Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Default One day at a time

Today I woke up in the morning and said to myself ok it's a brand new day again let's make the best of it and I see it as if I'm trying to knock down one day at a time till I reach my goal weight. If I could execute each day perfectly I would be at goal weight in no time but as we all know it there are those uh-oh I slipped up days which suck. Does anybody look at weight loss as taking it one day at a time?
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:03 PM   #2  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

What type of food plan are you on? This is a life long commitment to changing your eating habits. If you go back to your old eating habits, you will gain the weight back.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

It's kind of like one pound at a time for me... but i want to start focusing more on just healthy overall rather than just getting to the goal.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #4  

I take it one day at a time, absolutely. I am determined to take off the excess weight, and then keep it off forever on maintenance.

It takes a great effort on my part. I post every little thing I eat on my diet page on LoseIt.com. It has worked well for me and I have lost over 40 pounds. One pound every week comes off.

I count my calories and eat whatever I want, but it is all healthy food and a balanced diet. I have eliminated all the junk with the empty calories and pre-packaged snacks.

I come here for support and to mingle with all you lovely people. There are a lot of amazing people on this website.

That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier,
but that our ability to perform it has improved.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)
JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #5  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I like the one step at a time mentality. Insert any time interval into that statement. Or even throw some nouns in there. One hour at a time, one week at a time, one decision at a time, one meal at a time. Sometimes, quite literally, one step at a time. One step at a time away from the cookie tin in the break room, lol.

When I'm doing well and feeling very in control, I can go for a whole week perfectly on plan without much effort. Or, there are times like, well, now when I feel good if I make it one hour on plan.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #6  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I am def a more "one pound" at a time girl. I like the idea of not focusing all on the goal. I am SO impatient I just want to wake up and be skinny. lol Bummer that can't happen..

I have good and bad days. Some days I wake up completely motivated and doing everything I should.. other days I wake up and just want to binge eat my life away. But I know we all go through good and bad and we just have to keep pushing through the bad
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeLoserAgain View Post
What type of food plan are you on? This is a life long commitment to changing your eating habits. If you go back to your old eating habits, you will gain the weight back.
I'm not on any type of food plan I usually just eat what I want in moderation and exercise. That's what I did last time when I lost weight maybe that's why I gained weight back because I didn't have a certain plan to follow. You just made me realized I need to find a plan that fits me or else I'm just going to gain weight back again. I think I will probably count calories like JOLINA.

JOLINA- thanks for showing the site you use to count calories I'm going to try that site out tomorrow

Andrbeck- I totally know how you feel girl about waking up motivated one day or the next day waking up saying screw dieting! Just seeing one pound melt off the scale each time feels like sweet victory though.

Last edited by cheerios; 10-10-2011 at 01:14 AM.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #8  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I do. I look at weight loss as a one day, one meal and one pound at a time thing. Every pound lost is a victory, each time I have to move my ticker is a celebration. Doing this I stay motivated and before I know it that little one pound celebration has amounted to something truly significant
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

One trip to the grocery store at a time. I used to cook and bake all the time. Throughout high school and even after that inviting everyone I knew over for dinner or taking homemade treats with me to school or friends. Now I have cut grains and sugar from my diet so there isn't even any flour in the house. The store we go to has every kind of flour, spice, filling, jam, jelly, flavoring you could want. It's so hard sometimes to pass all of it up. Not just because I want it, but because for the last 16 years of my life (started baking at about 8 years old with my grandmother's help) that's how I showed love and drew attention to myself. I was the one who cooked and baked, and was really good at it.

One trip at a time, and send a little prayer my way when Thanksgiving rolls around and I start getting requests that will not be filled this year.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #10  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post
I do. I look at weight loss as a one day, one meal and one pound at a time thing. Every pound lost is a victory, each time I have to move my ticker is a celebration. Doing this I stay motivated and before I know it that little one pound celebration has amounted to something truly significant
Absolutely! One day at a time, is much easier! I use old business card, and write on their back stuff like:

All you have to think about is TODAY.
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #11  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

I try to. I try to look at the day as a whole. I'm not on a specific plan per se, which is probably why my results have been slow. Though, this has allowed me to enjoy food, eat intuitively, and overall enjoy the ride. That being said, I try to atleast keep a vague calorie line in mind. I know for certain that if I eat a large lunch, dinner will be small and mostly vegetable. I also try to eat only when I'm hungry and if this means skipping a meal or eating a snack in place of a meal, so be it. I wish I were more "on track" especially because I'm 3lbs from not being overweight for the first time since pretty much kindergarten but....I'm not too upset. BF % is good and I know that with steady work, I'll get there.
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #12  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Today I made it through my first whole day in TWO MONTHS without raiding the cookie tin in the break room at work. I did it by going "one half hour at a time." I convinced myself that I didn't need cookies for at least 30 minutes. At the end of that 30 minutes, I would reconsider it. Turns out, I didn't need cookies at all.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 179.8/ticker/160

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven132 View Post
that's how I showed love and drew attention to myself. I was the one who cooked and baked, and was really good at it.
Lol, me too!

I love baking and cooking. Cooking healthier stuff is easier than baking healthy food... The only solution sometimes is not to bake

Or baking stuff and then freezing it, so I can take it one day at a time (not, you know, one pie at a time)
loveAcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Yes, definitely, taking it one day at a time.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote