Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #1  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 220/TICKER/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Evil motivations...What are yours?

I remember seeing a thread like this sometime last year, and thought I would resurrect it.

All of us want to lose weight for noble, health-related reasons...but I'm betting most of us have a few "other" motivations at well. What are yours?

Mine:

-Not being the "fat bridesmaid" at my best friend's wedding next summer
-Proving my father wrong (he's always been really cruel/negative about my weight)
-Running into an ex-boyfriend and having them realize what they're missing out on
-Being perceived as the "hot sister" (hey, my brother has cute friends...)
-Having the guts to volunteer as a nude model for an art class (something on my bucket list)
GreatPerhaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #2  
going for gold

aww this has made me laugh and your reasons made me giggle as there are a few in there i share with you

- im a bridesmaid next october.... dont want to be a size 16 then!!! i have helped choose the bridesmaid dresses and they are very cute so better get my a into g!!!
- i want to be the hot sister tired of having the fact that im not shoved in my face... im successful and shes gorgeous... my success doesnt get me as much attention
- theres a guy (an ex of some sorts) that id LOVE to see once i loose the weight
- i want to be the hottie that has the guys at the club asking my friends if im single.... instead of it being me they ask if my friends are single...
- i want to go and buy sexy lingerie :P and feel sexy in it (typo im sure)

Last edited by Andynoo; 10-02-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Andynoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

I want all my family and friends to recognize if they do not already that my husband didn't 'settle' for me because I am fat and he is thin.

I want to be able to wear a bikini for once in my adult life

I've always wanted to do a pinup girl photo shoot for the hubs, but not as a big girl

I want to be able to go to a club and feel like one of the pretty folks.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

I have a family member, who I'm sure with the noblest of intentions, is always critiquing and trying to "fix" me. She stays on the "diet of the week" and wants me on the same whatever she's on this week/month. I'd like to follow my path, and leave her in the dust. Another family member pointed out, that if she's so smart how come she's not skinny. AMEN. AND her father who has always been critical of me, I would love to show him too! He's a little heavy, and I've heard my whole life about his daughter, the one who wants to fix me, and how great she is. Well, I would love to show up.

I'd love to be a runner, but I don't want to be a fat runner. I want to be that "serious" person at the track instead of the waddling fat chick that takes forever to make a lap and ends up taking breaks.

I want to shop in skinny stores and make the skinny salesclerk bring me a smaller size.

I want the folks who criticize my diet choice to be jealous! Those coworkers that push me to eat/just try a bite/it's a special occasion so often need to eat those words when they see my results.

I want to worry about that last 10 lbs coming back on and somebody laughing at me because I'm worried about my weight.

I want to wear high heels to work more often, because I have coworkers that make fun of them and I love them. Right now, I'm too heavy and my fore feet hurt too much in them from the pressure.

Last edited by Arkansas Kel; 10-02-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:33 PM   #5  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I want to weigh less than my mom...I'm almost there. She used to comment on my weight when I was a kid/teenager. Now that I'm losing (successfully, I might add!) she doesn't have anything to say. She's battled her weight for years but I think the fact that I weighed more made her smug.

I want to go to a bar and get hit on, only for me to turn them down! Muahaha, sorry dudes, this lady has already chosen someone.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

I've had a thing for this one guy for a few years, and I really want to get into good shape and then think to myself every time I see him, "Ew, he's scrawny, and I'm way out of his league."

I also want really bad to wear a bikini. I've never worn one in my life, but by next summer I plan on tanning in one.. and looking dang good at the same time! It'll be like a reward... I'm going to buy myself a really cute one. I'm so excited.
RicecakeEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:23 PM   #7  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Kel View Post

I want to shop in skinny stores and make the skinny salesclerk bring me a smaller size.
LOVE that!

Pure and simple...I want to be hot!
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I want to have a smaller clothing size than my MIL. She has called me fat since I was dating my husband (and I weighed about what I weigh now when we got married). She's told me I can't eat this or that because I'm fat. She's felt superior to me because I was fat, etc.

She has had problems with her weight since moving to the US (now she understands why Americans are so fat - we drive everywhere and don't walk).

Anyway, right I weigh about 15 pounds more than she does and we wear the same size clothes. Might be petty to want to be smaller than a 76 year old, but she's rubbed my face in being heavy for 18 years. I cannot WAIT to be smaller clothing size than her and perhaps even lighter than her!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 PM   #9  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm not sure if these are really evil motivations but they're definitely vain ones.

- Not being the fat person in pictures with my friends
- Not feel 100% self-conscious when I take off my clothes to go for a swim
- Never, ever, EVER hear anybody say to me again "I think you need to lose a few pounds", "you'd look so pretty if you lost a bit of weight!" or "wow, you've gained so much weight"
- Not having to constantly untag myself in FB pictures.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #10  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

I want to be lighter than my sister for the first time in my entire life! She was always skinny when we were younger, I was overweight from the time I was 8 years old on. Whenever we got in a big fight, she'd always call me fat... well in the past few years, she's put on 30-40 pounds, bringing us quite a bit closer in bmi. In truth, I really don't want to see her heavy - it makes me sad because I can see it makes her sad - but it would be a fun experience just once in my life to be the lighter one! Then I'd like to encourage her to get on a healthier path too...
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #11  
margarita124

S/C/G: 237.4/T/165

Height: 5'7"

Wow! I'm surprised how many items I share with the group-I agree, maybe not evil..but geared with a different mind than just to be healthy...

>I do Not want to be the fat chick at my friends 3rd wedding next June (yup 3rd,) and since I was there for her 2nd and looked pretty damned good, I want this weight G.O.N.E.

>I want to be able to wear cute, sexy or hip shoes-which I can't do without serious foot issues now!

>I want to smile at the camera! instead of being the difficult person who argues with the person who INSISTS on taking photos.

>I want my spouese co-workers to say-Hey, that's a Hot Wife, you have there!-LOL
margarita124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:10 PM   #12  
This time, it's forever..

S/C/G: 187/154/120

Height: 5'6

= Shop at the skinny stores!!! And not feel weird for being a fat girl looking at small sizes.
= Wear a bikini for the first time in almost 6 years.
melodymist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

- Cheap clothes! I want to be able to buy the clothes on the sales rack that are cute and really cheap because no one is a size 2 or 4!
- Walk around in sexy heels!
- Prove to my family that I can lose weight my way, my healthy way, rather than theirs!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #14  
Sweat Sweat Sweat!

S/C/G: 190/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

I can relate to nearly all of these! haha

-Make Ex-s jealous that they are missin out on alll this!
-At my job almost all the coworkers rate the people that work there, just for fun, I wanna be #1. (I think I'm about 3 or 4. right now.)
-Have my grandfather approve of my weight. When I was younger he always mentioned something about my weight.
-No more cellulite!!!!
TheLindsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 273/256.8/115

Height: 4'11"

I hadn't thought about it, but now that you mention it, I would LOVE to look great and go to my 20th reunion (which isn't for like 8 more years, so I have time, LOL!) and have everyone marvel at how much better I look than I did in HS.
medigal is offline   Reply With Quote