Old 10-15-2011, 07:47 PM   #1  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Default points question

so this is my first week on WW online. I kept to my daily points almost perfectly until today and i used a bunch of weekly points today. Although I know they are there to use I feel like I should have had more control. Its just that on the weekends I am not as busy as during the week and I am kind of stuck at home alot because my DD is special needs and is sick often.

Plus I am worried that my official weigh in is tomorrow and I might have a bump in water retention department.
So you guys think its such a big deal as I am making? I am so new to this system that I don't know if its a bad thing . I am still well within my weekly points.
Thanks
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #2  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Haha, I love that your post showed up right now, because I'm going through something similar at the moment.

I've been in WW since January, and I *always* use my weekly points (I have a cheat night every Saturday.) But before tonight, I never actually calculated how many of my weekly points my treat actually used up...I just always thought, "OK, treat over, I'm just going to say I've used up my 49 points."

But a few days ago I signed up for eTools, and tonight I decided to track not only my meals during the day today, but also the points for my treat tonight. My jaw dropped almost to the floor when I did all the calculations and realized that I have consumed *65* points today. I felt like such a pig!

But then I sat down and actually looked at the numbers. Yes, okay, fine, I ate above and beyond my 29 daily points today. But I used 12 of my weekly points earlier in the week when I went out to eat. So that left me with 37 weeklies. Today I ate my 29 daily points, and used up 36 of the 37 weeklies I had left. So I didn't do anything I'm not "supposed" to do...it's just that the numbers look huge.

My advice to you (such as it is) is not to worry too much about the numbers themselves, just as long as you aren't going above and beyond ALL the allowances you have (your dailies, weeklies and any activity points you might build up.) Just keep an eye on your totals.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #3  
sun

snoofie thanks for the advice! Wow! You have lost so much already! Its funny cuz our point amounts are the same good to know u lost even with the treat day. I am well within my points for the week so now I feel better.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:03 PM   #4  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Yep, I've actually only had three gains during my nearly nine months with WW, and I *always* eat my weeklies, so I can say (at least for me personally) that using the weeklies has worked. Of course it's different for everyone, but I don't think *anyone* should beat themselves up if they use some of them, anyway. It's like I always tell myself: they're there for a reason.

Good luck with your weight loss! This is a great place for support.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #5  
sun

so nice to hear! I really can't wait to lose this weight! Its been over 3 years since I got pregnant and I really want my old body back. I am so excited to have all you ladies to talk to.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:10 PM   #6  
One Pound at a Time

S/C/G: 190/149/150

Height: 5'6"

I always use almost all of mine, and it's usually on the weekend!
OnceUponADrive is offline   Reply With Quote