PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 06:15 PM   #1  
Swimming Mouse

Question Question, re hormone levels?

I posted here this summer, but then disappeared for awhile as I was moving and adjusting to a new job.

The new forum looks great.

I have a question though: My current employer is stating that other employees have noticed a 'foul odor' when I am present. This is mega-embarassing, as you can imagine.

I shower everyday, my apartment is VERY clean, and I wash my clothes frequently. I'm NOT a dirty person.

I'm wondering if this could be caused by the birth control pills or another "symptom"?

The doctors have decided that I do not have 'normal' PCOS, but instead something that is related, but more rare, and possibly more serious. They're waiting on another blood test to determine if I do, in fact, have this.
I'd give you the name if I thought I could get it typed in correctly without making a mess out of it.

Is this possible? I've been unable to reach my 'new' reproductive endocrinologist, and don't know that the old one can answer this question. Technically she's not my old one, since she referred me to another one, but I don't live near her anymore.

I feel as if my employer is harassing me over this, because since we met once last week over the issue, they are demanding another meeting, and will again have human resources present. I honestly feel they are doing it because of my weight, because of the hair growth, and my thinning hair... and less because of any supposed odor. I've degraded myself to the point of having no pride left, and not wanting to be at work, or be with anybody from work by asking other staff that I work closely with, and only one of them has said anything.

I don't know what to do... I recently switched from teaching in a public school, where I had the protection of a union, to a private school. I don't have this protection anymore, and now I'm learning why its so important.
Old 01-30-2003, 06:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

There is only one thing I can think of. If you are on a low-carb diet, and if you are in ketosis, you will have bad breath and perhaps it will excrete through your skin. Maybe??

It does sound like they are discriminating against you because of your appearance, and that is a big no-no. Since Human Resources is involved, I would make sure you get representation on your side, report them for harrassment if you have to.

Good luck to you!
Old 01-30-2003, 07:01 PM   #3  
Swimming Mouse

I'm not on an official low carb diet, but I try to keep the carbs lower than most people would.
I suppose that is possible, but if that is the case, what do I do about it??

Magi
Closed Thread