UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

View Poll Results: change for life or use a slimming club indefinatly
slimming club 1 5.56%
no slimming club 17 94.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #1  

Default baby steps all the way

Hi i am writing this thread because i am in an office where everyone is on a slimming world or weight watchers diet and seem to be losing weight at an incredible pace, this in mind it is not for me i have no inclination to count calories or points, but i am trying a change for life , where i eat healthier and lose weight through that and exercise, but it is slow, and i know this is the best route for me, but i can not help feeling a little jealous when all around me seem to being losing weight fast, anyone else out there feeling the same way ? i have lost 8 pounds so far over about 6 months, but to be fair the last 4 wks have been the biggest part of that ever since i decided that i had to get offa my *** more and be motivated.

the good news is i HAVE lost 8 pounds

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]

Last edited by hotcakes65; 10-22-2011 at 03:26 AM.
hotcakes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #2  
Determined

Location: Initial goal was 150ish. Kept adjusting down to 135. Recently set new goal to 125! BMI Normal Weight!

S/C/G: 185.5 / 132 / 125

Height: 5 feet exactly

I've lost weight all by myself all year (started 1/1/11). No plans or clubs, no special weird food. Just reading here and educating myself about calories and health.

Every week I lose between 0-2lb. Some weeks 0 (even when I was good), some weeks 1lb, some weeks 2lb. It feels like it's been slow. But on the other hand, it feels like hardly any time at all. So keep at it the slow way, who wants to pay dues or go to meetings, or buy weird diet food for the rest of their lives?

I'm sure people that have been at it much longer than me will chime in here, and give you some great advice
whiteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 03:02 PM   #3  

Smile Thank you !

Its great to find someone who feels the same, and even better to have the encouragement, thank you. How inspired am i by you ? very is the answer you have done so well and must be so pleased that you are so near your goal! stay in touch and let me know when you get there, which wont be long . WELL DONE !
hotcakes65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/256/154

Height: 5 foot 7

I went to WW for a short time this year but I didn't really like it that much for ME. However I know a lady who lost 10 stone with them so different strokes for different folks etc!

What put me off going to the meeting was the leader - totally business minded and no social skills to speak of. She had been doing it for a long time and you could tell she was spouting off the same tired old script with no passion behind it. I approached her one time and said "So where do you recommend to go for a nice low calorie lunch in town? Thinking that in all her years experience, she could tell me at least a few. She just went "Look in your book" and that was that! I never went back!
PinkRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 06:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214/190/140

Height: 5'5"

I do a mixture of both. I go to Slimming World (great group and consultant and loads of encouragement) but because I'm treating it as a lifestyle change too, I don't rack up huge losses, but slow and steady ones. It's working for me and I've lost 52lb so far since January. I can't be doing with point and/or calorie counting as that just makes me want to reach for chocolate. I use the weekly weigh-ins as a sort of conscience for the moments (usually Saturdays) when I feel "weak" and everything I've learned has helped me completely transform the way I cook etc.

The group I go to is also a few miles away from me so that's guaranteed exercise every week. Yes, I pay to go, but for the money I save that used to go on junk and the massive improvement in my health, I've decided it's a small price to pay.

I think different things work for different people - there is no right or wrong way, as long as it works for you.

Last edited by Elliemar; 11-14-2011 at 06:36 PM.
Elliemar is offline   Reply With Quote