Old 10-16-2011, 12:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 350+/172/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Fun shopping stuff

A close friend told me to go get exercise pants from lululemon because - direct quote- "they make your butt look amazing." I couldn't imagine what pants could do that would be worth $100 but figured I would go into the store and give it a try. Especially as nothing has ever made this behind look anything resembling amazing. They only run up to a 12 but are stretchy, and even though I am plus size and would usually have been mortified to walk into the store, I did and the people were really friendly. I tried on the pants and omg! Amazing! I NEVER like anything on myself and didn't want to take the pants off - I seriously looked completely different. It's CRAZY what these pants do for behinds!! Just saying...
Then I went into another store and was looking at a rack of shirts in the not plus-size department when a salesperson came up to me and asked if I needed help. That alone was startling, but I asked her if it came in an XL. She said "No, but the large in that should be fine for you" and I looked at her like she had three heads. She was wrong and the large was a little tight, but I couldn't believe she would even think it was a possibility. I feel like such a fraud even shopping in non-plus size stores and departments...
Then I came home and tried on some size 16 cutoffs I had thrown into my cart when I saw them on the $5 rack at KMart. And they fit...
This all feels so strange, especially since last year I was desperate to fit into a 24W and the last time I weighed myself I was 234 lbs (that was 2 weeks ago before my scale broke) and that sounds like so much to me. I feel kind of confused, but in a good way
freefall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 374/ticker/size 12

Height: 5'8"

Keep it up!! I want those pants too now. lol
oneLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:47 AM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

freefall, I get it! I absolutely LOVE Lululemon! Not only do I love their pants (which are their best item), but I also love their jackets and workout tops. In fact, I often just wear them around town even if I'm not working out. Congrats on loving them, but be careful...it can be a pricey little habit.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:23 AM   #4  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Which model workout pants? They have sooo many. Yoga pants, workout pants? I want to buy some now!
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:49 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

freefall, congratulations on a great loss !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:48 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Freefall - I hope you bought the pants because you certainly deserve to have a great looking butt after all the weight you've lost. You are doing such a fantastic job.

I know how you feel about going to the regular size section of stores. It was weird at first but it's SOOOO easy to get used to it!

Now I want a pair of those pants and the closest store is about 100 miles away from me. Add 200 miles worth of gas to the trip and the pants get really expensive! LOL.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 350+/172/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks all! Shr1nk1ngme - I got the groove and the groove crops and then in a moment of weakness this morning ordered the astro crop this morning because my friend was wearing them and they were on sale on the website... Luckymommy - totally a pricy little habit - and I can see how addictive! I'm done for a while (although a jacket...hmmm...) Lin - free delivery on lululemon.com... but hard to ascertain the sizing...
Thanks all for the support and understanding - and the opportunity for shopping talk
freefall is offline   Reply With Quote