Old 09-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #1  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Default Weekly chat. Simply Filling etc. Sept.26th-Oct 2nd

Morning all. New pages. Have a good week everyone
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! It's raining and dreary here and I've a heavy week of errands/projects. Trying not to stress eat. Hope you all have a great one.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, and here's hoping for a good week for everyone.

I'm looking forward to getting back into my routine, and NOT having huge buffets and endless chocolate in front of me.

I have a new program from my trainer and it is much less intense than earlier ones. He says this is what is supposed to be done every 6 months or so, and it is what he wants me to do to get the knee back in shape. I'll try not to get bored
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #4  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry for being MIA yesterday Woke up late and than everything run into each other. Went to church and brunch,where we met a friend that we had to comfort as her cousin & niece has cancer. [lung and patriotic ] both never smoke a day in there lives. I read, than watched the Fiddler on the Roof movie.By the time that was finished, it was supper time and it went on & on.

Have to go,will be back later
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

Good afternoon, Chickies! We are having a restful afternoon after a morning of riding around the country. Well, that was restful, too. Curtis and I drove to Granbury to check out a brand new archery shop. I'm OP. Curtis is, too, sort of. You really have to use your imagination, though.

JoJo, thank you for the new pages.
Rhonda, I like your trainer. Take care of that knee.

Vickie, I hope all is going well for you. Construction stuff can be very very stressful. Don't let it get to you!

Maryann, your day sounds very busy. Congrats on your weightloss. I like your racker.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

The workout was less intense in terms of lifting weights, but it was still effective. I have been doing almost no lower body work for over a month and today I could do split squats better than ever before! (A split squat is one leg behind you, then squat straight down and raise straight up using the standing leg only.) These are difficult for most people most of the time, and the really good thing is that I haven't lost strength and the resting was good for me. So, if my knee is not killing me tomorrow, this is all good.

Sandra, I like my trainer too!

It's been interesting to try to get back to my routine for eating. It was impossible yesterday, but easier today. Honestly, the more you eat, the more you want

Vickie, good luck with not stressing out.

Last edited by Tejas; 09-26-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:17 PM   #7  

Wow, a new week. I spent the day shopping with my daughter. I loaded up on supplies to take back to Florida. I am spoiled with my daughter doing my nails, hair color and cut, along with waxing. I will have to depend on my sis to color my hair, and we'll make a girls day for nails, etc. I hope I can find a good stylist to cut my hair. It needs trimmed about every 3 or 4 wks. Got pics on my phone to show them how I need it cut. We leave in a couple weeks.

I haven't lost any weight. I really need to get down to business before I put on all the weight I lost while in Florida last winter.

Rhonda, I give you kudos for sticking with your training.

Sandra, sounds like you are back to subbing. Is it everyday?

Maryann, sorry about your friends. I talked to my cousin, the one with lung cancer. He is in a trial and it's not working. I don't know how much longer he will be with us. I am so sad. He is my favorite cousin and it breaks my heart to know he doesn't have much longer on this earth.

jojo, glad your doggie is okay.

Vickie, we had rain too. It cleared up and ended up being a nice day.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Welcome Home, Rhonda! Congratulations for getting so quickly back into your routine. You are one impressive chick.

Sandra, I'm proud of you for being on program. I'm still talking about it.

Mary Ann, you sound like a busy chick!

Pam, I'm so sorry about your Cousin. It is never easy to lose those we love.

JoJo, how's it going?

Sloan is getting close to her daughter's wedding day. I think I saw less than 2 weeks. She must be in a whirlwind.

We have lots of errands today. I have to pick light fixtures and bath accessories. Yesterday we ordered the tile. Tomorrow we have to pick the cabinet hardware and grout. Ugh. I'll be happy when my part is over and then all I have to do is worry about everyone else doing their jobs properly! Thursday the landscaping job gets done. I have to go out today or tomorrow to take before pictures.

Gotta run!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #9  

Morning Vickie. Sounds like everything is falling in place. I hope you post pics when the bathroom is completed.

I couldn't sleep last night and in a fog this morning. I know it was after 4:30 am and I was still tossing and turning.

I saw a cute pic on facebook and don't know how to post it. If anyone knows how, let me know.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:18 AM   #10  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Didn't sleep again last night and when I got up it was too late for my walking group. Oh well there always next week.Very foggy this morning so,I might go walking on my own some time this afternoon.

Nothing new,my movie buddy should be coming home soon,don't know what playing as I haven't looked at the movie guide this week.

SANDRA-Thanks,Still not eating like I used to,and it scares me a bit so I called the doctor as my cholesterol blood test appointment is due and they only time I got as Dec 6th . They want to work my physical & blood test together. He much be pretty busy as I never had to wait that long to see a doctor.

RHONDA-Sorry about your knee, do you have a good brace to use, when not exercising. I'm now wearing a hip brace when I go out with my walking group.

PAM-Sorry about your cousin,my DH didn't take the trail he went for the chemo & radiation instead,but he was in stage 3 my friends relatives are both in stage 4.

VICKIE-I try to keep busy as much as possible,as to me that's the only way I know how to survive widowhood.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #11  

Yesterday was a good day. Took my grandson to his eye eval early and he spent the day with me since his eyes were blurry all day. Then a friend came and helped me learn to haul, launch, drive & load the boat. It was a releif that it ran fine because it has been sitting since Feb. I think I am going to be fine using it with some practice. Glad I didn't sell it. Then I took the guy who helped me & his wife out to eat Chinese.

I am gaining and now I am 154...Can't seem to control my eating ..I looked back to my posts in Nov and I was doing the low carb and really liking it..Then when Robin got sick eating was not important to me . I will try the low carb again.

Maryann..I am finding the same thing..I do much better if I am busy..I used to love our lazy weekends but not now..

Vickie..I am trying to select tile also. My bathroom is not moving along because the handyman did not show up to do the plumbing, son in law takes a month to do one thing and lady that was going to tile was in auto accident. I am going to hire someone new this week that can get it done by Nov since kids will be home some in Nov.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #12  
hopeless but harmless

Evening all. We are having an Indian summer here so we have been out and about today. Just got back an hour ago from a day at the beach. Our nearest coast is about 80 miles away. We shan't need much rocking tonight and the dog has put herself to bed already! Talk to you all tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:19 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

Good afternoon, Chickies. I am home from my pedi/mani and am feeling PDQ. (Pretty Darn Cute). Well, my nails are anyway. Curtis and I just finished dinner and are just chillin.

Pam, that's smart taking photos so your new stylist will know what to do. Wish I'd done that when we moved down from Montana. I never found anyone who could do my short do like my stylist in Missoula. Oh, well....

Rhonda, I agree with you. It's hard to stop once we get started. I'm not worried about you, though. You are super dedicated.

Vickie, can you post photos here? We'd love to see them. I don't know if I could be OP if I had construction going on either. You'll get back on track soon.

JoJo, it's still hot here, too. We filmed outdoor scenes for the Christmas Play Sunday in HOT weather. It was difficult wearing coats. Glad you had a good time at the beach today. Sounds like fun.

Nancy, girl, I am impressed! I could not drive, load, etc a boat. You are my hero.

Maryann, did you take your walk?

Anyone hear from Paula lately? I hope she and Sloan get back soon. I miss them!

"Biggest Lower" tonight. Life is good.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:06 AM   #14  
hopeless but harmless

.Yes, I'm missing Paula and Sloan too. I've heard from Sloanie, she's rushed off her feet planning her daughter's wedding but she is OK and will be back on the forum as soon as she is less busy.

Nancy My husband is ex navy and as much at home on a boat as dry land. I am a sore disappointment to him, I get sea sick in the bath. We went on a ferry to Jersey once and it was the slowest old thing you ever saw. Then the gale hit. Everyone was having trouble getting about, I was bouncing off the walls. Hubby was trotting about whistling... He didn't whistle for long after he got to one end of a long corridor, looked back and saw me, green and hanging onto a post.

Has it got any cooler yet Sandra? We were heading for winter, bitterly cold and now the sun is cracking the sidewalks.

How's it going Tejas?

Maryann You sure sound as if you live in a lovely place. Is it near Cape Cod? If it is, that's my hubby's favourite place in America.

No plans for today, except maybe wash down the paintwork in the downstairs bathroom and Mark will grout a few tiles which have come loose
Old 09-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I had bad food yesterday but only ate 2 meals. That's my approach when we go out to eat.

We picked the vanity lights and towel bar/toilet paper holder yesterday. Today is vanity hardware, grout color, and room color. All that is left is to see the vanity top.

Tomorrow is the landscaping project and the tile is being delivered. All stressful stuff to me. You would think I'd be too busy to eat. NOT!!!!

Nancy and JoJo, I envy you handy folks. We are even afraid to change electric switches and outlets!

Mary Ann and Pam, what's up with you two not sleeping?

Sandra, I guess you want to see after photos? Of the landscaping or the bath? I've never been able to figure out how to post here. I'll definitely put some on FB. I see you only have 2 pounds to go until virgin territory. GREAT for you!!! I just don't care right now enough to weigh, track and measure so I'm trying to just be as good as I can until I have time to manage.

Rhonda, I agree with the more you eat the more you want. I'm trying to cut back. I'm hungry now. Oatmeal for me in a few minutes.

JoJo...are you on Facebook?