Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/11/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #2  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning everyone! I just have a few minutes to lurk around this morning before I wake the boys up for school. It was a busy weekend for me, and then a busy day yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to post. Today, I am going grocery shopping because my pantry is quite bare. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Obviously I need more coffee! I just posted this on Monday's thread! Here is a copy and paste!

Well, today is my 2nd official weigh-in. In my head I had set my goal for 2 pounds, but of course the bigger the better! I had a significant lose on week #1 so I know how my body reacts-it usually gives me a little after a big drop but not a huge number again. We will see at 2:15!

I purchase my packets individually and enough for the week ahead. Silly but I got a little excited last week to see 21 new packets. I have some favorites, but I try to order 1 or 2 new items per week so I can try all the diffferent ones. Almost like Christmas when I get to dive into the bag and see what I have-LOL

I won't be able to eat lunch today until after my appt. They are also testing my resting metabolic rate to see how many calories I burn "at rest" per day. I am not able to eat 4 hours before that but can have water. I will have a herb omelet this morning so that should tied me over. I am anxious to hear my metabolic measurement.

Here's to a great Tuesday for everyone! I will stop in later tonight and update my ticker!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:29 AM   #4  

Here is another post that I accidently put on Monday's thread this a.m.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzyizzy View Post
Hi again,

boyz4us, you're right, we're pretty similar in stats. Let's see how we do!

I had my initial consultation with my coach today and he seems great overall... he got me measured and set up, and I was blow away by my percent body fat being 36%! I don't even want to put that number in writing, but I need to stay at honest as possible here.

36% is officially in the "at risk" group. That's a wake up call!

I officially start the protocol on Friday. I'm going to try to start weening off the carbs and sugar for the next four days in an attempt to make the transition easier.

Happy Monday to all.
I am glad to hear you had a great consultation and are set to go! Yes, the numbers are a bit scary to admit but you are right-honesty and no excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink parrothead View Post
Down another 3 pounds - only 3 from goal! I decided to stay on Phase I for one more week to give myself a little cushion and to make my life simple. DH went for a physical last Thurs., had to take a stress test on Fri., failed that, was put in the hospital and had an angiogram. They found 100% blockage in the biggest artery in his heart and put a stent in. The nickname for what they found is called "the widow maker". The great news is that is was found and he is doing great. I'm closing in in Phase II and he now HAS to change his eating habits, which will make eating together so much easier.
So sorry to hear of your husband's need for a stent. Thankfully he went in for the physical and the doc was proactive doing a stress test! I would think it would be easier being on plan when your spouse is also eating in that manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
where are you from Boyz?
I live in the Midwest (USA). Thanks for asking!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #5  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. I am up early and celebrating a one pound loss... which means one pound from goal.

Paint Lady: My weekend was busy also as was yesterday. I am not my normally prepared self for the week. Have fun shopping.

Boyz4us. My BMI which labeled me as obese was also shocking to me. Yours will go down to normal if you stay on this program. Good luck on your WI today.

PinkParrotHead: I am sorry to hear about your husband, but do hear that the stents really work well. I am glad your husband is doing better. Also congratulations on being so near goal.

Itsabouttime.. I love your new picture. You look great.

JennyDoodle: great on reaching the 30s.

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Maile; 10-11-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!! I hope everyone's day is starting off well!! I got on the scale this morning and saw 180.8 I'm really hoping to break into a new decade tomorrow. I know it's a lot but it could happen. The last time I was in the 170's was right before I got pregnant with my youngest, I lost 40 lbs using the Shaklee shakes and was very proud of myself, but it will be awesome to pass that number.

I had a fun little NSV the other day. I'm not really great at remembering to take pictures of my kids, and I certainly never allow people to take pictures of me, but the other day I was out side playing with my kids and taking their pictures and on a whim took one of those "arm way out" shots of my daughter and I and I LOVE it!!! It's actually the background on our computer. Granted it's just of my face but I can totally tell I've lost weight there (which is funny because I didn't think I had any weight to lose in my face).

Lots of walking in store for me today. We're heading to the zoo, it should be a beautiful day for it!! I know we're stopping somewhere to get the kids food on the way home, so I will have my bar and veggies packed and ready to go. I hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Obviously I need more coffee! I just posted this on Monday's thread! Here is a copy and paste!

Well, today is my 2nd official weigh-in. In my head I had set my goal for 2 pounds, but of course the bigger the better! I had a significant lose on week #1 so I know how my body reacts-it usually gives me a little after a big drop but not a huge number again. We will see at 2:15!

I purchase my packets individually and enough for the week ahead. Silly but I got a little excited last week to see 21 new packets. I have some favorites, but I try to order 1 or 2 new items per week so I can try all the diffferent ones. Almost like Christmas when I get to dive into the bag and see what I have-LOL
Good luck on your WI today!!! I'm the opposite of you. I know the foods I like (my coach sells by the packet too) and I stick with what I like. 1 box cappuccino, 1 box Raspberry Jelly and then a mix of 7 bars or other easy grab and go restricteds. Isn't it funny how we all get into our own little habits?
Old 10-11-2011, 07:58 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! I hope everyone's day is starting off well!! I got on the scale this morning and saw 180.8 I'm really hoping to break into a new decade tomorrow. I know it's a lot but it could happen. The last time I was in the 170's was right before I got pregnant with my youngest, I lost 40 lbs using the Shaklee shakes and was very proud of myself, but it will be awesome to pass that number.

I had a fun little NSV the other day. I'm not really great at remembering to take pictures of my kids, and I certainly never allow people to take pictures of me, but the other day I was out side playing with my kids and taking their pictures and on a whim took one of those "arm way out" shots of my daughter and I and I LOVE it!!! It's actually the background on our computer. Granted it's just of my face but I can totally tell I've lost weight there (which is funny because I didn't think I had any weight to lose in my face).

Lots of walking in store for me today. We're heading to the zoo, it should be a beautiful day for it!! I know we're stopping somewhere to get the kids food on the way home, so I will have my bar and veggies packed and ready to go. I hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Good luck on your WI today!!! I'm the opposite of you. I know the foods I like (my coach sells by the packet too) and I stick with what I like. 1 box cappuccino, 1 box Raspberry Jelly and then a mix of 7 bars or other easy grab and go restricteds. Isn't it funny how we all get into our own little habits?
Yes, I definately have my favorites that I buy each week. Love the capp and the chicken and brocoli soups, oh and the herb omelet is good. I usually try a new snack or so just to see what I think about it! The raspberry gelatin had a good flavor and a nice amount, but I am not a huge jello fan in general.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I peeked at the scale this morning and was up a pound from Sunday but I'm not the least bit worried because I've had some "C" issues since Saturday and I also ate a taco salad last night with the seasoning from the packet so I'm sure it's just the sodium. My husband made them while I did homework so I didn't want to complain.

Hope everyone has great weigh ins today and the rest of the week.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:04 AM   #9  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Good Morning!

I took the day off - yay! Not from IP though. Love reading the posts - had totally forgotten about Shaklee products! Last week I thought I was having muscle cramps from low K, but now I'm thinking it's my restless leg med!! So easy to blame things on a dietary change, when it may be something else entirely. So last week I ate some more veges and a bit of banana to make sure I was OK. Back on track this week!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:54 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratfancy View Post
I took the day off - yay! Not from IP though. Love reading the posts - had totally forgotten about Shaklee products! Last week I thought I was having muscle cramps from low K, but now I'm thinking it's my restless leg med!! So easy to blame things on a dietary change, when it may be something else entirely. So last week I ate some more veges and a bit of banana to make sure I was OK. Back on track this week!
If I forget to take my mag/cal before bed I get cramps in my legs during the night. I just wake up and go take them. They REALLY help me.

It was fun to see the scale go down a little after my travels this weekend. I was suppose to be traveling today but we came back a day early. I had already canceled my IP appt. due to traveling so I will weigh in next Wed., it will be exciting to see what 2 weeks will bring. I want to be in the 150's by next Wed.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #11  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default Survived Thanksgiving and a Birthday :)

Good morning everyone,

I couldn't wait all this long weekend to come back to this site and report to all you amazing people how I did it , I survived and I did well, all this because of your support.

So, as you all know it was Thankgiving weekend here in Canada, I was a little bit scared of it since I knew I would be away from home with a long long drive back and forth.

Here is how my victory went: on Thankgiving day, while everybody ate Turkey with gravy, I ate the white meat with no skin and no gravy, what was mashed potatoes for others was mashed rutabaga for me with no butter, or anything else added to it. I brought a big bowl of a green salad made of lettuce and cucumbers with 1 tsp of olive oil and just a little bit of lemon juice and some sea salt and I filled my plate with it. I ate some ham without any pineapple sauce, I scraped all I could.

Desert time, carrot cupcakes and cherry chocolate cake for everyone else with ice cream, for me, it was a thick IP pudding with some ice (which looked like ice cream).

And the amazing trick I learnt about filling our flavored water in a glass wine, that was amazing, the first day I had ''red wine'' made of the Berry Chrystal light with splenda, I have to admit the color did not really fool anyone as it appeared not to be wine, more of a juice, but I swear to God, the second day when I had the Iced tea Chrystal light, that really looked exactly like white wine which everyone else was having.

We had the perfect weather we could ever dream of, we went to a corn maze and we picked some pumpkin with the kids (my lovely nieces). My step daughter and my hubby even went on the water on the jet ski, who would think we can do such a thing in October. It was amazingly warm and sunny.

What was driving me crazy all this time was that I was away from my scale, I weigh myself daily and there I was away from it wondering what I might have lost, I was really going crazy to know. Once we arrived home, after a 4.30 hour drive, the first thing I did, I weighed myself and I saw a difference on the old scale I have in my apartment, but this is not my weigh-in scale, I know it is not very accurate and I know that there is a -4 pound difference. So today, as I came to my work, I passed by my mom, where my digital scale is and guess what ?!!!! I went down from 209.8 to 205! I was so happy and delighted that I did it, I succeeded into sticking to the program and I lost weight.

THANK YOU everyone for all your support, I am sure I would not have done it without you.

Old 10-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #12  
cinammon

S/C/G: 202.8/187.6/145

Height: 5' 1"

Hi everyone,
I did amazing over Thanksgiving. Three events 1) ordered my veggies, salad and salmon at the restaurant, 2) family dinner ate salad, cooked peppers and ham 3) family turkey dinner – took a huge tossed salad so I new I had something, mushrooms and beans, and turkey. For dessert I made vanilla pudding and took ½ of a bar ground it up and sprinkled on top, no drinking just water and tea and was the designated driver.

Kudos to me. So I have weighed myself at work because the scales are calibrated the same and yesterday would have been my weigh-in. I did not lose anything. When I measured myself I was 1 ½ inches larger around my midsection.

I’m trying to convince myself it is the TOM, but really?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning,

Pinkparrothead - my husband scared me half to death this past March. I wasn't home and he had a heart attack 3 blocked arteries, 90%,90% & 95% and had 3 stents put in. The doctor told him how lucky he was. He was only 55. He has lost 30 lbs and is super-thin (6'4" 200 lbs) and feels great, he went to a great cardiac rehab, he said he hasn't felt this good in years.

Peeked at the scale this am, I am in a new decade, lets hope it stays that way for friday's WI.

Sandralosing - you are doing a fantastic job!

Welcome back Sandy, love your new pic!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

Only had time to skim through the threads on the weekend. Way to go Busymom, lookie you over 40 lbs LOST!

Maile, way to go on being only 1 lb from goal, I love your ticker it gives me hope!

Wildflower, thanks for sharing your before and after's, you look GORGEOUS, GORGE girl, GORGE!

I had a hard turkey dinner on Sunday, I stayed focused but I even wrote in my food diary "thanksgiving was hard, but it was only for this year" lol. I kept repeating that to myself "only this year missy, only this year!". I used rhubarb in place of cranberries and it totally worked. And I did sprinkle some poultry seasoning on a bit of my turkey to see if it would have that extra 'stuffing' taste, it kinda did...but it didn't replace it so I just took a long whiff of the stuffing. I had a rhubarb crisp for my dessert - long after everyone left the table though. But my auntie and mom had tea with me at the table as I ate my dessert. Interestingly enough, EVERYONE kept wanting to try my food and I kept saying 'back off, get your own sandwich!' (subway commercial line in case you don't get the reference). Everyone in my family is so supportive, they didn't even pass me some of the platters, lol. I'm so well loved!

All your NSV's this weekend and yesterday really helped, so even though I wasn't posting I gained strength by reading your focus, thanks for sharing!

Have a great day!

Last edited by Ishbel; 10-11-2011 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 AM   #15  
Aspiring Goddess

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

Good Morning all!

After failing to do so the past few days, I finally got all my water in yesterday. For me at least, that is so much harder than it seems

I took all my measurements this morning. Even though I've lost 11.2 pounds, I've only lost one inch off my hips and none off my waist - is that normal? Where is the weight loss coming from?
Closed Thread