Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/176/150

Height: 5'7"

Default I need a buddy!

I have thirty pounds to lose, and my motivation has completely died.

I am attempting to climb back on the wagon, and I need help!

Anyone interested in pairing up?
fresno26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244 / 178 / 190 w/ muscle

Height: 5'11

I'm about mid-way in my fitness journey as well, so I can understand how motivation levels can drop!

What are you currently working with to reach your goals? Any specific fitness programs or pretty much your own thing?
Wayne W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #3  

Hi Wayne!

Thanks for the reply.

I really do my own thing, more or less. No specific plan. However, I feel like I've been off the wagon for so long, I don't know exactly how to get motivated again. I used to be so good. Very disciplined. Now I am not, and it upsets me. I know how to lose weight, but somehow in my mind, I always convince myself to do other things.

I eat a vegetarian diet (with vegan tendencies) and try to keep it low-fat and healthy. Also, my usual workout is a combination of circuit machines and the treadmill or jogging outside. I try to do yoga occasionally too, as well as biking.

How about you? And how long have you been at it? Congrats on your progress!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #4  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

I hear you! My motivation as been wavering lately as well, I'm a little less then half way there now. To get my mojo back I created a list of things I am looking forward to when I lost the weight A couple examples being
1) my stomach not squishing out onto the bed when i lay on my side
2) Being athletic
3) Being happy with myself and my body
4) Running for 45min straight
5) Buying cute clothes

Whenever I start feeling like a can't continue I add a couple more to the list and read it over, it gets my juices flowing again.
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #5  

Thank you for the great ideas, Isis!!

I am going to have to start doing more mental imagery. This was SUPPOSED to be the first birthday in a sleeveless dress....but I slipped up starting in late June, and alas, the dress had sleeves again this year. I am turning 30 next year, and will hopefully be celebrating with a little vacation....so I REALLY would like to feel comfortable in a swimsuit by then...instead of feeling disgusting.

Thanks for the help! Good luck to you! Is there any way I can help you?
Old 09-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #6  

I'm sorry to hear your at a stand still right now . Judging by your signature though you've made some amazing progress since you started.

I've been at it for about a year. I started out with a 90 day program and I did go from 244 to 195. But after that was over I sorta did it off and on for a year and didn't actually stay on track. Just this June I've picked it back up again for real and I'm down to 178. Now I'm trying other programs by the same company to keep it all fresh and it's going really well.

Since my 20s I was unhappy with my weight and I always said "I'll do good this year..." but I could never do it by myself lol. The only thing I needed in the end was a program because it gave me a real schedule to follow.. and it never got boring.

It's funny you mention yoga, the program I was on involved a lot of that... and it's a lot harder than you would think lol. I have great respect for it now .
Old 09-27-2011, 06:04 PM   #7  

Hey Wayne!

Well, a big KUDOS to you on your accomplishments!

Thank you for the encouraging compliments. I should adjust my ticker though....lol....it's closer to 170 again. I have been lazy for around four months now, and it's time to get off my buns!

Since my last post, I left work early and managed to get in a 45-min walk in my neighborhood. So, that's something! Ha! I figured I'd better ease back into it.

Can you tell me more about the program that you used? I'm glad it was successful for you!

And yes, some yoga sure looks difficult. lol. I have really only taken 'intro' classes at the gym, but I really like them. Maybe I will try the intermediate ones once I get in a little better shape.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 PM   #8  

Walking is an awesome way to start getting back into it fresno, good job!

The first program I used (which included the Yoga I mentioned) was P90X. Right now I'm trying Insanity which is mostly all cardio, and I'm loving it so far. There isn't a dull moment.

I actually blog about my progress daily if your interested . waynesfitness.com

You can also contact me on there and I can help you find a program to try that best suits your goals, if you're looking to try something new. Just hit "Ask Me" and let me know you're "fresno" lol
Old 09-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #9  

Thanks Wayne! I checked it out briefly. =) You look great! I will have to check out the Insanity program. I have heard of P90X working for quite a few people, but I haven't gotten into it. I still have some work to do before I get into something so difficult, I think, lol.

How is your day going?
Old 09-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #10  

Thanks It's really easier than you think, when I first started I just pressed play and started moving and did my best... and fell in love with it lol. And my day's going well how bout you??
Old 09-29-2011, 11:52 AM   #11  

That's awesome! I may have to get that program. I don't have much motivation at home though. I like to relax when I'm there, so the gym or the neighborhood works better for me.

My day is going well. Day 3 of being back on the wagon! I am at 169 today. So things are moving in the right direction. I just hope I don't have a plateau again any time soon. The first time around, I was at 166.5 for about five weeks straight. Ha!

How are you? Anything exciting planned today? =)