Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 10/10/11

]Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-10-2011, 05:42 AM   #2  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Welcome Monday... Hope everyone had a great weekend!!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Hi everyone I just wanted to check in at the beginning of the week and say hello.
Today will be day 7 of Phase 3. Of course I very much enjoy breakfast each day but it was hard to get used to the fact that it was "ok" to be eating what I was eating and not feel guilty. I am surprised to say I haven't gained any weight yet. Do you know when that is supposed to happen? I was expecting to be up 2-3 by now but am grateful of course that I haven't.

I hope everyone is doing well and Happy belated Thanksgiving to those who had one, hopefully you all were successful in your resisting of temptation. I never did have a major Holiday like that while on IP early phases and it looks like I won't have to (this time?). However, I survived many events sort of similar, graduation receptions, lots of traveling and dining out, watching friends order pizza and drink, well, we've all been there! its LIFE… food is such a big part of life! Now, I've rambled. Will spend the next week studying and planning what to eat for Maintenance. I would like to post a before/after picture today….

EDIT - Ok, for those interested I posted my before/after in my profile. I wish I had taken formal photos along the way but I did not so that is the best I can do! (It shows my 52.6 lb loss, size 16 to 6) First pic is just days before starting IP and 2nd two are at goal weight. (Although, those in the fb group already can see a pic of me I will probably be removing it later today since I'm not used to putting my pics up on here!) I call it "Bringing SEXY back!!!"

Last edited by wildflower613; 10-10-2011 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #4  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Good morning! Have a great day. It will be 80 again today in Illinois. Yea! By the grace of God I am on plan today.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #5  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Good Morning!

Welcome Allison! I am also 5-3 and our weights/goals are very similiar! I have been on IP 2 weeks today and have my 2nd weigh-in tomorrow.

I did not have to work today due to Columbus Day. Nice way to start off the weekend. Had hoped to sleep in a bit but unfortunately DH does have to work and haring him shower and getting ready woke me. Oh, well, gives me some extra coffee time and time of the boards.

I have my 2nd weigh-in tomorrow plus will have a ketone urine check and have my RMR (resting metabolic rate) assessed. I am interested in seeing what that number is!

I worked on my weekly family menu last night. Sometimes I find this diet is challenging (any diet really) to think of interesting things to cook/lean proteins while following a strict budget. Meats, etc are so expensive lately.

Would love to hear what other Ph I posters are having for their evening meals!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Hi everyone I just wanted to check in at the beginning of the week and say hello.
Today will be day 7 of Phase 3. Of course I very much enjoy breakfast each day but it was hard to get used to the fact that it was "ok" to be eating what I was eating and not feel guilty. I am surprised to say I haven't gained any weight yet. Do you know when that is supposed to happen? I was expecting to be up 2-3 by now but am grateful of course that I haven't.

I hope everyone is doing well and Happy belated Thanksgiving to those who had one, hopefully you all were successful in your resisting of temptation. I never did have a major Holiday like that while on IP early phases and it looks like I won't have to (this time?). However, I survived many events sort of similar, graduation receptions, lots of traveling and dining out, watching friends order pizza and drink, well, we've all been there! its LIFE… food is such a big part of life! Now, I've rambled. Will spend the next week studying and planning what to eat for Maintenance. I would like to post a before/after picture today….

EDIT - Ok, for those interested I posted my before/after in my profile. I wish I had taken formal photos along the way but I did not so that is the best I can do! (It shows my 52.6 lb loss, size 16 to 6) First pic is just days before starting IP and 2nd two are at goal weight. (Although, those in the fb group already can see a pic of me I will probably be removing it later today since I'm not used to putting my pics up on here!) I call it "Bringing SEXY back!!!"
Wow-you look Amazing!! Were you doing anything as far as toning (esp. your abs) during your weight loss. I am 5-3 also, although quite a bit older than you!, but this is very inspirational! Congratulations!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
[I]EDIT - Ok, for those interested I posted my before/after in my profile.
Congratulations! You look amazing. What I like best is your big smile!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:28 AM   #8  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Wildlower: Post you new pictures. You look absolutely beautiful. I am noticing that you not only reached goal but are 5 pounds below. Wonderful. People on the Maintainers' thread have said that not everyone gained on Phase 3. In reading the IP Phase 3 pages..he mentioned that a weight gain could come in Phase 3 or the beginning of Phase 4.
Are you eating those breakfasts that you sent me on the spreadsheet?

Jellymae: I just realized we are both in the state of Washington. It is cool here this am.

Rosemary: I envy your 80 degrees. Hope IP works well for you today.

Happy Monday. My whole family is up early so getting of to work gets hectic. Thank goodness I made lunch ahead.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:34 AM   #9  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Good Morning!

Welcome Allison! I am also 5-3 and our weights/goals are very similiar! I have been on IP 2 weeks today and have my 2nd weigh-in tomorrow.

I did not have to work today due to Columbus Day. Nice way to start off the weekend. Had hoped to sleep in a bit but unfortunately DH does have to work and haring him shower and getting ready woke me. Oh, well, gives me some extra coffee time and time of the boards.

I have my 2nd weigh-in tomorrow plus will have a ketone urine check and have my RMR (resting metabolic rate) assessed. I am interested in seeing what that number is!

I worked on my weekly family menu last night. Sometimes I find this diet is challenging (any diet really) to think of interesting things to cook/lean proteins while following a strict budget. Meats, etc are so expensive lately.

Boyz4us: For dinners I get frozen fish and chicken from Costco. Meat is expensive and the frozen packages are cheaper. Sometimes I cook a meal for my family and pull out a piece of fish or a turkey burger for me. They are used to it.
Good luck on your second weigh in tomorrow.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

So I'm trying to make some tough decisions this week. With the holidays coming up and traveling and everything being on IP doesn't give us enough wiggle room in the budget to be comfortable. I am thinking about phasing off and then starting again in Jan, or maybe just switching to alternatives but I just can't decide. I'm having such great success that I really don't want to mess anything up but it's hard for me to spend this much money when there are so many other things we need this time of year.

Decisions decisions, I guess I'll wait until after my WI this morning, and talk to my coach. She's going to be at an IP conference next week so I need two weeks of food anyways. Maybe she'll give me the phase 2 sheet so I can make the decision on my own.

Good luck to all those that WI today!! I WI at 9:30 and am super excited!!

Quote:

You look AMAZING!!! I think you may have just given me the inspiration to stay OP until I'm done. Can I ask you how long you were on P1 for? We're about the same height and my current weight is about where you started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyz4us View Post
Good Morning!

I have pretty much the same thing every night. I fix the family a meal and I thaw out two tilapia fillets and roast veggies (usually cauliflower) on the same pan. The past week I did have eggs a couple of times, but for the most part I stick with fish.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #11  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Wildflower613, You look amazing! You actually lost that much weight since July? Way to go! You inspire me to keep going and get the weight that I have gained, back off and finally reach my goal. Thank you for sharing your photos!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #12  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
You look amazing! So glad Phase 3 is working out for you, I'm still not looking forward to it lol.
I've been "flatlining" the last couple of weeks and TOM is due to visit on Wednesday, I WI tomorrow, still hoping for a nice loss...2-3 lbs. Missed out on veggies at Thanksgiving dinner...Mom promised a tossed salad but was talked out of it cause there was enough other stuff, none of which I could eat. So I ate my turkey quietly in the kitchen and drank tons of water. Hopefully it doesn't mess up my WI too much tomorrow. I'm getting tired of "failing".
Old 10-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Okay, Wildflower, I was just fantasizing about a piece of toast today, but after seeing your photos, I've found my willpower again. You look fabulous!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
You look amazing! So glad Phase 3 is working out for you, I'm still not looking forward to it lol.
I've been "flatlining" the last couple of weeks and TOM is due to visit on Wednesday, I WI tomorrow, still hoping for a nice loss...2-3 lbs. Missed out on veggies at Thanksgiving dinner...Mom promised a tossed salad but was talked out of it cause there was enough other stuff, none of which I could eat. So I ate my turkey quietly in the kitchen and drank tons of water. Hopefully it doesn't mess up my WI too much tomorrow. I'm getting tired of "failing".
I am sorry that your meal was more difficult than you had planned and a salad wasn't available. Good for you for being strong!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #15  

Default Calories

How many calories are y'all averaging in a day? I find I do better when I get between 800-900 but somedays are around 700. Just wondering if there is a minimum we are supposed to get. Thanks!
Closed Thread