Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 02:22 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 10/29 - Sunday 10/30

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-29-2011, 02:24 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning everyone!...I haven't gone to bed yet just got back from the movies with both my boys. We went see "In Time" great movie! Hope everyone has a great day!!....I'll be checking in late tomorrow...I'm sleeping in!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. Last night I worked a Halloween booth at our school carnival. My job was to keep stirring candy into a giant straw bucket. The kids dug through the straw for a treat. They loved it..I fortunately was so busy that i did not dwell on the candy!
Today's plan is exercise and go shopping for an IP plan for next week.

WUV..I haven't seen that movie yet. Probably watching football instead!

Last edited by Maile; 10-29-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #4  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm off for Minneapolis where my daughter (square dance caller) is calling a dance. Should be a good time!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #5  

I love eveyone's activities! We have a movie with the boys, a carnival and football, and a squaredance!!! We are an activive bunch of IPers. Today I am going to my stamping class, Then at lunch I will start phase 2. I will put chicken breasts in the crockpot and have that for lunch and supper. I think I will make my zuchinni muffins with my butterscotch pudding for tonight's snack (Finn's recipe)ummm, good!

Have a great day.

Last edited by sandyh50; 10-29-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:31 AM   #6  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Good Morning! Sounds like a lot of fun activities planned this weekend! I am headed to the apple orchard soon with a friend and her two little ones. I think my hs aged son might join us too. I am excited to take the little kids as they have never been and there are a lot of activities and a maze, etc. Unfortunately the best donuts ever too, but I will avoid those! They have a little restaurant so the kids will eat there. I am taking a bar and a large water and will eat my lunch soup in the mid-afternoon when we return home.
My weight loss is super slow this week-like a 1/2 pound so far but I did start my TOM yesterday so hopefully will at least get a little "whoosh" before weigh-in on Tuesday.
I went for my first long-ish walk yesterday-about 45 minutes in a park that is fairly hilly through a woods. Feels good to be exercising again. I am so ready!
I was struggling late this week just keeping my mind and thoughts where they need to be to finish this journey strong. I think I am getting the diet fatigue and realization that the holidays are approaching and it is playing games with me. The walk helped so much. I got to talk with a friend which is always great, just relax, feel good about the direction my body and health are headed, and it just gave me a new perspective and recharge.
Up late again last night but SO worth it to watch the St. Louis Cardinals Win the World Series!! Love my Redbirds! Hopefully though now I can get a little more sleep. I hear it preached over and over again on professional talk shows/The Biggest Loser, etc how important sleep is to weight loss and how such a majority of overweight people sleep less than 7 hours a day. I have been hiting about 5 or 6 on a good night for the past week or so, thankfully got to sleep in a little today (7-7 1/2) so maybe with this World Series over I will get a little more rest But I do have teenagers, so............
Here to a great Saturday everyone!
Old 10-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
I love eveyone's activities! We have a movie with the boys, a carnival and football, and a squaredance!!! We are an activive bunch of IPers. Today I am going to my stamping class, Then at lunch I will start phase 2. I will put chicken breasts in the crockpot and have that for lunch and supper. I think I will make my zuchinni muffins with my butterscotch pudding for tonight's snack (Finn's recipe)ummm, good!

Have a great day.
A friend of mine used the butterscotch pudding and made little pumpkin flavored cookies. They were pretty good. She said 4 was one restricted snack. I checked with my coach and she agreed. I will have to look in Finn's thread for your recipe.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Happy Saturday everyone! Busy day runing around and getting things done before next Wednesday when all of my friends and family start arriving in town for my son's Bar Mitzvah weekend. Tonight we are going to a Halloween party. Bringing my own food, so all is good. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #9  

Oh meant to add that I tried a new meat product last night. I bought some very lean turkey cutlets by Jennie-O last night. I pan browned them in a little bit of olive oil and had 2 with a plate of steamed brocoli. They were really good! I think I will get another bottle of WF asian sauce and cut the cutlets into strips and make a stirfry with them and see how that is.
Anyone else tried them?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:39 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Happy Saturday everyone! Busy day runing around and getting things done before next Wednesday when all of my friends and family start arriving in town for my son's Bar Mitzvah weekend. Tonight we are going to a Halloween party. Bringing my own food, so all is good. Hope everyone has a great day.
What are you taking to the Halloween party? Our family was invited to one and invitation said bring own meat for bonfire and then a dish to share. I don't think we are going for a number of reasons, although it would be fun and I enjoy the people that will be there. One of the reasons is because none of these people know about IP and I am not going to tell them, I am just not sure what I would take for bonfire meat (I am phase I and having a slow losing week anyway!) or what else would be there to eat.

I keep telling myself this isn't forever-I can dig in and do this!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:08 AM   #11  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
What are you taking to the Halloween party? Our family was invited to one and invitation said bring own meat for bonfire and then a dish to share. I don't think we are going for a number of reasons, although it would be fun and I enjoy the people that will be there. One of the reasons is because none of these people know about IP and I am not going to tell them, I am just not sure what I would take for bonfire meat (I am phase I and having a slow losing week anyway!) or what else would be there to eat.

This is delicious = take your own skewer to make sure it can accommodate your dinner. Put chicken chunks alternating with peppers, mushrooms, chunks of zucchini, celery, cauliflower, and broccoli if you like. Or just pick a couple. Season it with herbs and sea salt. Sometimes I will sprinkle Teriyaki sauce on it. No one would ever suspect it is diet food. Have fun.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #12  

Finn's zuchinni muffins are in the Ideal Protein Recipes #3 thread:

http://http://www.3fatchicks.com/for...es-3-a-14.html
Old 10-29-2011, 10:46 AM   #13  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Happy Saturday. Walked my dog already this morning, chilly but nice out. No big plans for this weekend. Just yardwork to get ready for the winter
Old 10-29-2011, 11:15 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post

I have eaten out or go to something social with family, friends and co-workers often several times a week since i started IP. Our "regular" daily meal is very much like anyone elses; just no starches. No one has ever noticed I'm eating differently than they are or asked any questions. Rosemary's suggestion was great, but I would think hamburgers made with lextra lean beef would work too. If anyone questions what you are eating you don't have to say anything about IP, just say you're trying to eat healthier in preperation for the holiday season.
Pat
Old 10-29-2011, 11:31 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 161/139/112

Height: 4' 10"

Default Yikes!

I dont know what is going on with me. I have had a bar and a pudding packet already this morning and I am STILL STARVING!!! I have already drank 48 oz of water and a cup of tea. I am still chugging the water, but if anyone has any other ideas....they are more than welcome???
Closed Thread