Old 10-01-2011, 09:10 AM   #1  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Default ~~*October Chat!*~~

Hi Ladies!

It's October already, the month of Halloween woohoo! Although I actually never bother dressing up so I don't know why I showed excitement. Only 2 months until December which is a bit crazy...

Hope you are all well =)
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #2  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Holy cow, the holidays are coming up way too soon! And truthfully, I'm a little worried about resisting all of those holiday goodies and meals.
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 206.8/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

How is it already October? Heck, I still don't understand where the summer went!
MidnightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #4  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies!

Okay so this hasn't been the best posting week for me . It has been one heck of a long week with DH being gone so much, and me with the two LOs by myself. When I get some free quiet moments I really just want to sit down lol! So, hoping everyone is doing great! I had Core Cardio and Balance today, which I didn't want to do! I wanted to do Max Interval Sports Training (I have the deluxe version of Insanity that comes with other workouts) but the DVD kept skipping forward to fast. It was driving me NUTS. So I just had to do the other workout instead . I was bummed. Oh well, still got the workout in for the day and now baby girl is having a nap and DS is out with Daddy, thank goodness! I am probably going to hit the gym after her nap and do some running, I am hoping to start working on the under 7 minute mile time here in the next month or so. Let's have a great October girls, and hit it hard!!!!

Rie-From last thread, yes my husband is a teacher. Technically he is an Administrator but he also teaches 2 classes on campus as well. He is CRAZY busy all the time between administration and then taking on the classes as well. We met my freshman year in college (his sophomore year) in the field house at our college (where the coaching offices for different sports are, the training room, equipment rooms, etc.) when I was playing soccer and he was playing football. We were both collegiate athletes and zeroed in on each other right away . He was tall (6'4") in great shape, and super hot lol! I love me some American football pants lol! We started dating about a week after we met, got engaged a year and a half later, and were married about 7 months after that, all before my 21 bday lol! Now we have 2 kids, we are both teachers/coaches (he used to coach football before he went into admin) I coach varsity high school soccer. Anyway it was one of those college "sweetheart" kind of deals I guess lol! So, that's our story, sorry it took up so much space haha! I hope that you enjoy your rest day tomorrow, I know I always do lol! Keep pushing with Insanity, it's AMAZING!!!!! I can't believe I only have 2 more weeks left of Round 2!

Missy-It's true, the holidays are REALLY hard. We just have to enforce that willpower!

Midnight-Summer is not nearly long enough is it? Before you know it, winter will be over and Spring will be here and the time will just fly!

Alright girls, I will check in tomorrow, hope you all have a great weekend!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #5  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

I have a confession! I got a Subway today ;_;. BUT! I only got a 6 inch since I usually stuff my face with a foot long - so even though I had a bit of a weak moment I compromised. It was also free because I had collected enough points on my Subway card >_>. Yes...I have one of those. I lived off Subway at Uni!

When I got home I did my Insanity workout and every time I felt like giving up I thought "NO! You must work off that Subway!" and kept going. It worked!

Official weigh in day/measuring day tomorrow! But I've got work in the morning =(.

Missy Krissy - Hmmm...Halloween candy! Oh deary me. We'll have to stay strong and only treat ourselves a little bit!

MidnightRaven - Where did this year go?! At this point I want time to fly by so I can go on my holiday sooner, hehe!

munster - Don't worry about lack of posting, you always make an effort when you can and that counts the most =). Shame about your DVD skipping, I have them digitally so I have to do them watching a laptop. Can be annoying sometimes because of the screen size though! I took my rest day earlier in the week because I was ill, so I don't get it tomorrow =((. Oh welly! Awww, that's so awesome how you guys met! I really want to see a picture of you and your family! I bet you're like the annoyingly hot family =p.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/172/145

Height: 5'9.75

So far October has sucked. It is TOM and there are some really really hard things that i have had to deal with today. Haven't eaten to well but I have been really active and have burned some calories that way. I think I'm not going to beat myself up and just take it easy for the rest of the day.
thinnerthanhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:50 AM   #7  
Krissy Missy

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

Munster - That's sweet how you guys met, it's nice to have so much in common with your DH

Thinner - TOM is almost here for me too, which means I won't be weighing myself for about a week. Kind of disappointing, I like to be able to track my progress.

Rie - I checked out your blog, your progress is amazing! You can really see the difference that 16lbs makes, keep up the great work
Missy Krissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #8  

It feels like a PERFECT fall morning outside today! As a Michigan native, it sometimes drives me nuts how warm it is in the fall in NC. I generally love the weather here (and most things about this area!) but autumn is my favorite season - and it seems like it takes forever to get here, and then it doesn't last long! This will make me sound like a 5 year old, but in addition to the cool crisp air I just LOVE walking around on crunchy leaves.

I headed into work early this morning - just had to run a few thing in my lab - and on the way home I treated myself to a grande decaf nonfat no whip pumpkin spice latte. I let myself have 1/week (they're my vice in the fall) - and I haven't had any the past two weeks! I'm gonna spend the next couple of hours working on my lectures for this week - as a grad student I'm teaching a 200-level psych class. And after spin today, I might go to the mall and do a little bit of shopping!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:31 PM   #9  

Height: 5'9''

I love that you opened the thread for the whole month, Rie! I was going to suggest it, I don't know why but I like them threads bigger

So, whats going on with me:
I got sick in the worst moment, so when I got better and got out of bed I spent three days standing in lines in order to collect all the documents and papers n stuff I needed to get done before college, I spent Thu,Fri and Sat mostly away from home and that resulted in not the perfect eating. In fact, I had a bowl of popcorn on Friday night, which resulted in only 0.6lbs loss on my official weigh-in on Oct 1st. It was only water weight luckily, I'm already 2 lbs lighter this morning. Tomorrow is first day of college...the panic is gone and now I'm excited!!! New people, subjects I love, five years of school, hopefully moving to the dorms next year...it's going to be legen - wait for it - dary!(just started getting hooked to HIMYM, can't believe I haven't discovered this show before!).
This is my battle plan for the next period:
- continue counting steps and trying to get to at least 7.500 per day
- continue food journal & byo lunch to school
- continue visiting 3fc & fitblr comunities daily, keep being positive
- squeeze at least 3 workouts weekly, of at least 20 minutes
- and be a bit more dedicated to this then previous 10 days
And I am sticking to this as long as I am losing at least 1 pound every 10 days. My motto: ˝Do as little (or as much) as it takes you to get the results that you want˝(Tom Venuto says this many times in BFFM).
Next weigh in: Oct 10th, goal 173.0lbs

On to personals
Rie good for you for beind mind over matter in that moment of weakness! I don't know much about Subway (there is none in my country) but I know it's the good guy compared to McDonalds, so you couldn't do much damage there! I'm rooting for you to see those 160's tomorrow!

Munster glad you're having more free time with your hubby back at home! We know you were busy last week

Raven hey, what kind of lab are you working in? Labs always seem interesting to me...guess I'm a bit nerdy :P Seems like you're having a nice autumn day!
hotHealthy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:38 PM   #10  

hotHealthy I work in a neuroscience lab with a focus on addiction studies. It's pretty interesting!

Also, I LOVE the HIMYM reference. I'm SO hooked on that show - I recently discovered it too!
Old 10-03-2011, 05:47 AM   #11  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Great to see some new faces post here =).

My official weigh in was 170 lbs yesterday, but I've still been hobbling around the 171/170 mark. When I see that 169 I will do the carrot dance! It's quite frustrating because I've been working my a$$ off with Insanity but I know what my problem is: I don't drink enough water and when I'm at work I don't have time to keep up with the Insanity nutrition guide. Unfortunately, work does get in the way of my eating, since I'm supposed to eat 5 times a day and have seen some amazing results when I have had time to do that, but there's not much I can do about that!

I went to a pub last night to meet a friend and I always get tempted to get a desert with her, but I resisted! So that was a good moment. Today I'm watching Warrior with a friend and we're going for a meal at a Mexican afterwards. I'll be in the cinema most of the afternoon so I might take my own packed lunch! The Mexican will just have to be a treat =p.

Missy - Thank you! My progress is starting to not be that noticeable, but when I scroll up and see my pudge at 186 lbs it inspires me to keep going!! One day there won't be any belly to be seen from the side!!

Midnight - I love autumn too! I just love the weather when it's cool and you can wrap up warm and go walking. Walking in crunchy leaves is definitely one of my favourite things to do too ;p. I think my weight gets in the way of me truly enjoying summer, because I can't look good in all the skimpy outfits, so when autumn comes around and wearing jackets and coats come in I'm all over that! Hope you had fun shopping, always good to treat yourself =).

HH4L - Sounds like you've got the right mindset for your new action plan, and I'm so happy that you're excited for college! Definitely enjoy it, and stay focused on your studies but also your health. It's extremely easy to forget about your health at college and just eat crap, but if you're serious about the weight loss then you'll do it! Subway is definitely better than McDonalds and other fast food outlets, but it's not really "healthy" either because I'm sure their products are not fresh. I also go for the most unhealthy sub, but it tastes so good! But yeah, you're right, definitely better than going to McDonalds!!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:57 AM   #12  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Completed Day 15 of Insanity today which means another Fit Test! Here are my results (first number is day 1, second number is day 15):
Switch Kicks: 46 - 55
Power Jacks: 39 - 42
Power Knees: 60 - 85
Power Jumps: 22 - 28
Globe Jumps: 6 - 10
Suicide Jumps: 7 - 12
Push-Up Jacks: 16 - 20
Low Plank Oblique: 36 - 45

Yay for improvement!!
Old 10-03-2011, 12:12 PM   #13  

Riestrella congrats on the improvement!

On the bus on the way home now... Was in the lab yesterday and before 7am today. Decided to head home at noon to catch up errands (ugh), deal with my leasing office (ugh), then spend some time doing some reading and writing from home - with the windows open, a cup of herbal tea, and two furry kitties to keep me company.

I also think I am going to surprise my bf with a pot of homemade vegetable barley soup when he gets home!
Old 10-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #14  
Insanity Round 3!!!!

S/C/G: 168/134/138

Hey Girls!

So today has started off well! I got my Insanity workout in, and I love it when I get that out of the way first thing lol! Baby girl woke up late, so I was in a super rush to get both LOs ready for the gym but when I got there the girl I train wasn't going to work out today . I am fine to work out on my own but I have to admit it is more fun when I have someone else to do it with lol! So I basically kicked my own but for an hour or so after doing an hour of Insanity . Now I am having snack (double fiber dry toast and a protein bar) with DS (he has a yogurt and a banana lol) and hanging out while DD takes a nap. I have soccer practice tonight so I think I will play with the girls some too (I know so much working out, but man I want to get close to those 140s this week!) since it is soooooooo fun! Hope we all had a good weekend staying OP and working out!

Rie-I know, some times I have to use my laptop too, since some of my dvds for some reason don't work on my xbox 360. I hook up my laptop to my TV though as a projector and then it works on my TV . Hey, free Subway is something I wouldn't pass up either! It can work in the plan as long as you track it and then make sure you keep your cals down (I guess it depends on what you got too ). I am so excited for you, you are doing so great on Insanity! I know that it must be hard to get the eating down when you work like you do, and I can tell you that it really does help with the results. You just have to try to do it when you can, and realize that you are still going to be in kick butt shape! On the Fit Test front, great job! You had soooooooooo much improvement yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep working, keep pushing, YOU CAN DO IT...lol!

thinner
-I'm sorry about TOM, that is always a bummer lol! I think that we all have different weight problems around that time, and you just have deal with it in whatever way will be comfortable lol!

Missy-Thanks! We do have a TON in common lol! It helps so much when you are married when you are usually on the same page haha!

Midnight-YUM pumpkin spice lol! I LOVE pumpkin anything at this time of year lol, I am going to have to abstain like crazy this year so I don't sabotage my weight loss . Good job on only having one in the last 2 weeks, that's awesome!

HH4L-Thanks, it was nice to have a little bit of time together, last week was seriously nuts . I think that your resolutions for yourself are great. Those are realistic, reachable goals that seem to be right in line for what you are trying to do. I totally feel you on the popcorn thing, I have learned NEVER to eat salty anything the day before weigh in lol! Glad you are back down 2 lbs, keep going girl!

Okay girls, I am done, and I am going to chill out for a little bit before baby girl wakes up from her nap. Hope we all have an amazing OP day!
munstermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Another busy last few days for me. I was formally observed today by my university supervisor. I had to teach a lesson and was graded on it. It actually went REALLY well. I got 15 out of 16 points! Anyway, getting in the gym tomorrow morning before class. I will be on Day 3 of Week 3 of c25k! Woohoo! I never thought I would love that program so much, but I do. I love working toward a goal. I have heard there is a couch to 10k out there too. I may have to try that when I get finished with this 5k one. My clothes are getting too big, but I'm in between sizes. 18's are getting baggy, but 16's are still too tight to be comfortable. I can get them zipped and buttoned but they are just tighter than I like. DD cut a tooth the other day! Her very first one! And she rolled over from back to front today! My little baby is getting so big so fast.

Munster - Still the workout queen, I see. Haha!! You will be down where you need to be in no time!

Midnight - What kind of herbal tea do you drink?

Riestrella - Way to go on those numbers!! My water intake has significantly dropped since my classes started. I believe my weight-loss has slowed because of that too.

HH4L - Great goals you got there, miss lady! I am looking forward to seeing you meeting every single one. I know you can do it.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote