Old 10-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #1  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

Height: 5'6

Default How many times did you fail before you finally succeeded????

I honestly am so close to giving up on the hopes of one day being fit & in shape bc it seems like I have been trying FOREVER to lose weight & I just cant seem to stick to anything. I promised myself that this was going to be the year I was going to lose all my weight & get to my goal weight, & look, its Oct 16th & Im right at where I was Jan 1st of this year. I did get down to 238 last month & was extremely excited, but then I went and visited my family last week & been off diet & today I am 251 I had plans to start fresh and new tomorrow but I'm just so unmotivated I also live very far away from all my friends and family and I only have my bf (we live together) & we haven't been doing too good lately, we been arguing a lot & its adding more stress to the way I already feel. I'm also really broke and unemployed (got laid off) so Im just super stressed.
But I have a gym membership, just got the entire turbofire package & just went food shopping yesterday to stock up on all healthy foods so I have the tools its just the mindset im lacking.

I really feel like this will never happen and I'm terrified of being overweight the rest of my life. My weight is controlling my life and its driving me insane where Iv even had suicidal thoughts bc thats how depressed I am because of my weight. I need alot of help and support & unfortunately I don't have anyone around here that really understands or that can be there for me.

Im only in my 20's and have so many plans for my life and sadly its getting wasted away sitting in my house 24/7 feeling sad,lonely & depressed constantly bc I cant take the way I look and feel.

Im sorry I rambled on just feeling really sad right now and the days dwindling down and tomorrow I am supposed to start, once again on this weight loss journey & Im having a hard time motivating myself

thanks for reading
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #2  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 213/195/150

Height: 5'9''

Hi Tinkerbell. Virtual ((hug)). I'm so sorry you are this frustrated. Do you have a counselor you can go to? I'm very worried that you are having some seriously bad thoughts, and I can see that you are really alienated where you are. Maybe you can find a professional to talk to regarding weight loss and depression. I too had some depression issues a few years ago, and I went to a cognative therapist, which helped and continues to help me.

Personally, I know that you CAN do it, and 3FC can provide you with support regarding your weight loss, since your friends are so far away. I just posted about starting over, and you can read that post if you wish here:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ting-over.html
Jessica Committed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Sweetie, breathe! You can be victorious. Don't look back, why? It won't change anything. Make a fresh start! Today is the day for u to take back what's yours. I lost 30lbs earlier this year, gained it back and have lost 24lbs. I broke even but I'm still fighting. It's ur God given right to be healthy.
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

How many times did I fail before I was successful ? Too many to count. eventually I got tired of that and was succesful at losing and maintaining. You can be successful, too.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #5  
fake it till you make IT!

S/C/G: 312/264/199

thank u everyone
tinkerbelll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:20 PM   #6  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Too many to count. When you fall the only way back is up. Instead of saying "I'll start tomorrow" why don't you start right this minute? I know it's hard to stay motivated when you have other things going on in your life but you should put your health above everything. Time will pass by whether you exercise and eat right or not. Why waste it being depressed and miserable when you can change that and be happy and healthy?
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hugs!! Depression is very hard, you should find a professional to talk to. It could really help.
They can be expensive but maybe there is a social service agency you can go to?

Take care
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Can you get involved with a group or buddy where you check in daily, or almost? That kind of thing often helps, as you can look forward to being proud of yourself for sticking to healthful living with a pat on the back every 24 hours. You could probably find a buddy online, or join something like Overeaters Anonymous or Weight Watchers, which may have meetings nearly every evening in your area.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:12 PM   #9  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

According to your numbers above your height you've lost 60lbs. That is a major success!!! This is really a journey and apparently you've been at it a while. You've had some success and some not so successful moments. But you needed give up on yourself. Just keeping going one day at a time.

You said you gained weight while visiting your family? Why? Can you set yourself up for success next time by planning ahead? As for the depression if you feel suicidal then maybe some therapy is in order. Just talking it out a bit and recognizing where you can make changes in your thoughts or behavior. It could help.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #10  
Sue

S/C/G: 221/217/120

Height: 5' 3

I'm sending a big ((hug)) to you. Hang in there, you can do it.
Luvmyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #11  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

I am sending hugs your way. Depression can really suck! I know because I battle it too.
I will tell you that for the past couple of months I have be exercising on a regular basis and it really, really does make me feel better both mentally and physically. Get up and get moving. Start slowly and build up over time.
Losing weight is hard but it is doable. Hang in there hun. Things will look up!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 170/157/120

Height: 4'11"

I feel the same way and I am finally determined to start over this week.

Two years ago around this time I finally stuck to eating healthy and exercising and swore I wouldnt gain the weight back but 2 years later I'm back to where I was. I'm doing good with the diet now..
The thing is you can't think of it as a diet. It has to be a lifestyle change.. not something that is temporary.. and once you get down to a healthier weight you can eat some of those things that arent so healthy but you will learn to have smaller portions of them.

My best advise is to get a folder to carry around or a pad of paper, whatever youd like to do. Make a food diary and record EVERYTHING you eat. I personally count weight watchers points although I dont go to meetings I just follow the simple formula. Write down what you eat, how many points, and know your allowance for the day. Personally, I like to weigh every day but if you want to weigh once a week thats fine too but record your weight. When you see you are making progressive its very motivating. Ask your partner to be there for you and do this with you. Make sure there is no going to fast food and if you do go to dinner get something healthy like fish or salad or grilled chicken.. many resturants offer healthy options. Look at online menus before you go and read the nutrition facts!

I know its easier said that done but I promise you can do it!
I really believe the key to staying successfully is holding yourself accountable by keeping a food diary. You can do weight watchers by just following the points. If you can afford to join and go to meetings thats even better!

Hope this helps
ashxoxo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #13  

I gave up SOOO many times and tried so many years to loose the weight, finally last year I was serious, I stooped not believing in myself and told myself I can do it! and im doing it!! I slugged off here n there but never stopped believing n never gave up, b/c a year from now you will be happy you didnt!
LA85 is offline   Reply With Quote