Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 10-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default Good Luck, Jen!!!

sending you warm wishes and hugs as you start this next chapter in your life! let us know as soon as you can how you're doing - even if you have to 'nominate' family or friends to do it!

jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #2  

WinterCricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

Thanks so much!! It means a lot that you were thinking about me. Just home this afternoon. Not one of my most happy experiences, I had a lot of pain and nausea post op and really didn't start feeling like myself until yesterday afternoon. I am still super stiff and sore but I'm sure that will resolve over time. I was starting to think 'what have I done?' when I was feeling so sick and in pain but I'm good now. You hear about people that breeze through this surgery so I felt like a bit of a wimp but really this is to be expected when I've just had major abdominal surgery and surgical instruments pushing and prodding and cutting. Anyway I'm sipping away at my fluids, that's getting a little better too. Was having a heartburn like feeling with every sip but again to be expected since over half of my stomach is gone and a big staple line there. Still have a lot of gas pain I think, it's hard to tell what is what when it comes to pain. Oh well, it will resolve. If I feel like it is something unusual believe me I will get myself to ER! Thanks again!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #4  
Old Cackler

how are you feeling today? any better? less sore? more mobile? i hope?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #5  
not bad for a 47 yr Nana!

Glad all went well!

Sounds like you are doing all the things you need to! Keep up the great work, the first 3 months are the hardest.....AND most productive!

Hang in there!

Angela

Last edited by missangelaks; 10-24-2011 at 03:19 PM.
missangelaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:59 PM   #6  

Gas pain was the worst! The day I had my band...I was a mess. I was hurting, crying and being a big old baby. There was another girl who had it a few hours after me, walking around smiling looking like a million bucks! So don't worry hun your not the only one who was a big old wimp
Hope you start to feel like yourself and can't wait to hear your doing.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:50 PM   #7  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I was feeling great yesterday morning and ended up doing too much and so feeling a bit more sore today than I would probably if I'd spent more of the day on the couch! Well I am doing that today so am sure I will be better tomorrow. It is mostly my right side that is still sore and makes it difficult to get in and out of bed or sit down. Just concentrating on getting my protein drinks and other fluids down. Am down 2 lbs already so that was a nice surprise. I know some people are bloated from IV fluids and actually gain so I feel good that didn't happen. Gas pain seems better. Yes it is freaky how everyone is so different. One person on another message board was back to work in 4 days! No way could I do that even though I've got a desk job. Just walking around the house, taking lots of breaks to watch tv or surf. If I can keep myself in check today will try a VERY short walk tomorrow. Hopefully the pain will be better. Thanks everyone!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:25 PM   #8  

Hope the pain is feeling better soon and with me sitting at the desk was the worst because I had nothing but port pain. It may not bother you but just a heads up when you start back to work. Took a few months to finally stop bugging me.