Old 10-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212/181/150

Height: 5'5"

Unhappy I'm Kathy and I need support on IP

Hi all,

I've been on the IP diet now for apprx 3 months and have lost 30lbs with 50lbs more to loose to reach my goal.

My "coach" is a man who I feel is very shame based and I was reduced to tears this past Saturday when I "only" lost 5 more pounds instead of 12lbs. His words are shaming to me and he told me "If you are not committed to the diet then I won't allow you to stay on the diet." But I have consistently been losing weight! 30 lbs is no small success!

Here is what happened, he is a chiropractor and pushed chiropractic adjustments every time I come into the office to purchase food or get a weigh in 4 times I have said "No, I am not wanting to be adjusted" an he refused my "no" for an answer. I resorted to writing him a letter telling him that my no means not and gently asking him to respect my "no." I explained to him that I have avoided weigh ins over the last couple of weeks because I was very upset about getting manipulated into paying for more chiro adjustments when I came in. I am 150% committed to this diet! He accuses me of not being committed because I skipped a few weigh ins (even though I explained to him my reasons and sought to work it out.) Anyway, I went in for a weigh in this past Saturday, lost another 5 lbs, but he literally scolded me for my failure and told me that he was going to take me off the diet if I didn't start showing a commitment to the diet! I am convinced that this turn of attitude towards me is due to my communication to him about the adjustments. He basically told me where the door was and accused me of failing the diet and not being committed to the diet!

I have emailed Ideal Protein but they say their policy states they cannot comment to me about my experience!

I feel so discouraged and I feel like I'm being accused of being a diet failure when in reality my weight loss is a true success!

I'm hoping to find some encouragement here.

Kathy
nostones4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #2  

Goodness! Can't you walk away from him?! I don't know anything about the Ideal Protein format (aside from what I read here) but this actually is very scary.

Please tell me you won't see him again. You can weigh yourself correct? Was there a big amount of money put down or something?

Now I want to research this program!
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:42 PM   #3  

Oh. And PS:

30 lbs in 3 months is awesome! Really. You are doing outstanding and I think you know it. This guy is toxic...and I think you already know that too.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #4  

Default ditch the chiro...

Kathy,that's terrible you are doing great on the IP program, he should be keeping you motivated instead of threatening to take you off the diet. I know because I have also been through the program lost 63lbs and feel amazing. I had a great coach and it really helps. Are you going there because it's close to you? Maybe I can help..let me know.
Beingmyidealme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #5  
Iron Love Handles

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5"5'

Can you request another coach from IP? That sounds downright abusive!
ironlovehandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #6  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I had a "poor" experience with my coach/clinic and decided after three months that I could make changes. I am an adult and I choose not to let other adults abuse me. The first thing I did was get involved with this site and get my cheerleaders here. I took the information that pertained to me and left the rest. I continued losing weight and used alternative products the whole time. Many people have done it different ways. Everyone that talks about their journey have had success to some point. This is a life learning experience and a gift to yourself. Enjoy it, hang with the winners, and do not allow yourself to be abused. To be successful, we have to feel successful. You are SUCCESSFUL on this plan. Smile because you now have a support group.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 11-01-2011 at 08:23 AM.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

That is TERRIBLE!!! I am so sorry that you have been treated this way. Does he not get the fact that you are paying him?!?!? UGH! I am in central IL and not a huge city by any means and we actually have two clinics. I only knew about the one that I was going to until I googled "Ideal Protein and my city". another popped up. I am happy with my clinic right now...but if I was ever treated poorly, I would try to make arrangements to switch clinics.

Good luck, girl! Just know that you have options...and that chiropractor does not have to be one of them!!!

Hugs!!!
scpnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Kathy - no need to put up with this crap and you know it. If there's no other clinic in the area, and you're in the States you might try going through IP to go. They ship the products directly. The glitch is that you can't be near a clinic, but if you explain your circumstances and add in that you can't make visits to that clinic any longer, perhaps they will ship to you. If not, I'd go the alternatives route (see alternatives thread). There are many folks on here that use Atkins and products from Diet Direct and Nashua Nutrition, and still follow the plan. All the Phases info and nutritional info is on the site, you just need to find products (which by the way are hugely less expensive) that are close or on par with the alternatives. Weight loss should be a joyous journey, and 30 pounds is something to celebrate, not abuse.
Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

He is harrassing you and IP "Mgmt" says they can't do anything? That is bullsh*t! They most certainly can, I would write a letter to Mgmt. and tell them you are going to get a lawyer, then you will see them do something!

If you don't have another place to go for your IP products, you can switch to alternatives. I wouldn't give IP my business if they won't stop a distributor from harrassing customers. Just my opinion.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:44 AM   #10  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

I'm so sorry that you're going through this. you've made amazing progress and 30lbs is a big milestone! I would definately not put up with that type of behavior snd like others have said, look for another clinic or look into doing the alternatives. You've already showed that you can do it and there is tons of amzing supportive people on here that will be more then glad to keep supporting you on your journey. Kick him to the curb!!!!!
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: h252/s244.8/213.8/g165

Height: 5' 2"

You need to leave that clinic immediately. I too go to a chiropractic office for my WI's and they have NEVER once even asked if I was interested in adjustment services, etc. or tried to push the other part of their practice on me. I think I'm very lucky that my clinic is so wonderful. Have you searched for other clinics through IdealProtein.com? There are 4 in my general area and I just chose the closest. I pray there is another clinic for you, and if not, like others have said, do it on your own through online or use alternatives. You have been doing well with your weight loss but the added stress caused by this abusive person is not helping you and no one has the right to treat you this way. I'd be sending all kinds of letters out about the treatment you have received - to Ideal Protein as well as medical boards. This man should not be serving the public!

Last edited by misswinter; 11-01-2011 at 09:47 AM.
misswinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

You should look for a new clinic, or do the program on alternatives. and when you reach your goal send him an amazing photo of yourself and a long letter to him, and cc: the Ideal Protein corporate office and medical board!

Congrats on your AMAZING losses! You have done great. and 5lb a week is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY over average, so goooooo you!!!
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Get out of there immediately. I had an excellent coach but had to leave for financial reasons and commuting time to the clinic. I order my own products online. I switched to doing it myself at the same time Bella did and I have the same results as when I went to the clinic.
I am also saving a fortune.
Walk don't run away from that idiot there is no need of paying big bucks to be abused.
If you do want to stay with real IP as Sherwood said as you are in the US you could try IP to Go but I think they will try to direct you to another clinic. But that also would be a step in the right direction.

As you said he showed you the door. Scoot right out of it you can easily do this program without that BS. Management is totally out of line, they are lucky the Better Business Bureau doesn't get involved.

Last edited by patns; 11-01-2011 at 10:42 AM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/181/150

Smile Thank You Ruth and All!!!!

I started to cry when I read all your amazing support and words of encouragement to me! Like a breath of fresh air! Thank You Ruth for posting this in the best place to get me responses. I apologize for not putting it in the right place from the start. I'll learn the ropes hopefully sooner than later :-)

I SO needed all of you today. I needed you all to lift me up! I so cannot do this alone. Knowing I am not alone, that I have support, that I have choices, that I have options and don't have to stay with this guy has been a world of life to my heart.

I did respond to my local Ideal Protein rep's message that it is corporate policy to not respond to me and he then responded to me in a way that helped me to know that he is taking my situation seriously. He did not offer me another clinic/coach but I found one on my own. I live in the Chicago area. I didn't know that there were other clinics in my area. I stumbled on the diet via a friend who lost weight on the program who eventually got off the diet after being told the same thing, that she was not committed enough. She was 20lbs shy of her loss goals. I"m going to let her know about this site and her options now too!

I am starting with my new clinic this week. I told them about my experience and they shared with me that they believe everyone loses at different rates and many factors other than cheating can be a cause for a slow down in progress. In fact, two months ago (and I forgot this) I noticed that when I'm PMSing the scale moves slower and then after my period I have a big scale loss. Duh! Water weight! Guess what! I'm PMSing! That plus I read somewhere that coffee consumption can, for some people, slow down the scale losses. So, those two combined, I'm going to continue to consider myself a success on this diet and stay with it.

I was a size 18/20 and I am in a 10/12 now! This diet works! And you are all right....I don't need to put up with abuse from anyone. I guess I just needed to hear the encouragement.

Hugs to you all and I wish you all the greatest success in your weight loss journey!!!!

I hope to give back to you all as much as you have all given to me in just this first post. Wow! A family!!!!! HUGS!

Kathy
nostones4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/173/150

Height: 5'6

Way to go on 30 lbs down! I'm sure you will reach your goal without that jerks coaching! Glad u found a new one
leesa88210 is offline   Reply With Quote