Old 09-25-2011, 01:10 AM   #1  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

Default Had a challenge on day 7

I just started IP last Saturday. Yesterday (Friday) we had a company picnic. I was going to skip it but decided to go and do my best.

I was immediately offered a beer, and more than once. I said no thanks I'm on my motorcycle and opted for mineral water instead. The appetizers all looked good and were mostly off limits. I had a few items like goat cheese dip or corn chips and salsa but kept them to just a couple small bites. When it was time to eat I skipped all of the dishes with pasta, potatoes, and sweets. I had a plain (no bun) brat with mustard, a small piece of grilled salmon, some cucumber salad, and half a plate of green salad. Later 4 pies showed up. I passed and went to play Horse with the kids. I felt pretty good about myself later. Skipped the evening snack packet to compensate for the brat. Not bad I think for my first challenge. There'll be more but I feel pretty confident.
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #2  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

You handled it really well!!! I had a similar challenge last week, church pot luck. We are going to have these challenges for a lifetime and I think you made really good choices, congratulations!!
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 11:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Wow that is awesome. With all that variety of tasty foods I don't know if I would have been able to resist. WTG
Ryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:23 PM   #4  
cinammon

S/C/G: 202.8/187.6/145

Height: 5' 1"

Hi, tykesplace
You did awesome. I had a similar challenge which should help with Thanksgiving. After a busy day with a large event. I even packed my lunch to take. All of the family went out for supper. I chose Salmon and asked for my rice to be switched to mushrooms, had broccoli and ordered a tossed salad with no carrots.

It feels great after knowing you succeeded in something and I still enjoy my meal as much as the others.
cinammon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #5  
My friends call me Darrel

S/C/G: 414/314/215

Height: 6'2"

Exactly. I felt much better later than I would have if I ate the way I usually would. Likely 3 or 4 beers. Lots more of the dips and appetizers. 2 or 3 brats. Different pasta salads. At least one large slice of pie.

It's funny when I think about it but it was as if I expected people to wonder why I wasn't eating everything and assume I didn't like the food or was on a diet or something. Reality is no one really notices.

Next challenge will be my cousin's kid's wedding next weekend. How do you not eat cake at a wedding.

Last edited by tykesplace; 09-25-2011 at 08:27 PM.
tykesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:37 AM   #6  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykesplace View Post
Exactly. I felt much better later than I would have if I ate the way I usually would. Likely 3 or 4 beers. Lots more of the dips and appetizers. 2 or 3 brats. Different pasta salads. At least one large slice of pie.

It's funny when I think about it but it was as if I expected people to wonder why I wasn't eating everything and assume I didn't like the food or was on a diet or something. Reality is no one really notices.

Next challenge will be my cousin's kid's wedding next weekend. How do you not eat cake at a wedding.
DON'T go near the wedding cake, its quiet simple....haha.....I just got back from my nephew's wedding tonight. I stayed completely OP the whole time. I even helped set up the food table and was not even tempted but it sure did smell good. If you can handle the first challenge then the second one will be even easier. Its all how you think about it and how determined you are about your lifestyle change. I am sorry, I did not welcome you to the board. I have been gone for a few days. We are all on this journey together, we can get through all of the challenges with each other's help!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #7  
cinammon

Hi everyone,
Another interesting challenge that worked.
Today is birthday celebrations for the month. My supervisor makes delicious desserts and brings them in. Normally, I wouldn't go down to the lunchroom but it is my birthday tomorrow so I am one of the celebrants. She always makes my favourite 'cherry cheesecake' for me. To not be rude and bring attention to myself when she slid it in front of me, I accepted graciously.

The CC cake is here at my desk after lunch I will place it in my lunch container and take home for my husband. Just in doing something nice to give to my husband makes me feel like I have participated and I know he will enjoy.

Tonight will be my first weigh in and the success of my first week.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:29 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinammon View Post
Hi everyone,
Another interesting challenge that worked.
Today is birthday celebrations for the month. My supervisor makes delicious desserts and brings them in. Normally, I wouldn't go down to the lunchroom but it is my birthday tomorrow so I am one of the celebrants. She always makes my favourite 'cherry cheesecake' for me. To not be rude and bring attention to myself when she slid it in front of me, I accepted graciously.

The CC cake is here at my desk after lunch I will place it in my lunch container and take home for my husband. Just in doing something nice to give to my husband makes me feel like I have participated and I know he will enjoy.

Tonight will be my first weigh in and the success of my first week.
He will totally enjoy that, and that is sweet of you to keep it for him instead of tossing it. Great job of resisting temptation since its your favorite
Old 09-27-2011, 11:45 AM   #9  
cinammon

Hi everyone,

You are so right that we need each other for help. We so often look for new challenges in our work but as soon as we think of it in relation to food it becomes a bit of a negative challenge in our thinking. Maybe we should honor these challenges as successes and goals.

Today is my birthday and hubby is taking me to one of my favourite restaurants.
I’m not as worried because I know now I what and how to chose and not worry about asking for specific items to be added and removed.

P.S. First weigh in – 8.9lbs. Never in my life has that happened for me. I am so pumped.

I will also, be glad when I receive a tracking ticker.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #10  

Quote:
Hi everyone,

You are so right that we need each other for help. We so often look for new challenges in our work but as soon as we think of it in relation to food it becomes a bit of a negative challenge in our thinking. Maybe we should honor these challenges as successes and goals.

I’m not as worried because I know now I what and how to chose and not worry about asking for specific items to be added and removed.

P.S. First weigh in – 8.9lbs. Never in my life has that happened for me. I am so pumped.

CONGRATS on that terrific WI and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!....Sounds like you have everything under control for tonight so enjoy yourself
Old 09-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 164/147.5/138

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Fantastic job! Keep it up and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 164/147.5/138

Quote:
Originally Posted by tykesplace View Post
I just started IP last Saturday. Yesterday (Friday) we had a company picnic. I was going to skip it but decided to go and do my best.

I was immediately offered a beer, and more than once. I said no thanks I'm on my motorcycle and opted for mineral water instead. The appetizers all looked good and were mostly off limits. I had a few items like goat cheese dip or corn chips and salsa but kept them to just a couple small bites. When it was time to eat I skipped all of the dishes with pasta, potatoes, and sweets. I had a plain (no bun) brat with mustard, a small piece of grilled salmon, some cucumber salad, and half a plate of green salad. Later 4 pies showed up. I passed and went to play Horse with the kids. I felt pretty good about myself later. Skipped the evening snack packet to compensate for the brat. Not bad I think for my first challenge. There'll be more but I feel pretty confident.
Other people are definitely the hardest part of staying on plan in my opinion! You did fantastic! Keep up the good work!
aroundtheriverbend is offline   Reply With Quote