Old 10-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #1  

Default just started MRC, but got invited to a pot luck.. please help!

Hi!
I am still on the preconditioning and was invited to a "fall pot luck lunch" on Friday. I am sure that I can avoid most of the foods, but what should I bring? I don't really want to make anything tempting. I thought I could just buy something at the store.

Any thoughts?
twobabiesinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

You could take a nice salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, etc. Put in a lot of variety. Fresh fruit salad with all types of fruit on your menu. That's about all I can come up with atm. I probably would make something I wouldn't be able to eat because I have a dish everybody seems to want.
Sorry I can't be more creative...my mind is toast tonight.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:43 AM   #3  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

I have made the "Texas Chili" recipe a couple of times now...and it is yummy! May be a good idea for a potluck this time of year. You could make it, then put into a crockpot to serve! Salads are a great idea, also
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:36 PM   #4  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Not sure what time your pot luck is but if you just eat a few, you would probably be ok to make the Ranch Chicken Fingers. Instead of strips, I would cut them up in bite size pieces and bake them that way.

You can also make the 7 layer dip & MRC chips or Salsa or even the cheese dip.

A veggie/fruit tray is always a great idea. There is also a recipe in the cookbook for stuffed mushrooms.. I'm not a mushroom eater, so haven't tried this.

If you want to do something big in a crock pot, you could do the Italian Chicken & add Zucchini & tomatoes.

Hope this helps.
Rzrbackcandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/215/155

Height: 5'10"

Another good appetizer is combining a 16oz container of low fat cottage cheese with a packet of Hidden Vallen Ranch Dressing (my favorite is the fiesta) and serve with raw veggies.
BOBCAT9976 is offline   Reply With Quote