UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:57 AM   #1  

Default Just joined!

Hi Everyone,

I've just joined this group as I really like the look of the supportive atmosphere - I am just starting to watch what I eat (again!!) and plan to start working out this week.

I've always had weight issues although in my late twenties I did lose 77lbs (careful calorie counting, watching my fat intake and exercising regularly) and for the first time ever felt comfortable, fit and confident, I kept it off for nearly ten years, then had twins!!

A catalogue of issues from post natal depression, grief, coming to terms with my children's disabilities etc have all sent me seeking solace in the biscuit tin and now I'm right back to square one only now I don't have any friends to count on either - ooh that sounded very self pitying, it's not meant to its just a bit about who I am I quit smoking four years ago as I'd promised myself I'd do it for my boys, now I want to do this for me so that I have more energy to keep up with them - lol

Its a long time since I was this out of condition (if ever) so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed but back to the calorie counting I go, I know I will feel so much better if I do this and exercise is good for my mental health as well as my physical health - I just need to work out what to start with as I definitely can't dive in where I left off

Best wishes
x
Vanilla Wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #2  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Hi Vanilla Wishes and welcome to 3FC,

The UK board has gone awfully quiet at the moment, but you're right, this is an awesome place to receive support and also accountability as you set out upon your weight loss journey.

I joined at the beginning of the year, and after a mid year wobble due to moving countries and having all sorts going on, I'm back here with a bang determined to make huge changes (little by little!) before 2011 is done!

I think you've made the hardest step deciding now is the time to change again. The fact you've done it before should act as great motivation, go you! Take it one choice at a time, and if you stick at it and don't punish yourself when you fall off the wagon you'll do great!

How have things been going since you posted this?

Good luck!
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote