Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 11:42 AM   #1  

Post A New ME!!!

Hello out there!!! I'm new to 3FC and am so excited to find a website/forum to help encourage and motivate me to lose weight and become healthy. I can't wait to see a NEW healthier ME!!!

Over the past 4 years I have let my weight balloon out of control from 165 lbs to 232 lbs. I recently realized I have to do something about it while I still can. I started Jan 6th reducing portions and watching what I ate. After 4 weeks of doing this, no results in weight loss. However, I could tell a difference in my clothes (measured hips, bust, thigh), although not much. This past weekend Feb 1st, I went out and bought a treadmill. I walked 1 1/2 miles Feb 1st, and walked 2 miles Feb 2nd. I am still watching what I eat, but I think the cardio workout on the treadmill is going to make the difference.

Is there anyone out there in similar situation? Can you give me some advice? I'm desperate to loose at least 30-40 lbs by August 1st. Is this even possible? I'm quitting my job and moving back to Mississippi (hometown), and want to lose a portion of the weight I've gained since I moved here to Arkansas. I really wish I could lose all the weight I've gained since I moved here, but that is 62 lbs and probably wouldn't be healthy.

Any and all suggestions will be helpful...I'm determined to lose weight/inches the right way!!!
Old 02-03-2003, 01:14 PM   #2  
moe

Hello. It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. I too have gained weight recently. Although, I have always went up and down in weight as long as I can remember. After I got married which was 2 years ago, I put on 30 pounds. That is what I am dealing with now. I am also using the treadmill everyday exept for Sunday.
Good luck and keep us informed about your progress. It takes a while to lose weight so be patient ...... it will pay off. And, I bet you are feeling better already!!
Old 02-03-2003, 01:59 PM   #3  

Thanks for the encouragement. I need it!!!

I feel so confused about diets and exercise, because there is so much information out there!!! I don't know what to do... I have tried many things over the years and nothing seems to work. My main problem is that I can't stay motivated.. and when I don't see results quickly.. I give up!!! I don't want to do that this time, that's why I joined 3FC. Maybe having to account for my weight will force me to do something about it.
Old 02-03-2003, 03:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey Shar,

Sounds like you are in the same boat as alot of us. This site is nice because you realize you are not alone.

There is a group of us on the thread "Angel's Better Body Challenge"... we would love for you to join us. We are all doing something alittle different but give each other ideas and encouragement.

I hope to see you there... and even if I dont I wish you luck.... Dont get discouraged... it is all the little steps that will get you to where you want to be....
Old 02-03-2003, 04:45 PM   #5  

Just to let you know that I've beein in weight watchers for just over 7 months now and i've lost a total of 45 lbs so far. They say that an average of 1 - 2 lbs per week is the maxiumum a person should lose... I agree with that but i've had weeks where i've lost like 5 lbs and i've had other weeks where i've only lost like 0.2 lbs or i've gained. So, you can't let any little detours set you back...hang in there! The cardio is what really helps take the weight off, as well as smaller portions and less fat. ww tells it members that at least 20 mins of exercise is necessary to help take it off...at least 3 times a week. When i first started, I would run only 20 mins but now i'm a crazy workout girl...the cardio definately helps. Also, toning up your muscles really helps too...3 times a week is good.
Hope this helps. Good luck in your weight loss journey!
Old 02-04-2003, 09:49 AM   #6  
moe

WOW shar0218. Is that a picture of you .... you are so pretty!!
Old 02-04-2003, 10:03 AM   #7  

Post Thank You!!

Yes it is me... Thank you for your kind words... The good thing about my picture is that you can't see my body. The picture is from Aug 2002 and about 15 lbs lighter. I haven't taken any recent pictures because I just can't stand to look at myself. I actually will be taking some before pictures in the next day or 2 so I will have a reference for my weight loss.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:54 AM   #8  
moe

shar0218, how have you been making out this week? Just thinking about you.
Take care!!!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:46 AM   #9  

Hello Moe!!

I've been doing pretty good. The treadmill is working out GREAT!!! I haven't lost any weight yet, but I'm starting to feel much better...

Also, I have modified my diet. So, hopefully soon I will see some results... even if it is 1 or 2 lbs!!!

Thanks for asking... Hope all is good in your neighborhood.

By the way, feel free to read my journal.. that is where I'm keeping track of all my meals and exercise.

Have a GREAT day!!!
Closed Thread