Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 01:50 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 9/26

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-26-2011, 01:54 AM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Good Morning everyone, Since I just caught up on all the threads and its almost 1am here I decided to start the thread for Monday.

The wedding was amazing, everything was beautiful. No one really said anything about my weight loss but some of them had not seen me in years and didn't know how large I had gotten. Those that knew I was dieting commented on how good I looked so that was a good feeling. I stayed completely OP 100% the whole time and even helped set up the food table. I wasn't even tempted at all. I had a great time with my mom and didn't want to leave to come back here. I will go back next month I am sure if not sooner. Hope everyone had a good nights rest, its time to start MONDAY!!
Old 09-26-2011, 05:43 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7'

Welcome back, Wuv. Congrats on staying OP the whole weekend!

Rainbowmom - I just read your threads about maybe feeling 'diet fatigue'. That is how I started to feel 2 weeks ago so switched to Phase 2 just to give me a little more variety. I do Phase 1 still on those days when I am just too busy to have 2 'real' meals a day. I am still losing - not as fast - but I'm still going down.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Default cabbage

Is green cabbage allowed now or did I misunderstand somewhere? I love cabbagesoup
Old 09-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! So today is WI#3 for me, so far my last 2 have only been 6 days apart, but hopefully after this week we can get on a regular schedule. Plus, my coach said I can bring in all the soups I have that I won't eat and exchange them for something I will TOM hit, so my weight was up a little more this morning then it has been, but I'm not letting myself think anything until I get there and get weighed. Plus, her scale always weighs me lighter then my scale at home. REEEEEALLY hoping I break into the 180's today, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 09-26-2011, 07:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 189/175/155

2 pounds to go! Changed my goal. My original goal was t get to a size 8, i am currently between a 6 and 8. Going to start phase two next week and really focus on firming up. Have lots of flabby areas to work on. Having surgery Thursday and it will be a few weeks before I can hit the gym. I cannot believe i've come this far! Have a great op day everyone. Truly, nothing tastes as good as thin feels. Will post before and after photos later!

Last edited by amaliayosa; 09-26-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #7  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Question carried over from yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaPatriciaK View Post
in your packages... thats your approx daily amount. its something my coach mentioned to me... your packages have a certain amount, which is why some are restricted to only once per day because they would go over 40g of carbs. i dont mean in the food you buy. but that was the lowest chicken broth I could find.
The reason I asked, Lisa, or reasons I should say is because Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book says 20 grams; the general concensus I've seen here over the past year and a half has 30 or fewer; and, as Carla says, keep well below 30 if you are quite carb sensitive.

Today I will have had 27.41 g of carbs: 12 from from whey protein, .2 from 1/2 lemon, 4.67 from 100 g spinach raw, 4.67 from 142 g Romaine, 1.6 light light cream and 4.86 from 145 g endive raw. This is a little more tan I usually have but I need to get rid of the endive.

The reason I'm being so specific, and continuing to pursue the topic, is because I would REALLY like others' perspectives/knowledge. And thanks in advance.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Welcome back, Wuv. Congrats on staying OP the whole weekend!

Rainbowmom - I just read your threads about maybe feeling 'diet fatigue'. That is how I started to feel 2 weeks ago so switched to Phase 2 just to give me a little more variety. I do Phase 1 still on those days when I am just too busy to have 2 'real' meals a day. I am still losing - not as fast - but I'm still going down.
Ah, yes, diet fatigue... Been there! I was on the program for almost 7 months. Make sure that you don't get in the habit of always eating the same thing.

Here are some tips:
1) Look for vegetables that you haven't tried and/or look for ways to cook them differently. E.g., have you tried turnips? Have you had a stir-fry with baby bok choy? Make an effort to try to two new recipes this week...
2) I also found that I could have gourmet chicken sausages or chili lime chicken burgers from Trader Joes as my protein and they felt like something totally different.

Branch out a little. It really does help make the diet bearable.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #9  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. Good luck on the weigh ins today.

I agree with PixlKitty..finding new recipes really helps to keep you motivated.
I am currently making something new by making shrimp salads..You cuisinart or blend vegetables: such as tomatoes, green onions, celery, cilantro, jalapeno or whatever you want up to 2 cups. Then mix the chopped misture into tuna or baby shrimp. You can sprinkle lime juice over it..or add wf mayo.

Have a great Monday.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 162/140/142

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! I survived the weekend. Today is day for on the IP plan and I feel good. Yesterday we went to a birthday party that was catered with all sorts of yummy Italian food. I had salad, and I asked the server if I could have some without dressing and she said yes and brought me out a bunch of plain lettuce - yes! The only meat choice there that was remotely on-plan was Chicken Marsala...I scraped all the goo off of it and maybe had about 3 oz...I hope that doesn't wreck me too much. I know that it's probably got lots of sugars but I didn't have too much. My weigh-in is Thursday so we'll find out then.
I read the plan over and over again and can't find if veggies are supposed to be cooked or raw (Phase 1). I'm assuming raw, and that 2 cups raw = 1 cup cooked, but I've just stuck to raw stuff so far so I'm not sure.
Thanks!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #11  

Good morning! I am glad it is Monday. I need to get back on my old routine of just using IP packets and not the Pure Protein bars, they are too good. I did buy a bag of shrimp so will try something different tonight for supper. I agree with the posters that I need to try new recipes to avoid diet fatigue. Have a great day everyone!

Great job Wuv at the wedding! Did you end up with rain?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:14 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone, Since I just caught up on all the threads and its almost 1am here I decided to start the thread for Monday.

The wedding was amazing, everything was beautiful. No one really said anything about my weight loss but some of them had not seen me in years and didn't know how large I had gotten. Those that knew I was dieting commented on how good I looked so that was a good feeling. I stayed completely OP 100% the whole time and even helped set up the food table. I wasn't even tempted at all. I had a great time with my mom and didn't want to leave to come back here. I will go back next month I am sure if not sooner. Hope everyone had a good nights rest, its time to start MONDAY!!
Welcome back, glad you had a good time and was able to stay OP (i had no doubts)!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:19 AM   #13  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning everyone! I am so thankful that I don't really have to go anywhere today. Where did all of this dirty laundry come from? I know what I will be doing today!! I love my quiet mornings where I can sit in peace with my coffee. The boys are off to school, the husband is off to work, and I have my normal routine. These days, my coffee and 3 fat chicks go hand in hand. Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Ok, i think i have too much carbs in my day and i can't figure out where to cut. So here's yesterday's menu.

Breakfast:
Butterscotch pudding mix - 2 carbs
1oz milk - approx. 1.5 carbs

Lunch
Lettuce 2
1c english cucumber 4
1c red peppers 9
1 pickled zippers 15

Dinner
6oz chicken 0
1c mushrooms 2.5
1c zucchinis 4

Snack
Jellow mix 2

So that brings me to 42. Now i know that my restricted is high but most of us have a restricted a day. And i know my peppers are high too but even if i would've had another lower cab veggie, i still would've been over the 30 carbs we're supposed to have a day.

can you give me ideas of where i could switch things up?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #15  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Ok, i think i have too much carbs in my day and i can't figure out where to cut. So here's yesterday's menu.

Breakfast:
Butterscotch pudding mix - 2 carbs
1oz milk - approx. 1.5 carbs

Lunch
Lettuce 2
1c english cucumber 4
1c red peppers 9
1 pickled zippers 15

Dinner
6oz chicken 0
1c mushrooms 2.5
1c zucchinis 4

Snack
Jellow mix 214 2.8

So that brings me to 42. Now i know that my restricted is high but most of us have a restricted a day. And i know my peppers are high too but even if i would've had another lower cab veggie, i still would've been over the 30 carbs we're supposed to have a day.

can you give me ideas of where i could switch things up?
By adding the pickle zippers you increase the carbs by over 50%. Is it worth it? Try switching the peppers for 60 g raw spinach = 2 cups: 14 calories, 2.8 g carbs, and 1.3 g fiber?
Closed Thread