindness and I hope she spreads that kindness to others!

Debbie: Have a great day!

Sophie: It's great that you had a good time! Sometimes a bit of veering off track is okay, especially when the food is worth it and especially when you're able to jump back on as soon as you get back.

Well, off to tackle the desk pile today! I'm hoping to stay super-busy so that the day flies by. I should be used to it by now, but I am missing DD so much right now and can't wait to see her at 5!!
Old 11-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #15  

S/C/G: maintaining

Afternoon, all

Glad one holiday is over. I went to our neighborhood gathering but ate nothing. Nothing is easier for me, often, than moderation. We didn't buy any candy so dodged that bullet last night too. I'm recovering from my travels with some grainless days this week. Plan to run some errands today since it is supposed to rain hard tomorrow. I'd much rather be out and about in the sunshine

Debbie - Are you getting snow?
Closed Thread