South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #1  
Mem7883

S/C/G: 119/119/108

Height: 5' 2"

Default Fruit and 2% dairy?

Hi, I'm new to this SBD, but have been so encouraged by the idea of no longer being controlled by my carbohydrate cravings. I've only recently weighed myself after nearly 3 years of no scales, and while there's work to be done for sure, I'm feeling calm and satsfied with nearly no thought of cravings at all so far!

I am doing right now a Phase 1.25 I think -- lots of protein, veggies galore, no grains at all, but a minimal serving of fruit, always with protein or fat to keep blood sugar in check. I have yet to see that big phase 1 weight drop, though it has been only 4.5 days. Could it really be that having one small bunch grapes or one small apple per day is preventing that? Also, I know phase 1 only includes nonfat or 1percent dairy, but why is that? Only because the calories are higher? I do light Babybel cheese, skim ricotta, etc, but love a creamy 2% or whole milk plain yogurt as a dessert...is this also a major mistake at this point?

It feels huge to not be bingingon bread and rice and crackers, so I'm definitely already feeling better in my own skin, despite no major pounds gone yet. But if the couple of grapes or the percentage on my yogurt will make that difference, I need to go for that!

Thanks!

Otherwise, just plain not touching bread or other grains seems to really put me at peace, they're just not an option so no need to worry about myself around them -- quite a liberating feeling!
mem7883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

You may not see that big Phase I drop. You have very little to lose & are eating some fruit, so you're technically not doing Phase I. The less you have to lose, the smaller the initial Phase I loss, plus it's only been 4 days. I personally don't think the percentage of fat on the dairy is a big deal. New research support the idea that full fat dairy is indeed more healthy than reduced fat choices. Here's an article about the dairy issue:

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA40091...rated-Fat.html
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote