Old 09-19-2011, 11:27 AM   #1  

Default My little pilates challenge

Hi everyone

I'm moving away to another country in 10 days. I'm not sure what kind of exercise I'll manage to do right after I get there so I thought I should use these last days.. I know I won't see a difference but it's better than just laying around and waiting (I'm really nervous so time is going by really slowly).

I work out almost every day, mostly cardio. I lost a lot of weight but my shape is basically still the same. My thighs did shrink a tiny bit, but my pant size can still be the same as 15lbs ago. I can't get rid of those damn lovehandles and saddlebags no matter how much cardio I do. So I'm going to try pilates every day or every other day. I guess I can do pilates in my dorm room when I get there too and that can be good if I don't get any other options soon. I'm not a newbie at pilates but I was not doing it on a regular basis since I finished a beginners class a few years ago.

So I'm making this thread to make myself accountable for what I do and eat everyday. Anyone is welcome to join me!

Measurements:
thigh 23
hips 37
waist 27.6
bust 35

I don't want to be super thin, I am very happy with the weight I lost but I just want to take it a step further. I want to be happy with my body, not just ok with it.. My upper body is great, but everything from my knees to my navel is just uuugh.. Like I didn't even lose weight at all.. I like curves on a woman but I'm very untoned in this area and I'm hoping pilates besides my regular cardio would help me get to where I want to be.

Thanks for reading!

hugss
khat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:40 AM   #2  

9/19/2011

Did 20 minutes of pilates in the morning and 40 min of stairmaster in the evening.

b: grapes, low fat yogurt with muesli
l: bean minestrone, piece of whole wheat bread, green salad
d: I have no idea..

Also, drank 17oz of unsweetened tea, 60oz of plain water.. I'm PMSing big time so I just crave stupid things like bread.. I'll try more protein tomorrow and hope for a whoosh
Old 09-20-2011, 06:05 PM   #3  

9/20/2011

20 minutes of pilates, 30 min walk and a very active day in general..

I had no time for breakfast and my mom made the worst zucchini pasta I have ever tasted for lunch.. I don't know how she managed to screw up the zucchini sauce, it's my favorite veggie and not very complicated to prepare.. So I had veggie soup, salad and some more veggie soup in the evening, lots of coffee and teas, and dry bread.. Aaarg.. I have no idea why I crave toasted bread so badly when Im PMSing. Also passed an exam today. So a good day, but my eating was kind of the last thing on my mind. Pilates was nice and relaxing.. I already feel my core. I guess that's just my sore muscles but I'm in denial about it
Old 09-21-2011, 02:45 PM   #4  

9/21/2011
Today was my 'rest' day. I did have one short walk to the store and a longer walk in the evening. My TOM is here and it would just be torture to ''feel that powerhouse really working my core'' as the pilates people like to say. I feel like my ovaries ran a marathon last night all on their own..
My eating was ok. I baked a nice meatless meat loaf (soy loaf?), soup and green salad for lunch and a sandwich for dinner. Breakfast was a fruit smoothie and some cashews for snacks.. Nothing special really.. I'm just waiting for the pain to go away and the overall 'feeling of blah' to pass..