Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

Default What Should I Order?

Hi Chickadees: I have two business lunches out next week and want to decide what to order NOW so I don't snarf down the Lobster Thermidor! I narrowed it down, help me pick!

LUNCH #1 -- this is at a very minimalist seaside hotel restaurant with small portions; the croutons would likely be 2 or 3

Bison Carpaccio (raw buffalo meat) - mustard seared, pickled shallots, celery root confit, peppercress, extra virgin

OR

Vū Salad
romaine, bok choy, wasabi greens, citrus marinated fennel, orange, spiced nuts, dried blueberries, grilled corn, corn bread croutons

Maybe ask to drizzle my own oil on the bison, or leave off the croutons and get dressing on the side?

LUNCH #2
-- seafood place in Dana Point, CA

Hawaiian Ahi Poke (raw fish) OR White Seabass Ceviche (raw fish) with avocado AND chilled gazpacho (veggie) soup OR side salad

OR

Shellfish (crab, prawn or bay shrimp) cocktail AND gazpacho OR salad

I'm thinking both the poke and ceviche may have vinaigrette of unknown oil content, so the shellfish cocktail might be more calorie-countable
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 12:06 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

For the first lunch, I'd go with the salad. I would ask for the nuts, dressing and croutons on the side. The reason I'd go with the salad is that I'm not sure how celery confit is prepared, but traditional confits have a lot of fat.

For the second lunch, I'd say any of the options are probably fine. I've never had poke or ceviche that contained a lot of oil. I'd probably go with the ahi, just because that's a favorite of mine.

Those are some awesome sounding business lunches.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 07:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

@zenor, good suggestions! The first lunch was today...and the menu was completely different than the online version. But better! I got the lobster-citrus cevice (no avocado) and the green salad. The salad had marcona almonds. I picked them all out, um.....and then I ate them anyway. Oh well, I REALLY enjoyed them. Gotta have some fat sometime...

Now, on to the next place next week.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote