Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 01:14 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Weekend Chat Saturday 10/15-Sunday 10/16

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE]
Old 10-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Good Morning, Planning a de-cluttering weekend at my house. Perhaps I'll wash windows one last time as the weather is getting cooler. Hope all the activity helps the whoosh fairy visit me!

Have a great OP weekend all!
Jo
Old 10-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #3  

Good morning all! CAn't sleep so got up early, which means I will probably crash at 8pm tonight! I've been in a "blah" state which means I am being careless with my diet. That extra Pure Protein bar a day is not going to help my weight loss. I really need to buckle down and get serious these next few days. Diet fatigue or whatever is setting in and I DON'T LIKE IT! I did buy some shrimp and had something different at supper time. I do a lot better when my hands are busy so I plan on doing more scrapbooking and cardmaking. I should be cleaning out my closets and decluttering too like JoLoMN. I looked and looked yesterday morning for my size 10 dressier jeans for casual Friday and couldn't find them. My closet is crammed with summer and larger size clothes. Time to move them out and get rid of the large sizes.

I went to a fundraiser last night and did NOT eat the potato bar. I bid on a few silent auction items and then called my DH to come down and eat supper and bought him some baked goods. I think I have had a lot of events this last week with the wedding out of town too which is kind of making me feel the blahness. On the other hand, I saw some people that were complimenting me on keeping my weight off so well. Most of them didn't know that I had gained 50 of the 105 pounds back that I had lost ten years ago with WW.

Have a great day everyone. We can do this. When I post more on this forum I am not so tempted to eat.

Last edited by sandyh50; 10-15-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

[QUOTE=sandyh50;4071661]Good morning all! CAn't sleep so got up early, which means I will probably crash at 8pm tonight! I've been in a "blah" state which means I am being careless with my diet. That extra Pure Protein bar a day is not going to help my weight loss. I really need to buckle down and get serious these next few days. Diet fatigue or whatever is setting in and I DON'T LIKE IT! I did buy some shrimp and had something different at supper time. I do a lot better when my hands are busy so I plan on doing more scrapbooking and cardmaking. I should be cleaning out my closets and decluttering too like JoLoMN. I looked and looked yesterday morning for my size 10 dressier jeans for casual Friday and couldn't find them. My closet is crammed with summer and larger size clothes. Time to move them out and get rid of the large sizes. [QUOTE]

Sandy, You look fabulous! I know the diet fatigue is hard to fight, but you are so worth it! Put yourself first and push through. Clean out your closet: get rid of all that doesn't fit you and you'll find you can get dressed so much faster as you can see and find everything - and it will only be the fun stuff in your closet that you like, fits you, and makes you look great!

Last edited by JoLoMN; 10-15-2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: quote bracket missing
Old 10-15-2011, 07:50 AM   #5  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

It is a nice fall day today. I have been putting a lot of things off - closing my pool - I always wait until the middle of October because I want to make sure there are no more warm days for the algae to grow. I am picking two of my grandchildren up and taking them to the pumpkin patch this afternoon. They will stay the night and I pick up snacks for them, but I try to get stuff I don't like and they do. I have to say this - I am not very accepting of the fact that I have to relose some of the weight I had already lost. I am going to do it and try and learn from it, but it still "irks" the heck out of me. I was so close to goal and I sometimes wonder if I just got scared of that.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 10-15-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:09 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I started off my morning with a 159 on the scale! Not quite a pound down from Thursday but I'll take what I can get since TOM will be here this week when I weigh in. Won't record it but I'll enjoy it while it lasts! Everything went down hill from there though. I was going to do some touch up painting I've been asking my husband to do and I can't find a paint brush to save my life. Then I went to change my Scentsy warmer and spilled wax everywhere! I finally gave up and sat to do some homework and my girls came down yelling at each other already! As if that wasn't enough, my dog just tried eating out of the little box and now I have litter all over. Ugh! I need to start this day over!

I have a wedding tonight and it's a coworker of my husbands at his part time job so I have no clue what we are having. If they were closer to me I would've asked. I am not going to eat before I go just in case there is something I can have. I will have a bar with me for if I get super hungry and we will come home and I will eat if there is nothing I can have. I will make it work so that new decade sticks around!

Last edited by ItsAboutTime; 10-15-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:18 AM   #7  

Thanks JoLo for the encouragement, I will push through this!

Rosemary, Use the feeling and I quote you that you "have to relose some of the weight I had already lost. I am going to do it and try and learn from it, but it still "irks" the heck out of me", anyway, use that feeling to motivate you to do this. Your Pics are awesome from before so you know that it is doable. Have fun at the pumpkin patch with the grandkids. I want my grandkids to take pics when they go in Oregon so I can scrapbook them.

Lynsey, AWESOME on seeing 159!!! I saw 161 this morning and am so ready for the 150's too. That is why I am posting on here so I can get the impetus to push through to my goal. WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 08:19 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I too go to school and have girls. What do you go to school for and how old are your girls?
I am going for special education and my girls are 8 and 5.
So far no fighting here but I am sure once they wake up a bit more things will get going.
I am doing homework too. Got a few papers to write today
Old 10-15-2011, 09:07 AM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!
Discovered my issue later yesterday afternoon...head cold. My head is so full and yucky feeling this morning Plenty of fluids are on my list today (as every day, just prolly more hot fluids than usual)
Hope everyone has a great OP, non-sick day!!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:14 AM   #10  

Get well DollFAce!

I forgot to tell you that I made an apptment to get my blood drawn on Thurs. I am curious what the results will be after being on IP for 16 weeks. What did you guys see on your lab results after 4 months? I am assuming the protein level will be high. Anything I should watch out for?

I also am getting a haircut on Thurs. Time for a new me!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #11  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Has the wind shifted?

2 cheat threads, a worried, a terrified, a discouraged. Must be the east wind.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:37 AM   #12  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. I am so glad it is Saturday. Last night I had a stress attack. I had 2 projects added to an already busy work load. I was driving home feeling stressed, but starting making plans..ie I will have my snack and drink my favorite tea. I watched dr.Oz. Well, I did this..but it did not work. I honestly had to keep telling myself..you can get through this..you will feel fine in an hr..Then my sister called me with another emotional stress problem. Then my daughter also called with a problem. I switched to my sweetest herbal tea and drank it really hot..Finally I felt normal again. This morning I can wake up and be happy with myself..

JoLo..decluttering burns off energy! Hope it helps with your WI. Fall really is a time to clean out things and get ready for winter.

Sandy..You are doing a great job of fending off many social situations! How nice that people are complimenting you on your weight loss. Hope cooking something new and keeping busy helps with the diet fatigue. It is a long long process.

Rosemary: I have also regained weight in the past. Keep telling yourself that this time you will do it and keep it off..and that it is a lifestyle change. Picking pumpkins with grandkids sounds like a perfect day for the fall.

Itsabouttime: so nice you are in the 50s. Your morning sounds like my afternoon yesterday. Hope you a good time at the wedding. There has got to be something IP friendly there. Good idea on keeping a bar in your purse.
Ryuu..Special Ed is a great field to study..plus marketable! I work with many Sped kids.
Dollfacebella..Hope you are feeling better..It seems to be the cold season!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #13  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Default Saturday!

Happy Saturday IP friends!

Busy Weekend ahead but I don't think it will bring many challenges as far as IP program luckily.

Yesterday, I had mentioned that a friend and I were considering a winery. Well, it was pretty windy and damp-ish (probably not a word-but you get my meaning-lol) here last night. She just started Nutri-system yesterday and is uber-supportive of my IP program, plus no one else was free to join us so we made alternate plans.

We decided to eat our snacks before we went, take our water, and not eat out! We went to the Mall and did some window shopping for when we reach goal-just some dreamin' and really enjoyed it. I find looking at clothes very motivational. Then we did grocery shopping for our diet needs for the week-hitting the produce section hard! Our last stop was at Walmart and I found the SF davinci syrups. Didn't have the Pumpkin Pie I was searching for but did find SF hazelnut. YUM! I took along a salad with grilled chicken, boiled egg, and my olive oil and vinegar dressing and ate it in the car.

I am happy that we made the decisions that we did because this a.m. I was down 1.2 pounds from yesterday-woohoo-and weigh in is not until next Tuesday.

On another note, I was very hungry all day yesterday-more hungry than I have been since the first day or two of this diet-and I am starting IP Day #20 today. I firmly believe it is due to a hormonal flucuation where I am at in my cycle. Hopefully I can continue to just plow through and it will straighten itself out again. Lots of water, extra protein tonight, and munching on the veggies! Last night I was pretty hungry mid-evening so I had a cup of hot tea with one equal packet and that helped. I have used that trick before successfully-the hot liquid seems to fill me up a bit.

Here's to a great Saturday everyone!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #14  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Get well DollFAce!

I forgot to tell you that I made an apptment to get my blood drawn on Thurs. I am curious what the results will be after being on IP for 16 weeks. What did you guys see on your lab results after 4 months? I am assuming the protein level will be high. Anything I should watch out for?

I also am getting a haircut on Thurs. Time for a new me!
Sandy..My blood tests showed a high Ketone level..which is the ketosis. The rest were low..no other flags. Blood sugar was low...!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:43 AM   #15  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Happy Saturday IP friends!

Busy Weekend ahead but I don't think it will bring many challenges as far as IP program luckily.

Yesterday, I had mentioned that a friend and I were considering a winery. Well, it was pretty windy and damp-ish (probably not a word-but you get my meaning-lol) here last night. She just started Nutri-system yesterday and is uber-supportive of my IP program, plus no one else was free to join us so we made alternate plans.

We decided to eat our snacks before we went, take our water, and not eat out! We went to the Mall and did some window shopping for when we reach goal-just some dreamin' and really enjoyed it. I find looking at clothes very motivational. Then we did grocery shopping for our diet needs for the week-hitting the produce section hard! Our last stop was at Walmart and I found the SF davinci syrups. Didn't have the Pumpkin Pie I was searching for but did find SF hazelnut. YUM! I took along a salad with grilled chicken, boiled egg, and my olive oil and vinegar dressing and ate it in the car.

I am happy that we made the decisions that we did because this a.m. I was down 1.2 pounds from yesterday-woohoo-and weigh in is not until next Tuesday.

On another note, I was very hungry all day yesterday-more hungry than I have been since the first day or two of this diet-and I am starting IP Day #20 today. I firmly believe it is due to a hormonal flucuation where I am at in my cycle. Hopefully I can continue to just plow through and it will straighten itself out again. Lots of water, extra protein tonight, and munching on the veggies! Last night I was pretty hungry mid-evening so I had a cup of hot tea with one equal packet and that helped. I have used that trick before successfully-the hot liquid seems to fill me up a bit.

Here's to a great Saturday everyone!
That was a very inspiring post! I feel like I live in the produce section. My son could not believe how much lettuce I buy. I am going looking for Davinci syrups also.
Drinking hot tea..with a sweet flavor also really helps my hunger.
Good news on the pound down.
Closed Thread