Old 09-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Angry Back on Track in One Way, Not Another....

Hello fellow friends! This isn't a ww rant for the first time lol! I'm back on track, gained (knew it) and am moving on with that aspect. Having a good week thus far

However, I'm in the midst of a Cymbalta withdrawal and let me tell you, today is going like this so far!!! I have the worst attitude and mood right now. I was out of work sick fri and monday and slept a lot of the time. It's my fault for not following my instructions more carefully but i don't' want to now go back and take it again as I've gone since a week ago Tuesday w/o meds. I'm sooooo irritable, sad, dizzy, nauseous, you name it! Everything that my bf does or says today i want to cry/scream so i thought it be best to come here for support!

Long story short, since my dad passed at Christmas, i don't know what's up from down, have been seeing my therapist regularly with my bf as we tend to disagree on certain things. Basically he's wrong and I'm right (lol j/k)!! I feel we both have very strong personalities and butt heads but i love him so much and want to get through this Forgot my work badge, doesn't want to bring it! Which normally wouldn't be a big deal but today...ugghh!! SO we are suppose to go tonight and now he doesn't feel the need to "go to every meeting"!! And the Red Sox are down to their last game, and i understand but we have issues!!

I don't' know where I'm going with this but i just needed to vent and say it's one of those days where i don't know where to laugh or cry

The good news is that i don't feel like food for any sort of comfort!! Siggghhh felt good to write lol!!!

Last edited by pointspluspioneer; 09-28-2011 at 10:15 AM.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:21 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Sometimes we just need a good, solid vent to let it out of our system. And at least that way we don't go and eat those feelings later.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #3  

Thank you! That's my only saving grace right now is that i could care less about food!! I haven't eaten yet today which i know isn't good but not hungry. I need to take a deep breath and calm down lol! I have to remember not to take it out on anyone around me today, it's temporary and need to get through it!!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #4  
Geeky Member

I have had experience in the past with Cymbalta, and yes, it was HORRIBLE to go off of. Even when I was taking the lowest dose they make, I wasn't able to just stop. I ended up having to open the capsules and remove a little bit of the granules each day from them to "wean" myself off of it without getting the horrible discontinuation effects. And even then, I still got them to a mild degree. It took me a few months to get completely off of it. So, I understand what you're going through with the dizziness and nausea etc. (do you get the "brain-zaps" too?), and I hope it gets better for you soon. Maybe you could ask your doctor if there is something you could do or take to lessen the effects, since you don't want to take any more of the Cymbalta?
Shadowcat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

I think we've all felt like this many times at some point in out lives. I know these past couple months have NOT been easy for me and I ended up gaining a few pounds because binge eating was more important than tracking or working out. We all have hectic, crazy lives but it's how we manage and deal with stress that counts! You have a LOT going on right now and honestly if your boyfriend isn't willing to commit to therapy to make things better between the two of you, is he really worth keeping around?

I know it's easier said than done because I've been here many times but forget about the past, today is a new day to get right back on track! If you need to talk I'm always here. Inbox me over on Facebook (I think we're friends) or here =)
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:39 PM   #6  

Thanks! Yes, the zaps were awful. My eyes felt like there was water swooshing behind them for days. Today is a much much better day!

Kim, yup that's me lol, dawned on me you probably didn't know that when i requested you lol! We had a long talk last night and i went to therapy alone which i have to say was a good decision for me and what i've been dealing with Today food doesn't interest me....i MUST be sick lol
Old 09-29-2011, 10:22 PM   #7  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hope things work out for you. Go alone if he isn't supporting you. Best to have supportive people around right now.

That's good that food doesn't interest you. I'd suggest maybe seeing your doctor in regards to the med issues. Hugs!
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #8  

Things are getting alot better, still feeling the effects but coming together after my meeting on Wednesday which is good. I told him i've felt like i've been in a fog for a long time and now have alot of energy and feeling alot better. Thanks for everyone's caring words, sure does help me get through the day. Wish the dizziness would go away!!