Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #1  

Default MF Eggs

So I finally found a MF food that is just absolute nastiness - the eggs. Ugh, even just the smell of them. As I was putting the powder into the bowl and mixing it up it made me want to gag. Then after they were cooked they look like rubber and chewed like rubber and tasted awful. I've gotten lots of good tips for the other foods that, although they were never really bad to start with, have made them better so is there a trick with the eggs too that I just don't know about? If no, they won't be on my next order, lol.
EvilPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #2  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi!

If just the smell of them makes you gag, then I can't think of any tips that would help. Just a question: Are these the "Original Style Eggs with eggwhites" or the "Scrambled Eggs"? Some people like one better than the other.

You could always use a product like Egg Beaters instead... and just find a way to get in a few grams of carbohydrate. 3-4 saltine crackers would do it.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM   #3  

I actually like the "scrambled eggs". LOL

When DH was doing MF last year, I'd see him eat them all the time and thought - YUCK. And the smell was bad. But when I actually tried them, I thought they were remarkably like real scrambled eggs. I don't notice the smell all that much once I'm eating them but worry that they stink up the kitchen at work.

I cook them a bit less than then what the directions say. I do the first minute (or 50 seconds) and then barely stir them - moving the cooked portions toward the center of the bowl. And then cook for about 30 seconds more. Even if they are a tad runny still, they will continue to cook for a little while. I like them best served with about 1 Tbsp of salsa.

I just tried the Southwestern Eggs yesterday. Now those smell good when cooking/cooked but I don't like the texture on them as much. I've not tried the "Original Style Eggs with egg whites."
Maurene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:46 PM   #4  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I really like the eggs, but I've NEVER cooked them in the microwave. I always cook them on the stove, with seasonings added. I like garlic & herbs, smoked salt & pepper, hot sauce, or bacon salt. Top with some salsa and a pinch of shredded cheddar.

They also come out better if you have time to let them sit for a few minutes before cooking.

I didn't order any last month because I "thought" I had a too many, and I ran out. I can't wait for more to come in my next shipment.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #5  

Mine are the original style. I think I'll play around with them; maybe stop cooking in the microwave and use the stove instead and add some seasoning and see if that helps. I just placed my 2nd month's MF order sans eggs. If I can make them better then maybe month 3 I'll get more but for now, the 7 packages I have are enough, lol.
EvilPink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 288.2/225/160

Height: 5'7"

I cook my MF eggs (both varieties) on the stovetop only, and top with a tablespoon of salsa. The taste is decent, if not great.
wannablean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: See sig for ticker and blog

Height: 5' 2"

I love the eggs!

I think it smells like eggs and really does taste like eggs as well. I add a couple of drops of Louisiana Habanero hot sauce.

I cook mine in the microwave, but I keep taking it out every few seconds and stirring it so that it does make the rubbery lumps.

Last edited by painfullystoic; 10-12-2011 at 03:45 PM.
painfullystoic is offline   Reply With Quote