Old 09-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/248/150

Height: 5'2 1/2"

Default Dealing with reality...

I am back on track but it has taken me a long time to start again... I am facing my first challenge tonight --It is my daughters Birthday --we are having a party for her ...full of food, cake and ice cream. I keep praying for the willpower to celebrate without eating all of the carbs, sugar, and crap!!! ANY advice on how to succeed would be appreciated..... I usually just try and avoid these situations.

Thanks.....
jennisue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:28 PM   #2  
Motivated 1/13/2010

S/C/G: 169/ticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy birthday to your daughter!!!!

For me, I have to have a plan. I will go have a good time and eat x item (1/2 cupcake or whatever, just account for it) and no more. Period. If you want to eat, drink water or suck one of those peppermint things. or chew gum.

Good luck!! One day at a time!
Teresa2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Oh birthdays, they can pose such a challenge to those of us who are trying to watch what we eat.
My best advice for dinner is to make the healthiest choices you can out of the food being served. If your having burgers, eat your without a bun. Leave the chips alone and fill up on veggies if they are available but don't beat yourself up if you do not eat exactly on plan.
As for the cake and ice cream, allow yourself a small piece of cake and a small scoop of ice cream if you want. Otherwise, cut and serve the cake and ice cream and have a healthier snack available for you to eat. Is there a low calorie treat you really like that you can enjoy while the others are eating cake?
When I first started my weight loss journey we went to my nephews birthday and while others were eating cake I ate a grapefruit, peeled like an orange. I got a few strange looks but hey, I stayed away from the cake.
My last piece of advice is if your having family over for dinner, and have assorted food laid out in the kitchen, stay as far away from that area as you can after you have eaten your meal. If you are like me, when I sit in front of food, even after I have eaten, I snack on whatever is in front of me.
Best of luck to you. Hope you have a great time tonight!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 187/134/130

Happy Birthday to her! .

For tonight, you have two choices:

1) Don't start your diet tonight - this may not be the right time because of the party. Go ahead and eat. Start diet tomorrow.

2) Eat a good dinner but simply refrain from the cake, ice cream, etc.....every time you are tempted, create a mental picture of yourself when your weight goal is reached and recommit to getting there. This type of discipline gets easier the more you practice it, especially when the pounds start coming off and it starts to become reality.

Either way, I'm pretty sure you'll do the right thing for yourself because your presence here on 3FC tells me that you want to try. Good luck!
IDontKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #5  
Just do it

S/C/G: 157/152/137

Height: 5'4"

Hi there! I completely agree with iDon'tKnow....

>I'm pretty sure you'll do the right thing for yourself because your presence here on 3FC tells me that you want to try. Good luck!

Happy Birthday to your daughter!
BlissBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/184/145

Height: 5'8"

^What IDontKnow said^

Keep veggies on hand. I personally love those small tomatoes.

And happy happy birthday to your daughter!

Last edited by Annalena; 10-04-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Annalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #7  

Default damage limitation

a little bit of whatever is ok, its a special occasion, just cut back a little tomorrow to compensate , GOOD LUCK !
hotcakes65 is offline   Reply With Quote