Old 09-25-2011, 10:52 PM   #1  

Default Blue Team Fall Frenzy 2011 Chat Week 2 (09/26-10/02)

Well we did it first week is under our belt and on to week 2 already.

AWESOME JOB EVERYONE

I should have some results soon.

We had a few freebies used already as people forgot to WI, we had 2 WI late but let it through as the red team had 2 lates as well.

We will not be able to do this again after week 1 as everyone should be aware of the new time change now.

Just waiting til I hear from Mel and I will post the results in the results thread.

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR BIGGEST LOSERS FOR WEEK 1

Biggest Loser:
Somni, -9lbs, -3.93%

Honorable Mentions:
Bigmid, -6.6lbs, -3.60%
LaurenMarie720, -6lbs, -3.02%
Beck, -4.6lbs, -2.59%

I'll post the freebies used later in the week.

Here we go onto week 2:

Did anyone have any major (or minor) problems that need to be sorted out and can we be of any help with that.

What are your goals for this week.

I did not have any issues week 1 but am a little affraid of this week and maintaining/loseing as I had a pretty big number for me.

Goal this week is 2lbs
Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 398/257/150

Height: 5'6"

Congratulations to all the losers this week !! We rock !!!

It's great to see such teamwork in action... I'm very proud to be part of this awesome team.

This week should be another great week.... it's week 20 of our lifestyle change which means we get measurements at the end of the week as well as a DXA scan and blood tests. We're looking forward to seeing how well we've done for the past 20 weeks.

Here's hoping everyone has a great week !!
Old 09-25-2011, 10:59 PM   #3  
going for gold

Congrats to everyone!!

i think i may be about 12hrs ahead of everyone... im in australia so monday morning for me is most peoples sunday night... i WI this morning (my time currently 10:57am monday 26 september) so i think i may have to weigh in on a saturday (hardnly ever around my pc on a sunday) so i dont miss it again (i think i missed the wi time not sure to be honest)

otherwsie all is sort of ok my side, i have to lower my carbs (my calorie counter says i should be on 55% carbs for the day but ive tried that this week and failed misserably) so back to less carbs and more protein for me...

Last edited by Andynoo; 09-25-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

New week, new opportunity. Those who had bad weeks...you get to put it behind you now. Those who had amazing weeks...time to pick it up so you can recreate that awesome experience! I'm hoping for a bit better than my 2 pounds, but we'll see! I'm just happy if i continue to go down.

Any goals this week? Anyone trying anything new for better results? I will hopefully be springing into Zumba action again
Old 09-26-2011, 12:46 AM   #5  

CONGRATULATIONS BLUE TEAM WE WON WEEK 1.......................WOOHOO WAY TO GO EVERYONE

LeslieB- good luck with all of the tests it really does sound like an amazing lifestyle change you and hubby have been on.

Andynoo - yes you were late so next week you will have to be on time. We let the 2 lates on each team go through this time around. I'm such a carboholic it's not even funny. Good luck with the less carbs.

Purplefirefly - Zumba is so fun and for you to be able to do it at such a reasonable rate is awesome........dance away

Well heading to bed now, I have to work in the morning then cake class right after. I may just be on quickly to check in tomorrow.

Have a great start to week 2
Old 09-26-2011, 06:34 AM   #6  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Congrats, Blue Team, on this week's success! Keep up the great work!

The coming weeks will be challenging for me. Lots of Jewish holidays coming up- Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur, and Sukkot- and that means lots of food around (well, except the actual day of Yom Kippur, but before and after that). I have company coming this weekend, and birthdays to celebrate. I'm just going to stick to my calories and resist any and all temptations that will be presented.

I had a blood work done last week, and the doctor called and left a message Friday to call the office. It has me nervous about the results, but I'm praying all is well.

I hope everyone has a great week. Strength, determination, and success to us all!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #7  
~Kim~

75lbs lost as a team is awesome! My contribution was 4lbs, but that's only because I completely forgot to go back and update my starting weight before sign up closed. I actually was only down .2 yesterday from my weighin the week before. That's purely because TOM showed up yesterday and I'm holding onto a LOT of water. The good news is it will be gone next weighin and whatever I truly lost last week will show up with what I lose this week. =)

I hope we all have another great week!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #8  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

My challenge this week is that I have been bouncing off 161.4 for 4 months. I need to go lower and break through and it seems to be a stubborn little plateau.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #9  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

Awesome job, Blue Team!!

My goal is 2 lbs this week. Should be doable if I stick to my plan. It's the licks and tastes that is hard for me to give up. I always think, that's a lick gonna do.... but a LOT of licks, adds up to spoons, and cups.... if you know what i mean... so, my main goal should really be: Stop the mindless licking/tasting when I cook for the rest of the family. Seriously, there was no need to lick the stirring spoon of that brownie that I baked for the family on Saturday night... but, boy.... was it good.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #10  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

WTG, Somni!

I think my weekends are killing me - I just tend to go off the rails on eating, and get pretty much no exercise. So... this coming weekend, no off-plan eating, and get some (purposeful) exercise at least one day.

My goal for this week is 3 lbs (a weigh-in of 207 by Sunday night).
Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #11  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

Whew- got the blood work results, and the only concern is that I'm vitamin D deficient. That's easily taken care of with some supplements, and I'll make a point to spend some more time in the sun each day. I was worried about my glucose level, but it's right within range, and my cholesterol is great. I actually laughed with happiness and cried with relief when they told me the only concern was the Vit.D.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #12  

Hi everyone good morning to you, well just heading out the Dorr for work but wanted to do a quick pop in first.

Beck that is great news from your results, I was talking to a pharmacist at work and he said pretty much everybody should be taking a bit D supplement as were all deficient ans it can't hurt you if you not. Good luck with the company and food choices this week.

Okay was going to writ more but my tablet is pi@#ing my off right now with autocorrect.

Hope to sign in later

Have a great day
Old 09-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

What a great showing for our first week, Blue Team!

A little close, though, so let's keep it up lest the Red Team out-loses us! And congrats, Somni, and everyone else with losses this week. And those with no loss - you're going to do great this week! 加油!

Beck: That's good news about the test results! I always feel that way, too, whenever I get a follow-up like that. It's also good that it's D - fix that right up and you'll have more energy!

My challenge this week is taking care of my body. I think I strained a muscle while swimming this morning, and I plan to see the doctor tomorrow about it. I'd already had 2 days rest, but my swim was a real struggle this morning, and I think I may have overdone it by still trying to get in 1km, nearly all freestyle. A couple hours after I finished, the area around my sternum was hurting, and it's still hurting now, late at night. I even felt pain while reaching up to erase the whiteboard at work (I'm a teacher), which hardly qualifies as strenuous!

This means I'm definitely taking tomorrow off, and waiting to see what the doctor says about returning to exercise. For now, no swimming, definitely no kettlebell, and no running. I think the only thing I can do at the moment is walking, so that will have to be my exercise this week if the doctor okays it.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #14  
Doing something for me!

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/125-135

Height: 5'4"

YAY BLUE TEAM!!!!!
Somni - CONGRATS! Amazing!

BigMid - Congrats on 6.6 lbs lost! Good Luck with the 2 lbs this week I'm sure you can do it!

Lauren - Congrats on the 6 lb loss!

Beck - Congrats on the 4.6 lbs lost! And glad to hear the test results were good!

Leslie - Good Luck with the DXA scan and blood tests!

Purplefirefly - Good Luck with the Zumba classes!

TooManyDimples - I hate how TOM makes me gain 10lbs (no joke) and then lose it within 2 days! Good Luck this week!

Ennay - Good Luck on getting past the plateau!

LittleBlueCat- i have the same problem...tasting everything along the way during cooking.

2sw33t- I also have difficulties with weekends. Together we can make through the weekends! Would you want to hold each other accountable?

slowrunner - Hope you start feeling better soon!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! My goal this week is 3 lbs (mostly because I want to be back to 178 by next week)! I think I can do this if I stay on plan all week!
Old 09-26-2011, 12:51 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/181/160

Height: 5'7

Woooooo. Go BLUE! I'm hoping for a 2-3lb loss. I really love to be out of the 190s by the end of the week. I weigh Fridays so I haven't weighed in yet. I will here shortly cuz I'm off to the gym.

This week is going to be hard because one of my friends (he's basically like my brother) is on his R&R from Afghanistan so there will be lots and lots of food for dinner the next two weeks (I'm going to see him as much as I can right now) but I know if I can eat portions I can really have whatever I want. I haven't had an issue yet in my journey I jus know I'll have to burn a lot on the gym.

well off to the gym to get my workout in and to face the scale to see where I am this week!