Old 09-19-2011, 02:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Why Bother!!!!

Last year I weighed 170 and I am 5'2". I joined WW and had lost a whopping 24 lbs and was feeling GREAT! Then I had a devastating medical problem occur. The lens in my eye spontaneously dislocated necessitating immediate surgery.

To make a long story short: First surgeon screwed up and after months of no vision, I ended up going to another state to have the surgery redone AFTER first having a surgery to repair damage done by first surgery.

During all this, I was unable to read, go on computer, drive, watch tv, well you get the idea! Its true that when one sense goes, the others heighten.

Now, one year later, I am heavier than ever (just under 180). I have a portion of my sight back and can get back to working out....FINALLY!

But now I have absolutely NO drive to do so. My energy level is nil and I am a SAHM but my kids are in school all day.

I make matters worse? My husband says he loves the way I look right now (meaning: boobs larger ) but he doesn't have any idea how much I weigh.

My junk food monster is stronger than ever and my willpower isn't there anymore. I feel guilty after eating something I know I shouldn't.

I can think of a hundred good reasons to lose the weight, but need motivation. I have an elliptical sitting beside me right now and it has dust on it!

Help!

Marie

Last edited by tiniree; 09-19-2011 at 02:23 PM.
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #2  
Je suis prest

Height: 5'7"

Wow, you've really been through the ringer! I think we all have days like this (I know I do). I usually start out small... something like 'I won't eat after 9:30' or 'I'll only have one soda today'. Then if I can manage that for a week I'll go ahead and add to the list. That way I'm not feeling so overwhelmed/tired.
fatbottomed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'0"

Marie, it sure sounds like you have been through a lot and I am so sorry. I completely sympathize with how you are feeling, it sounds a lot like I am feeling. I don't have any great advise as I am struggling too, but I want you to know you are not alone. Like someone else said start small and be kind to yourself
girlvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:02 PM   #4  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Oh hun, I had some eye problems that required surgery too and so I can really feel your pain.
I agree with fattbottomed girl about making small changes first.
I am going to repeat something that I read on this forum that has had a huge impact on me and my weight loss journey. I goes something like, if you wait for the motivation to do something, you will never get it done. Weight loss and the exercise that goes along with a healthier lifestyle takes commitment. Motivation will not get you to the finish line but commitment will. You are NOT going to be perfect everyday but everyday you need to commitment to being as good as you can.
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:20 PM   #5  

You need to take baby steps, just get up and start moving, thats what I had to do, just 3 weeks ago. I started eating right and hitting the gym 3 times a week, then 5 times a week and now my goal is 6 times a week. Started at 218 and now I'm 208. I have to talk to myself before each exercise regimen, its hard but you have to do it for your health.
juicyvsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #6  

Height: 5'2"

Thanks everyone! This morning I woke with a better attitude and decided to try something new.

So I pulled up my gym's list of classes and actually took my first Spin class this morning It was tough, and I wasn't able to do all the standing parts, but I stuck it out, kept peddling and finished....60 minutes!

Not too bad!

On a side note: Came out from the gym to discover a giant horizontal crack in my front windshield . Found out our insurance doesn't cover windshield replacement!

Hubby was not happy when I phoned him at work

I know we aren't the only ones going thru tough times, but why on earth does the bad come in groups!!!!

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote