Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 203/147.8/135

Height: 5'4''

Default HELP! I had a "birthday cheat" and I can't stop!

So, this past Monday was my birthday. On the Friday before my family and friends all took me out to dinner. I said I was going to cheat just one day for my birthday and that would be it! I got coconut shrimp, which I only ate 2 of because they weren't that good, and mashed potatoes and fried okra. Then we went out and I had a few drinks. No big deal I thought.

Then the next day I cheated....then on Sunday I cheated....then on Monday I cheated because I was thinking oh it's my birthday! It's ok! I've almost lost 50 lbs! Well then on Tuesday I cheated and then today! I've been taking a 3 day auditing course and they provide lunch and snacks every day so I've just been going to town on whatever! It's like once I opened the flood gates there is no closing them! I am scared to weigh myself because I don't want to see the damage of done this past week. Every day I've been eating cookies and cakes and candy bars and I haven't binged/blatantly ignored my diet like this in a VERY long time. I just want to get back on track.

I JUST fit into a size 8 (a single digit size omg!) I can't even remember as a teenager being in an 8 and now they're already a little snug. It's scary! I don't want to go backward! I need some encouragement 3FC.
Sunshinenmysoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:58 PM   #2  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 222/in progress/115

Height: 5'3"

okay, sweetie,

1. its only going to be a problem if you continue eating badly. a few days off course isn't enough to ruin the rest of your life unless you continue on the wrong path.

2. it's time to weigh yourself and see what has happened. i know it won't feel good, but its like how i feel inclined to spend more if i don't check my credit card balance. it's good to have a reality check.

3. i've had the hardest time losing the second 50 lbs of my 100 lb goal because i became satisfied in the way that i looked and loss my motivation. it's really up to you whether you want to stay at this size or get smaller, but if you do want to get smaller, it's time to look forward to the size that you will be.

you are going to be fine as long as you make a re commitment right now. if you don't, it's much easier to gain it back than to lose it.

remember, all is not lost.
jayohwhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 24W/10-12/10-12

Height: 5', 5"

Remember why you started this journey in the first place. You've done such an amazing job. The good thing is that you've noticed the slip and are actually concerned (I remember slips when I wasn't concerned that I was off plan...dangerous).

You can do this. Cheering you on to goal...By the way, happy borthday.
free1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:20 AM   #4  
SereneCalorieCounter

S/C/G: 180/138/142

Height: 5'6"

Glad you wrote us now instead of many pounds later. Good for you.

Get on that scale, assess the damage and vow to get back on plan. It's early in the cycle and you CAN stop it. Yes, it might suck to see the number on the scale, but that's the reality right now, and waaaaaay better than where you started many pounds ago.

We've all been there and know how you are feeling. Look at it like a holiday from your plan and come home right now from that eating vacation! Suggest you plan your menus for a week ahead, with some small treats built in, and stay strictly on plan. Write us here every day to let us know how it's going, even if you don't manage it perfectly.

Be good to yourself--that's the best birthday present!
blueheron777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #5  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueheron777 View Post
Glad you wrote us now instead of many pounds later. Good for you.

Get on that scale, assess the damage and vow to get back on plan. It's early in the cycle and you CAN stop it. Yes, it might suck to see the number on the scale, but that's the reality right now, and waaaaaay better than where you started many pounds ago.

We've all been there and know how you are feeling. Look at it like a holiday from your plan and come home right now from that eating vacation! Suggest you plan your menus for a week ahead, with some small treats built in, and stay strictly on plan. Write us here every day to let us know how it's going, even if you don't manage it perfectly.

Be good to yourself--that's the best birthday present!
I think that is great advice!

Weigh yourself. Denial isn't going to motivate you to get back on plan. And I like the idea of logging in every day and being honest about what you ate that day. Maybe seeing a list in writing where others can read it will make it a reality for you.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/162/140

Height: 5'7"

I live by the Scarlett O'Hara quote: "After all, tomorrow is another day!"

I had a similar situation with my birthday. Fixed it by assessing the situation, and starting anew the next day. Every day you do more for your body than you used to be when you were at your highest weight is a plus.

Good luck!!!
MustardFan is offline   Reply With Quote