Old 09-29-2011, 04:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Default Where is my energy?

In the past when I have done low carb I had much more energy. Waking up early and ready to go. But not the same this time with IP. I am in ketosis, loosing weight with in the normal range and waking up earlier than usual. However I feel like I run out of gas by late afternoon. Even walking up the stairs to my second story apartment seems more difficult than before starting IP. I'm staying on plan 100%, taking all of my vitamins, being pretty good about taking sea salt and oil (but could be better in that area), and drinking all of my water. So anyone have any ideas what's up with my lower energy? I'm also going to talk to my coach when I go into tomorrow for my second week weigh in.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:16 PM   #2  

I feel the same way, and I'm on week #4.....I seem to be waking up earlier in the morning but by mid afternoon I'm ready for a nap...and have no energy...
Grkchik99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grkchik99 View Post
I feel the same way, and I'm on week #4.....I seem to be waking up earlier in the morning but by mid afternoon I'm ready for a nap...and have no energy...
Yep, that's me. Hopefully my coach will have some ideas.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:05 AM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

There have been several people with this issue, just hang in there maybe your bodies are still adjusting. Try adding some sea salt in your water.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

Hi, I've been struggling with the same problem. I've been drinking more coffee at work because I get so tired. I have moments when I feel more energy (mostly in the morning), but then I crash in the afternoon. Sometimes even the simplest tasks are labored (like opening a door or twisting off a lid on my water or Ideal protein shaker cup). Thanks for relating. I keep telling myself it will get better...but this is my 5th or 6th week. Hang in there everyone...our energy will return eventually...
stickingtotheplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #6  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Grkchik, Dana, and Sticking,

I can't tell from your signatures where you live, what the weather's like, what you weigh, what your exercise levels are, etc. so suggestions are a bit limited. But here are some things I think might help.
-- E-mail your coach before you go, explain the situation as well as you can + and possible contributing factors to give him/her a chance to think a little before your next visit;

-- Since you're getting up earlier, take advantage of it and walk briskly for at least 20 minutes. It won't kill you; it will up your energy for the day; and speed up your metabolism a bit.

-- Make absolutely sure you're getting at least 100 ounces of water a day, spread our across the day, with about 24 ounces within an hour of getting up -includes water to prepare the packet. An easy way to do this is to drink 8 ounces when you get up, walk, and come back to a pudding mixed with 16 ounces of water, and ice if you like, to make a great shake.

-- Have half of your third packet (restricted?) before you go into a slump. With a little practice you can easily anticipate.

-- Same goes for having an egg or two egg whites.

-- Increase your bulk. No that didn't come out right. Increase your amount of water, adding 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice (alkaline), or by eating at least 125 grams of Romaine a day.

-- If you can fit in some exercise or even stretching at your desk during the day -- but that's an whole other post.

Sure hope this helps.

Last edited by Linden; 09-30-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi Grkchik, Dana, and Sticking,

I can't tell from your signatures where you live, what the weather's like, what you weigh, what your exercise levels are, etc. so suggestions are a bit limited. But here are some things I think might help.
-- E-mail your coach before you go, explain the situation as well as you can + and possible contributing factors to give him/her a chance to think a little before your next visit;

-- Since you're getting up earlier, take advantage of it and walk briskly for at least 20 minutes. It won't kill you; it will up your energy for the day; and speed up your metabolism a bit.

-- Make absolutely sure you're getting at least 100 ounces of water a day, spread our across the day, with about 24 ounces within an hour of getting up -includes water to prepare the packet. An easy way to do this is to drink 8 ounces when you get up, walk, and come back to a pudding mixed with 16 ounces of water, and ice if you like, to make a great shake.

-- Have half of your third packet (restricted?) before you go into a slump. With a little practice you can easily anticipate.

-- Same goes for having an egg or two egg whites.

-- Increase your bulk. No that didn't come out right. Increase your amount of water, adding 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt and 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice (alkaline), or by eating at least 125 grams of Romaine a day.

-- If you can fit in some exercise or even stretching at your desk during the day -- but that's an whole other post.

Sure hope this helps.
Also - the coaches didn't tell me this, I read about it online, but the magnesium supplement makes you sleepy. So - I always take two cal/mag and a fish oil with my salad in the afternoon and immediately fall asleep. Whenever I take the cal/mag (2 in the afternoon and one at night) they make me sleepy. So maybe look at your supplement regimen and see if you should take the majority of your cal/mag at night. They do help with sleep.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #8  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Please read post number 11 in "Feeling so tired?" Heck, read the whole thread.

Last edited by Linden; 09-30-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:14 PM   #9  

I talked to my coach today and she really thinks it's just my body adjusting to everything. And actually since I posted this earlier yesterday I have noticed a little more energy in the afternoon yesterday and today. Hopefully she is right and it's just my body being a little slower to get on board. In the meantime I went in today and at the two week mark I've lost a total of 13 pounds.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

My coach told me to take the magnesium at bedtime.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:12 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
My coach told me to take the magnesium at bedtime.
Same here, I take the cal-mag at dinner and bedtime.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

My energy has never picked up on this plan. I have low bp and low iron, so I've just accepted that this is the way it's going to be for the duration for me. I am going to get a blood test next week to see if something else is going on.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote